IT'S OFFICIAL!!!****OCTOBER 2014****...ROLL CALL!! Join the party!

Hey, 515 people have read this, come on and join! Don't be shy! :goodvibes

So I was looking at the dates for this year's Halloween parties, and it looks like I'll definitely be there during the time they have the parties.

Everyone keep their fingers crossed they have one on 10/2/14 (my birthday)!!! ::yes::

We're going, too!
Oct 9 - Oct 15, probably staying in POFQ. We'll stick around offsite after that, so we might be in the parks on and off until Oct 23rd (Thanksgiving!)
We went in February last time, and wanting to try visiting in the fall.

..:wave2: Hi Shannon! Recognized you from the February 2013 thread :wave2:

Joining in!!! We are booking today for October 19th - 24th!!! Still unsure where we are staying. It's either the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge or Polynesian. My husband will be the tie breaker when he gets home from work, so we will be booking tonight!!! My vote is for the Contemporary. I like the 5 minute walk to the Magic Kingdom and with a toddler it's better not to fight with Disney transportation ;)

Edit:

and....

THE WILDERNESS LODGE WINS!!!!!

We will be staying on the club level. Eeeeekk!!! :D :D :D

I would love to stay at any deluxe but Poly would be it for me just love the pics. But we will be at CSR, good thing we will have a car :goodvibes and a crip tag so we can park semi close.....:lmao:

Joining in!!! We are booking today for October 19th - 24th!!! Still unsure where we are staying. It's either the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge or Polynesian. My husband will be the tie breaker when he gets home from work, so we will be booking tonight!!! My vote is for the Contemporary. I like the 5 minute walk to the Magic Kingdom and with a toddler it's better not to fight with Disney transportation ;)

Edit:

and....

THE WILDERNESS LODGE WINS!!!!!

We will be staying on the club level. Eeeeekk!!! :D :D :D

That should be fantastic! :thumbsup2

I would love to stay at any deluxe but Poly would be it for me just love the pics. But we will be at CSR, good thing we will have a car :goodvibes and a crip tag so we can park semi close.....:lmao:

A woman I work with loves CSR, has nothing but good things to say. I'm pretty sure she said the bus service was fine there, but if you have a car, doesn't matter! ;)

Hooray! Never too early to start planning! We'll be going sometime the third week of October 2014. I'm thinking a Sun-Thurs for the best rates with David's Vacation Club Rentals. Can't wait for November to finalize where we'll (me and DH) will be staying! Hoping for BWV with a Boardwalk view. We are such people watchers and I can't think of a better place to do so, ESPESCIALLY during the F&W festival, which I've never done and it is so us! We'll actually be staying off property the second week of October and hanging over at THE DARKSIDE (super excited for WWoHP!). DH has never been to WDW as an adult, so I'm super excited to introduce him to the world I love and I call "my Vegas". I think I'll be ruining him by taking him during the F&W festival as I can only imagine how amazing it will be, but then again, I may be taking him at the best time in order to ensure he'll want to go again and again!

(I just figured out how to quote, but haven't done so in this, so here is a copy paste)
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
I would love to stay at any deluxe but Poly would be it for me just love the pics. But we will be at CSR, good thing we will have a car and a crip tag so we can park semi close.....

I totally understand the desire to stay Deluxe... I stayed at CSR for my solo trip in Sept 2011 and had an amazing time! The pool was a very social place to meet people as well as what I called "CSR's Boardwalk". The buses were quite great and it never took very long to get anywhere and no car was necessary. The "lovebugs" were a bit of a bother, but that's Florida in Sept for you. Rumor was October they are not around... here's hoping!

For my next trip I looked into renting points with David's Vacation Club and found that for less the cost I usually pay at a moderate, I could stay at a DVC resort closer to the action! The only issue is you have to pay upfront almost a year in advance for the popular places (if they are even available). Just something to think about... either way, CSR is quite awesome.

Hooray! Never too early to start planning! We'll be going sometime the third week of October 2014. I'm thinking a Sun-Thurs for the best rates with David's Vacation Club Rentals. Can't wait for November to finalize where we'll (me and DH) will be staying! Hoping for BWV with a Boardwalk view. We are such people watchers and I can't think of a better place to do so, ESPESCIALLY during the F&W festival, which I've never done and it is so us! We'll actually be staying off property the second week of October and hanging over at THE DARKSIDE (super excited for WWoHP!). DH has never been to WDW as an adult, so I'm super excited to introduce him to the world I love and I call "my Vegas". I think I'll be ruining him by taking him during the F&W festival as I can only imagine how amazing it will be, but then again, I may be taking him at the best time in order to ensure he'll want to go again and again!

yay!!! Welcome!

We've all got a long wait huh? :rotfl:

Hello!! I am new here. I have been on the boards before when I was planning our disneymoon! We took our son last year for his first trip but since DH is wanting to take a trip for a shooting competition then we get to go to Disney in October 2014 again!!! I am wanting to take my mom because DH has decided to sit this trip out!! I love going in October for the weather and the MNSSHP!! So now to decide our dates!!

Hello!! I am new here. I have been on the boards before when I was planning our disneymoon! We took our son last year for his first trip but since DH is wanting to take a trip for a shooting competition then we get to go to Disney in October 2014 again!!! I am wanting to take my mom because DH has decided to sit this trip out!! I love going in October for the weather and the MNSSHP!! So now to decide our dates!!

Yay!! Welcome!!

Have fun planning, it's part of the fun! pixiedust:

Just booked our trip for my daughters 5th birthday (October 22nd). We will be staying at the Contemporary from October 20th-27th. Right now we have a tower room with a lake view but if any discounts come out that cover theme park view and there is availability we will likely switch views.

YAY! I've found a new home! I was planning an October 2013 trip for about 2 months and just had to cancel our reservations as my boyfriend got the call to report to the Academy for the NYS Department of Corrections (this is wonderful news, but canceling my WDW trip was still a hard pill to swallow) in September. So we're now planning on October 9-21 of 2014 and we'll actually be going with 3 other couples which will be a blast! This will be an adults only trip (2 of the couples have kids) and it's going to be a wonderful time! I'm trying to keep myself focused on the advantages of going next year instead of this year so that I don't get too upset about the cancelation. I'll be at my favorite place in the world on my 30th birthday (10/13/14)and it'll be my boyfriend's first time. I'm also hopeful I'll be getting the Disney World proposal while we're there that I've always wanted :love: We'll have more money to spend and I'll have some more time to drop a couple pounds...so really going in October 2014 is a much better deal, with the exception that now I have to wait over a year to go! Time flies though :cool1:

I think... *fingers crossed*... I've got DH on board with DVC! And that means... October 2014!!! I have been dying to go for Halloween for years and it never works with our schedules.

Not solid on the dates quite yet though!

When I began the process of deciding we were going to Disney I was set on sometime in October. Then I was told I couldn't pull the high school kids from school, so I said OK we would go in August :confused3. But when I really thought about August is just too hot and we are not a family that would have fun in that much heat :faint:. So it was looking like December for winter break :santa:, until I had a wonderful phone call from a friend in the schools that told me about pre-approved absences and the whole year opened back up :thumbsup2. We were going to stick with December, but I really really want to go to the Halloween party.

Today I sat down and booked our first family vacation to Disney World and after a long debate we are going October 13-22. I am super excited :goodvibes. I haven't been to Disney since I was 16 and I have wanted to take my kids since my oldest ones were little.

Alright, welcome everyone!!! :goodvibes

I don't visit this site a lot during the week( stupid job ;)) but I love coming back to see all of us planning visits! It seems a lot of you guys are going later October.
We're going the first 10 days, a little nervous about that, but who cares, going to Disney!

I'm hoping that Animal Kingdom will be open until at least 7 or 8 some of the nights I'm there so we can experience it in the dusk/dark....I bet it would be so pretty. :)

Do you guys have different ideas on what to do at night while you are there if the parks close a little earlier than the summer months?
While we are there as a just a couple before my nieces and sisters meet us, I think we will be hitting up a few nicer restaurants and some lounges for drinks, etc.
After the kids arrive, I'm sure we'll go to whatever park is open the latest and then just hang at the hotel for some cocktails later in the night.:thumbsup2

Again, if anyone wants me to put a master list in the first post of who is going when, I'll totally do it.

I think... *fingers crossed*... I've got DH on board with DVC! And that means... October 2014!!! I have been dying to go for Halloween for years and it never works with our schedules.

Not solid on the dates quite yet though!

We'll be there on my b-day, Oct 2 (41 :sad:) and I'm hoping there will be a Halloween party that night! I'll just pretend it's all for me... :rotfl:

First I have to get through turning 40 this year...how did that happen?:rotfl2: I don't feel 40! :laughing:

We'll be there on my b-day, Oct 2 (41 :sad:) and I'm hoping there will be a Halloween party that night! I'll just pretend it's all for me... :rotfl:

First I have to get through turning 40 this year...how did that happen?:rotfl2: I don't feel 40! :laughing:

I had my birthday this year in the park - I just figured those fireworks and chocolate covered strawberries were in my honor! :lmao:

Not a bad way to spend a bday! I'd love to have it on MNSSHP! Extra candy? Don't mind if I do!

Do you guys have different ideas on what to do at night while you are there if the parks close a little earlier than the summer months?

We are looking forward to watching some outdoor movies at our hotel in the evenings. My youngest DS wants to go make smores with Chip and Dale at Ft. Wilderness too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter