It's Official!

Duckyiam71

DIS Veteran
We have known for 6 months my husband was deploying. Well they sent the advance party out today and the rest of the unit leaves soon. We have been preparing for this but it is still a hard pill to swallow. My DH will be gone a year.:sad1:

:hug:

Mine just left yesterday after being home for his 2 week R&R. He has another 4 1/2 months left. Him leaving this time was much easier than that day back in early June, but this has not been easy.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and him and your entire family!

Is this your first deployment? Do you have everything you need to get through this? You can get through this. Us army wives are made of tuff stuff.

Get it started to get it done. Make sure you have some goals to accomplish during this time apart. Do you have plans for the extra money? Maybe ya'll can plan a vacation together while he is away or look for furniture or whatever makes ya'll happy.

I understand completely what you are going through. Have some sort of plan to get through this.

PS. Please take out the date he is leaving. That's a big saftey thing. Not everyone on the internet is a nice person. Make sure you don't have those kinds of dates on your facebook or twitter or whatever. Don't list where he is at or the camp he is staying. I'm not trying to insult you. I teach alot of OPSEC classes and we talk about these things for your saftey not just your husbands.

I'm sorry to hear he's leaving soon. My husband heads out again quite soon as well, and I am dreading the goodbyes.

Like Tina said, try and make sure have goals and stay as busy as possible (and please take that date out of your OP :)). I'm planning to run a half marathon the month before he gets back, and I am so excited about that. We didn't travel during pre-deployment leave, so we're going to try and do a big trip when he comes home as well, so we have something to look forward to during the deployment.

Enjoy the last few days with him and get as many hugs as you can!

I am sorry he is deploying :( My hubby is in training now and will leave very shortly. We have set some goals as well so he has something to look forward too. One being a trip to disney world FINALLY, and a newer vehicle. We still talk every day (except for a 5 day period) and hopefully that will continue when he goes but I don't know. He has his computer and we both have Skype too.

Thanks everybody. This is not my first deployment. This one is different because we now how long. The last few we did not know how long but I guess it is the knowing part of it. The extra money is going into the STD account where you get 10% interest. Then we he comes home we are going to take our first cruise. Something totally different for us. Seriously looking at the Disney Mediterrean cruise. I am planning on getting some of the odd jobs he has yet to finish done. I know I can survive because WE military wives are strong. And I have support coming from all directions. Thanks everybody and my prayers go out to your families as well.:grouphug:

Duckyiam71- you are in my prayers, this may not be your first deployment but it is being apart from your DH. I wish you a fast year.

That is what we are doing with our extra income as well... it is 10% up to the first $10K I believe. SO that is something to look forward to. We (well, I am) are planning to go to Disney in Nov again... maybe?? LOL!

Sending you prayers and hugs from MD :hug:. I'm a proud Army Mom and our DS is deployed also. We recently enjoyed visiting him and family while he was on leave. We try to help and support DDIL and grands as much as possible during deployment, needless to say 4 kiddies keep her very busy. :goodvibes

It's good you are planning projects to help pass the time and will have a trip to look forward to when he returns. God bless you, your DH, we thank you and all our military families for your many sacrifices. :flower3:

Sorry to hear that your DH is deploying, my DH is 9 weeks from the end of his 365 deployment.

We set benchmarks for the deployment, the first was R&R then we began a countdown calendar in Months, now we are down to weeks...soon days :) I will say as hard as it has been, technically we have lived apart for 2yrs because DD and I ERD from Okinawa to help his Mom, I have kept myself busy and DD has handled it very well.

:grouphug: hugs

time pass by so fast, don't worry he'll be back in no time
and yep goals will be perfect to keep you busy, get everything done

we are all praying for you and your husbands safety

Best wishes to you and your husband. My husband deploys shortly as well. Have done this a couple times before but it does not get easier. Dates have changed a number of times but are pretty solid at this point I think. Keep busy, and don't listen to news channels. That is key for me. Had a girl at work bring a new story to my attention on hubby's last deployment and she felt awful when I told her I do not read the paper or watch news channels while husband is deployed. The story ended up being related to my husbands unit although he was not directly involved. The news is depressing and nerve racking so I avoid it while he is gone. Your FRG folks will prove to be wonderful support folks for you and if you have family support that is always helpful as well. The key is to keep yourself busy and your mind active with an ongoing positive outlook. Start a new hobby and be sure you have people you can call and talk to when you need to. I find other wives to be key in this because they are in the same boat as I am with many of the same feelings. Family can be wonderful and supportive but cannot possibly relate to what it is like to actually be in your shoes. You will do great.

Well it has been about a month since my DH deployed. I had no idea of the resources available to deployed families. Like a few of the posters have suggested, I have become active in our FRG. I joined Hearts Apart...series of of "classes" you can do for free while spouse is deployed. Taking scrapbooking, self defense and cpr and a walking club. Trying to stay busy to make it easier. Thanks for all your support. I really appreciate it.

To all of you: Mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, wives, husbands, and friends...
My prayers are with each and everyone of you. As a 23 year Air Force brat,
I know what you are going through... It takes a very strong person to serve their country in this way, but remember, it takes even stronger people to love and support them. May time pass swiftly and may you all have a happily ever after!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter