Jambo GV vs Kidani GV - best kitchen?

wrighter

DIS Veteran
We are considering a mini-family reunion at WDW next year over Thanksgiving week. We own at AKV, and figure the 11 month window there is our best shot at a Grand Villa. (I think we'd all prefer a GV at OKW, but at the 7 month mark I know there's only a slim chance of getting that.) I have been googling pictures of each building's grand villas, and there is definite overlap. I'm having trouble telling which one is which.

We will be a group of ten. My family of four, my sister's family of four, and our parents. We were considering getting a 2 bd and a studio, but if we're doing a traditional Thanksgiving meal we'd like the biggest kitchen we can summon and the most seating we can summon. The table seating in any 2 bd is lacking.

I think Kidani has a nice long bar in the kitchen that sits four, but also has the round table with seating for 8. Jambo has what appears to be a smaller kitchen, but the long rectangular table that would be easier to sit 10 at if we jammed a couple extra chairs there.

Am I seeing these pics correctly? Is the kitchen at Jambo pretty small?

Thoughts?

I haven't been in the Kidani GV but this is a picture of a Jambo GV kitchen just so you know for certain what it's like. It actually was the least impressive thing about the GV but certainly adequate. There was the bar and stools for 3 or 4 and the long table was excellent. There also are the 3 large balconies - one that is right off the dining area and is an option for additional seating.

p135818471-4.jpg

p112611699-4.jpg

p466325498-4.jpg

p112970336-5.jpg

p285079303-4.jpg

Thank you, KAT4DISNEY, for the pics. Now I know for sure which one is which! Your pic makes the kitchen look bigger than I thought, so maybe we wouldn't be in as bad of shape as I thought. That's assuming we could get a Jambo GV for Thanksgiving, which I imagine would be tricky. I really like that long table at Jambo - I can imagine a nice Thanksgiving meal there.

Won't get my hopes up, but a girl can dream. :-) Thanks again!

Thanks for these Kidani pics, too! It seems like there's more counter space in the Kidani kitchen, but that puny round table is ridiculous! A Grand Villa is supposed to sleep 12 - you'd think they could offer a bit bigger of a table. I wonder if we could bring the balcony tables and chairs inside and "add" to it?

It will be interesting to see what's what come that 11 month mark if we decide to go this route. I'll find the silver lining in either. :-)

Thank you, KAT4DISNEY, for the pics. Now I know for sure which one is which! Your pic makes the kitchen look bigger than I thought, so maybe we wouldn't be in as bad of shape as I thought. That's assuming we could get a Jambo GV for Thanksgiving, which I imagine would be tricky. I really like that long table at Jambo - I can imagine a nice Thanksgiving meal there.

Won't get my hopes up, but a girl can dream. :-) Thanks again!

Your Welcome! The kitchen is larger than one in a 2 Bedroom - it's just that in comparison to the oversizing of everything else in the GV that it seems small. :laughing: Although the sink was small. In looking at the pics from the Kidani kitchen - I'd guess the one at Jambo has more room and counter space.

Good luck with your reservation!

A Grand Villa is supposed to sleep 12 - you'd think they could offer a bit bigger of a table.

Agreed! :thumbsup2

AND just another FYI, we own AKV and tried to get Jambo GV at 11 months out for Thanksgiving. As you can see we ended up with Kidani. You might consider walking this reservation if you are trying for Jambo. We actually were very happy with Kidani. Over all I think Kidani has better savannah views, but that's just my opinion. We loved that we had the loft that people could go to and a separate entrance on the second floor.m As for eating, some of us sat at the table and some at the kitchen stools. We never sat down together for a "meal" so it wasn't a big deal.

Edited to add: We also were very happy to be the first bus stop to the parks during a busy time.

Agreed! :thumbsup2

AND just another FYI, we own AKV and tried to get Jambo GV at 11 months out for Thanksgiving. As you can see we ended up with Kidani. You might consider walking this reservation if you are trying for Jambo. We actually were very happy with Kidani. Over all I think Kidani has better savannah views, but that's just my opinion. We loved that we had the loft that people could go to and a separate entrance on the second floor.m As for eating, some of us sat at the table and some at the kitchen stools. We never sat down together for a "meal" so it wasn't a big deal.

Edited to add: We also were very happy to be the first bus stop to the parks during a busy time.

I do like the Kidani bus stop - first on, first off, etc. But the Magical Express trip from MCO was torture. So many stops! We felt like we were in Siberia by the time we got there! Lol!

Out of curiosity, when you were trying to book Jambo - were you going there for a few days prior to Thanksgiving? I'm not a fan of "walking" ressies - only because I'm lazy and find it to be tedious. But if I thought it would make a difference I might consider it. (As I said, I'm good with either location, would just prefer the Jambo table.) If we go, we'd likely arrive the Saturday or Sunday before Thanksgiving. Do you think I'd need to "walk" it from an earlier date?

Out of curiosity, when you were trying to book Jambo - were you going there for a few days prior to Thanksgiving? I'm not a fan of "walking" ressies - only because I'm lazy and find it to be tedious. But if I thought it would make a difference I might consider it. (As I said, I'm good with either location, would just prefer the Jambo table.) If we go, we'd likely arrive the Saturday or Sunday before Thanksgiving. Do you think I'd need to "walk" it from an earlier date?

It was for Thanksgiving and the week after. I should have walked it, but I really wasn't overly concerned whether I got Kidani or Jambo. I was hoping for Jambo, but Kidani was ok with me as well. Like you, I just didn't want to go through the process of walking the reservation. For your time frame, I just don't know if you need to walk it or not. I would say no, but I'd hate to have you loose it if that is what you are really hoping for.

We are considering a mini-family reunion at WDW next year over Thanksgiving week. We own at AKV, and figure the 11 month window there is our best shot at a Grand Villa. (I think we'd all prefer a GV at OKW, but at the 7 month mark I know there's only a slim chance of getting that.) I have been googling pictures of each building's grand villas, and there is definite overlap. I'm having trouble telling which one is which.

We will be a group of ten. My family of four, my sister's family of four, and our parents. We were considering getting a 2 bd and a studio, but if we're doing a traditional Thanksgiving meal we'd like the biggest kitchen we can summon and the most seating we can summon. The table seating in any 2 bd is lacking.

I think Kidani has a nice long bar in the kitchen that sits four, but also has the round table with seating for 8. Jambo has what appears to be a smaller kitchen, but the long rectangular table that would be easier to sit 10 at if we jammed a couple extra chairs there.

Am I seeing these pics correctly? Is the kitchen at Jambo pretty small?

Thoughts?

I would try for Jambo GV it's all 0ne floor with really big balconies. Balconies at Kidani are narrow. Not sure if all GV at Kidani are 2 floors.
Also at Jambo you have a pool table room. We had 9 people with plenty of room. I would not have book GV at Kidani if I didn't get Jambo. This was in OCT last year for 2 nts then off to BWV for 4 nts.
If you want Jambo ,walk it .

I would not have book GV at Kidani if I didn't get Jambo.

This is absolutely everyone's own opinion, but there are good things about Kidani, so I personally wouldn't rule it out. For Thanksgiving week, at the seven month mark you probably won't have much luck getting a GV other than SSR. You can definitely make lemonade out of lemons if you don't get Jambo. First bus stop and a very nice kid's pool play area are nice to have. You can get stuck with a not so nice view at Jambo. From reports here on the DIS, there is one or two that are lacking in the savannah view. The GV's at Kidani are still very nice but I do agree with paults, if you really want it, walk it.

I have not stayed in a Kidani GV, but we did stay in a Jambo one. It was WONDERUL!!! We had 8 people and with two friends with two children visiting often staying in a nearby studio. We had plenty of room and got a lot of use out of the pool table, dining table, and kitchen. The kitchen fit at least 5 of us at a time in the morning working around each other trying to get coffee or breakfast. Our villa was one of the two closest to the lobby. Again I haven't stayed in one at Kidani, but given the choice I'd choose Jambo again just for the pool table and balconies. I think the master bath might be set up differently in both rooms also.

My guess is that you don't need to walk the Jambo GV since you are checking in the Sunday before Thanksgiving - but just a guess.

This is absolutely everyone's own opinion, but there are good things about Kidani, so I personally wouldn't rule it out. For Thanksgiving week, at the seven month mark you probably won't have much luck getting a GV other than SSR. You can definitely make lemonade out of lemons if you don't get Jambo. First bus stop and a very nice kid's pool play area are nice to have. You can get stuck with a not so nice view at Jambo. From reports here on the DIS, there is one or two that are lacking in the savannah view. The GV's at Kidani are still very nice but I do agree with paults, if you really want it, walk it.

I didn't say I wouldn't stay at Kidani, just that I wouldn't book a GV IMO. We stayed at Kidani before and had a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter