Jack Skellington - New Pictures added!

Mel522

DIS Veteran
I'm making a Jack to put in my yard for Halloween. He's made out of PVC pipe and Styrofoam. I still have a long way to go, but I'm hoping he'll be done in time.

His jacket
IMG_0396-1.jpg

His hands
IMG_0397-1.jpg

His head. I'm not 100% happy with it, but I think it will do for now. I do plan on make more heads with different expressions so I can change his mood.
IMG_0403-1.jpg

I think his hands might be too large. Here's his head in his hand, any opinions?
IMG_0407.jpg

This is so cool! I think the hands are fine! Please post pictures of the other expressions when they are finished!

I think the hands are fine too. It will be easier to see them in the dark.

VickiV

He's not done yet, but he's getting close :cool1:

Here's the parts I have done put together. I still need to alter the body some, secure the arms better, and make is bow tie and shoes. I would also like to redo the head, but that can wait. He's laying down my stairs cuz I hadn't glued his legs on when I took the shot so he wouldn't stand on his own. Plus he's really tall.

IMG_1447-1.jpg

IMG_1449-1.jpg

I decided the problem with the hands was the bones were too wide. I sanded them down, and finished them up. They are now ready to go.

IMG_1455.jpg
IMG_1452.jpg

Wow! That's cool! He is huge! Is he for your front yard? Did you build him out of plumbing pipe?

Wow! That's cool! He is huge! Is he for your front yard? Did you build him out of plumbing pipe?

He will make a supervised appearance in our front yard (I don't trust the neighbors :rotfl: ) He is over 8 feet tall. I'll do a final measurement when he's done. I built him out of PVC pipe, and lots of Styrofoam. PVC pipe is the base structure. I then glued Styrofoam around the pipe to form the body. The head and hands are also Styrofoam.

He will make a supervised appearance in our front yard (I don't trust the neighbors :rotfl: ) He is over 8 feet tall. I'll do a final measurement when he's done. I built him out of PVC pipe, and lots of Styrofoam. PVC pipe is the base structure. I then glued Styrofoam around the pipe to form the body. The head and hands are also Styrofoam.

Well, aren't you crafty! You will have to take a final picture of him up in the yard.

That's awesome he looks really good! How did you make his head? Were you planning on doing any other characters?

That's awesome he looks really good! How did you make his head? Were you planning on doing any other characters?

For his head I bought a 10" Styrofoam ball and just started carving. I used a product called Foam Putty made by Woodland Scenics to cover the Styrofoam and give it an even surface instead of all the holes.

I plan on doing other characters. I'm almost finished with Jack now :cool1: so I'm hoping I can have time to get Zero done this year. Next year I'll be doing Sally, then the Mayor, and then Lock, Stock and Barrel. I hope to add a character every year, and maybe some props. I have an idea of how to do Pumpkin Hill, so maybe that will show up one year too.

You should be very proud of yourself :thumbsup2 You are very talented. You could make a lot of money selling these.

You built that? How awesome! He looks similar to the one we paid several hundred dollars for (and he can't go outside either)

Oops - giant pic! ummm...not sure how to resize....

a3cbns.jpg

^ that's pretty cool

Here are some pictures. I will post him all finished and in the yard tonight. This first one is his first day in the yard. I hadn't finished painting the tie yet, but I figured he was still good enough for the day.

F0D15684-DB28-4FFD-AE0A-44BC422B2D74-1947-000000EF488BF0FA.jpg

This one is of his tie completely painted, but he's not standing, just sitting on my couch. :)

73E2140F-AF93-454D-A737-289BCDE5A63B-1947-000000EF3C44BBB7.jpg

Halloween Night

DSC_5065-Version2b.jpg

DSC_5058-Version2b.jpg

Very Cool. My wife made my DS3 his Jack outfit for halloween. The jacket, pants, and tie. We just painted his face and bought skeleton gloves.
Your Jack head is awesome. Can't wait to see more characters....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter