I've seen the GFV from both sides now!

hcortesis

DIS Veteran
Stayed in a lake view room last month and enjoyed the view. We are in a standard view room now and I have to say, it's pretty nice on this side also.

We have a view of the water feature, the beach, the GF hotel, palm trees, monorail and parts of the two pools. And the sound from the water feature is quite nice also.

We cannot see the sunrise or sunset from this side however. But overall, quite enjoyable.

Just switched from a lake view to standard view to save on points. Did mainly because I was told lake still didn't have a view of the water parade and my boys would have liked that.

Is a lake view worth the extra points?

whoever told you this is mistaken, There may be some that do not but the entire wing I was in that faced the water had a perfect view of the water pagent.

Just switched from a lake view to standard view to save on points. Did mainly because I was told lake still didn't have a view of the water parade and my boys would have liked that.

Is a lake view worth the extra points?

We are staying in a standard room in feb. Can't wait to hear about room selection advice!!!

Window for room requests just opened--for best view, would you recommend upper floor? Only request choices online are Upper floor, Lower Floor, Ground Floor, Near Lobby

Window for room requests just opened--for best view, would you recommend upper floor? Only request choices online are Upper floor, Lower Floor, Ground Floor, Near Lobby

We have been on the lake view side and standard view side. We had a high floor on both sides and that is what I would prefer again during our next visit.

We have been on the lake view side and standard view side. We had a high floor on both sides and that is what I would prefer again during our next visit.

Thank you! Will do :)

OMG so excited :) I almost can't wait for CHRISTMAS to pass because we will be closer to our WDW trip. Talk about messed up priorities!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter