Its Official!! Best Coffee WDW-Chefs de France!!

Dotty

DIS Veteran
Thanks Kevin for your review of Chefs de France - I really enjoyed it..!!

We visited both WDW & Chefs during our vacation this month. After complaining ad nauseam to my partner about the slush that passes as "coffee" in WDW, my prayers were finally answered when we visited Chefs de France!!

I was very excited when I heard you say they have the best coffee in WDW -I guess now its official !! :cool1:

"Best Coffee" really is a matter of personal preference and many factors can influence your personal opinion.

For instance, the last time I was at WDW, I loved the pressed pot of Kona coffee at Kona Cafe. However, some other people in my party who love the very roasted flavor of the typical Starbucks blend you find on any given day didn't care for it as much. Also, if you add cream to your coffee, the Kona wasn't as flavorful since it was so mild to begin with. I don't think this makes it "bad" or "good".

This is why a place like Starbucks has numerous types of coffeee and rates them according to strength and with flavor characteristics. You can match them with your taste.

This is not to say that anything that comes out of a device labled "Nescafe" isn't swill!

Sorry, but I beg to differ. There IS such a thing as BAD coffee.

It is sold at virtually every Kiosk and counter service eatery at WDW :upsidedow

Sorry, but I beg to differ. There IS such a thing as BAD coffee.

It is sold at virtually every Kiosk and counter service eatery at WDW :upsidedow

What do you differ with me about? I did say the Nescafe was swill. That is the coffee you're talking about.

Well, I think the one thing we can all agree on is that a good cup o' joe is a rare commodity @ WDW!

Ohhh, this info would have been good a week ago! My dad, who is a coffee snob, asked every restaurant we went to about the coffee. He started out by asking, "You don't serve that NesCafe, do you?" Although I am pretty certain nearly every eatery did (maybe besides the Kona Cafe), they all gave answers around-about...."Well ours is a three bean blend" (Artist's Point) to "Um, I am not sure...". My dad's favorite cup of coffee was Le Cellier...although I should mention it had a hefty amount of whiskey in it, along with some whipped cream. Must of killed the taste of the Nescafe.

What do you differ with me about? I did say the Nescafe was swill. That is the coffee you're talking about.

Hi

You had mentioned that coffee is not ‘bad’ or ‘good’ per se, but rather that it depends on an individual’s taste.

My point was that coffee CAN be BAD, period. Example: WDW Kiosk/counter coffee.

However I see now that you were probably only referring to “real coffee” (such as the Kona coffee you mentioned), rather than the Nescafe power/syrup version of “coffee” that is sold at WDW.

Thus in this case, yes I most certainly agree with your point re: individual tastes!

In any event, after dining at Chefs de France I had said that I thought it was the best coffee at WDW. While listening to the podcast Kevin said exactly the same thing, which made me very excited!! Hence the reason for my post (Yes I get excited over coffee!!)...

My dad's favorite cup of coffee was Le Cellier...although I should mention it had a hefty amount of whiskey in it, along with some whipped cream. Must of killed the taste of the Nescafe.

I am a coffee snob and I have to say that the only place I've gotten a decent cup was Narcoosee's(press pot). But when you add alcohol to the Nescafe it goes from bad to great. :love: It's the only way to drink Nescafe IMO.

My dad's favorite cup of coffee was Le Cellier...although I should mention it had a hefty amount of whiskey in it, along with some whipped cream. Must of killed the taste of the Nescafe.

HAHAHA - thats hilarious !! :lmao:

Bwhahahahah! That's fantastic! I'm gonna have to try this next time! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter