It's the final countdown.... Or final poll rather. POLL IS CLOSED!

Pick which dates you want for the 4th annual Girls-only trip?

• March 31 - April 4

• April 14 - 18

• No preference, just tell me when to go and I'm there!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Maybe we can take a vote on who should take over? :confused3

:rolleyes1

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

Thanks AmySue. Tomorrow things will be better.

Not going to work Bethie-Bug

We will just vote for you.

Oh wait....didn't we have that mysterious guy show up a couple times awhile back. QueendoOver really seemed taken with him and was ever so chatty with the fellow. I think I could be sweet talked into voting for him, I mean, the guy has chicken bones and everything.

Nah, he doesn't fit the criteria...dang...it will have to be you Beth. Sorry.

Night nighty, sleepy tighty.

amyGoshIAmEverSoPushyOkraSue

Random thought from Quote Girl:

" A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away."

- Arabian Proverb

Peace, Love and Happiness:hippie:

Golly, looks like it was a good thing I was otherwise absorbed last night. lol

I voted, before I read of course, and would like to humbly request that whomever is managing the tally add one vote for the April dates for my DD (19) who will undoubtedly want to tag along should the April dates win.

Oh and I want to mention that not all schools do spring break around Easter. Ours has nothing to do with Easter time. It's always in March because we get out of school in May and it's a break midway through the semester. :thumbsup2

Beth I love ya and I'm sorry that it has come to this.

I just wanted to point out that when I looked at the room rates yesterday it started out next week and went all the way through April. So the logic I was using was that if Easter THIS year is the first week of April and they are jacking up the rates almost a month BEFORE and AFTER the holiday. I don't think it is necessarily JUST for the weeks before and after the holiday but as someone pointed out pretty much for all of March and April because Disney probably pretty much figures that a lot of different states have breaks at different times. As WV just pointed out a lot of colleges don't tie their breaks to the holiday but rather to when school gets out etc.

I realize that easter is later next year but I am just figuring that since our trip dates are ALSO later that chances are the rates will be higher as well.

I remember Capri doing all that work to post all the different spring breaks for the major districts and they were all over the board and so that is what I based my info on. Not just on this years. I was just using that as a guide.

And I remember Stef saying she needed to know as soon as possible and a few DVC people saying they wanted to know early as well to book for next year so I totally see why the so called rush.

Again my only thinking was that if we were GOING to go during a high time and esp during a blockout time why not get the extra benefit of F&W but if NOT then why not go back to an earlier time in march or even feb when it would be cheaper. That was my only thinking.

I realize that the timing is good for some people on this march date but other than that I didn't see what the other draw was. It seems like it will be a higher season and we still have a blockout date. That was the only thing I was trying to point out when figuring out why and when to go. So I know for me I am not just basing my decision on hotel prices but also possible airfare, blockout dates, park crowdedness etc.

And I know for us we can't stay at the hojo because my mom has bad knees and can't walk that far. She always wants to stay as close to the park as possible so even if they DO manage to get a discounted rate we won't be staying there so for my own reasons I am looking at the other hotels in the area.

Anyway again that was just how I personally was trying to figure out the best dates but I wanted to reiterate that I wasn't just using hotel prices to figure on a date but all the different scenarios. And I hope that this doesn't tear our group apart or lead to hard feelings.

I like everyone here and I hope we can all get along!!

Oh wait....didn't we have that mysterious guy show up a couple times awhile back. QueendoOver really seemed taken with him and was ever so chatty with the fellow. I think I could be sweet talked into voting for him, I mean, the guy has chicken bones and everything.

Nah, he doesn't fit the criteria...dang...it will have to be you Beth. Sorry.

Night nighty, sleepy tighty.

amyGoshIAmEverSoPushyOkraSue

Nope, he didn't fit the criteria. He has chicken bones.

Beth I love ya and I'm sorry that it has come to this.

I just wanted to point out that when I looked at the room rates yesterday it started out next week and went all the way through April. So the logic I was using was that if Easter THIS year is the first week of April and they are jacking up the rates almost a month BEFORE and AFTER the holiday. I don't think it is necessarily JUST for the weeks before and after the holiday but as someone pointed out pretty much for all of March and April because Disney probably pretty much figures that a lot of different states have breaks at different times. As WV just pointed out a lot of colleges don't tie their breaks to the holiday but rather to when school gets out etc.

I realize that easter is later next year but I am just figuring that since our trip dates are ALSO later that chances are the rates will be higher as well.

I remember Capri doing all that work to post all the different spring breaks for the major districts and they were all over the board and so that is what I based my info on. Not just on this years. I was just using that as a guide.

And I remember Stef saying she needed to know as soon as possible and a few DVC people saying they wanted to know early as well to book for next year so I totally see why the so called rush.

Again my only thinking was that if we were GOING to go during a high time and esp during a blockout time why not get the extra benefit of F&W but if NOT then why not go back to an earlier time in march or even feb when it would be cheaper. That was my only thinking.

I realize that the timing is good for some people on this march date but other than that I didn't see what the other draw was. It seems like it will be a higher season and we still have a blockout date. That was the only thing I was trying to point out when figuring out why and when to go. So I know for me I am not just basing my decision on hotel prices but also possible airfare, blockout dates, park crowdedness etc.

And I know for us we can't stay at the hojo because my mom has bad knees and can't walk that far. She always wants to stay as close to the park as possible so even if they DO manage to get a discounted rate we won't be staying there so for my own reasons I am looking at the other hotels in the area.

Anyway again that was just how I personally was trying to figure out the best dates but I wanted to reiterate that I wasn't just using hotel prices to figure on a date but all the different scenarios. And I hope that this doesn't tear our group apart or lead to hard feelings.

I like everyone here and I hope we can all get along!!

Ditto!!

I'm voting for the later dates because:

1. I want Marcie to be able to finally come on one of our trips.
2. I will most likely be done with my student teaching by then.
3. It's going to be crowded on either set of dates anyway, so I may as well enjoy some Food and Wine options.

But here's something to mull over so this isn't so stressful for Beth and the rest of us every year......maybe we should just pick a certain week of a certain month and stick with it for every ladies trip so there is no more debating and annual voting necessary. I mean, we all know that Thanksgiving falls on the last Thursday of November every year no matter what. We could set up something similar for the ladies trip.

For example, we could say that the ladies trip takes place during the first weekend of March every year (to start the Thursday before and end the Tuesday after).....and that would be that. Of course I'm sure whatever week chosen for the annual ladies trip to take place every year would take a vote, but you get what I'm saying. :upsidedow

(This is what we do for our annual family get together every summer up at the lake.....it's always the first week of August. Makes it simpler for everyone to plan.)

Anyway, just thought I would throw that idea on the table in my medicine head stupor. :sick:

Setting a particular time frame for an annual trip is a pretty good idea. Nice!

I am still trying to figure out when I want to go. I am afraid that the earlier dates would actually be my kiddos spring break......looking at past years. Not sure if I want to head out of town at the end of their spring break. I am really pissed that we don't have a school calendar for next year! I am thinking about going to the school board meeting tonight and having my say about that. I really can't plan a whole lot until I verify dates for the kiddos.

3. It's going to be crowded on either set of dates anyway, so I may as well enjoy some Food and Wine options.

But here's something to mull over so this isn't so stressful for Beth and the rest of us every year......maybe we should just pick a certain week of a certain month and stick with it for every ladies trip so there is no more debating and annual voting necessary. I mean, we all know that Thanksgiving falls on the last Thursday of November every year no matter what. We could set up something similar for the ladies trip.

For example, we could say that the ladies trip takes place during the first weekend of March every year (to start the Thursday before and end the Tuesday after).....and that would be that. Of course I'm sure whatever week chosen for the annual ladies trip to take place every year would take a vote, but you get what I'm saying. :upsidedow

(This is what we do for our annual family get together every summer up at the lake.....it's always the first week of August. Makes it simpler for everyone to plan.)

Anyway, just thought I would throw that idea on the table in my medicine head stupor. :sick:

Awwwww that was just sweet! I needed that today, just not having a good day. :grouphug:

I agree that is a good idea.

I like that idea too Marcie! I can finally meet you!! Since lord only knows when I am ever going to make it to Vegas :(

Brilliant idea!!! :thumbsup2

......maybe we should just pick a certain week of a certain month and stick with it for every ladies trip so there is no more debating and annual voting necessary. I mean, we all know that Thanksgiving falls on the last Thursday of November every year no matter what. We could set up something similar for the ladies trip.

I could go for that. :)
Does this mean you are volunteering to set up that vote for which weeks?? :rolleyes1

;) lol

By the way, glad to see you posting and to hear you are starting to feel human again. :hug:

Great idea, Capri! This years dates seemed to work out well.

I like the idea of setting a consistent timeframe in theory, but given how many of our lives revolve around school calendars and the ever floating Easter holidays/spring break schedule I am not sure that it's really practical in theory.

This year worked for me because of when Easter fell, but I had to do some major juggling to make it all work out (as did many other Divas).

If we go with the mid April dates I absolutely will not be able to attend as we have 2 programs each year that are all hands on deck, every staff member must be there from start to finish kinds of events--one at the end of August and one in April. Unfortunately, the date has already been set to be 16th. Even with a year's notice, I would not be able to get out of working that Saturday, and with the distance between Vegas and Anaheim, there is no point in coming for just Thursday & Friday or Sunday & Monday.

I'm good with set dates each year. End of Feb or early March I think is good. It just will never be very warm during that time of year.

I'm good with set dates each year. End of Feb or early March I think is good. It just will never be very warm during that time of year.

Hey, that's a good thing :thumbsup2 I always say if you're cold, you can put on a sweater but if you get too hot, it's best not to be walking around nekkid :scared1:......... at least not at Disneyland ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter