Jambo House value studio ?

tinkfan

DIS Veteran
Just booked a value studio for the last night of our trip in Sept. I have stayed in both standard and savanna view studios, but not value. Wondering if the only difference in the value studio is the size? We will be moving down from the concierge floor so don't plan on being in the room much as we will still have lounge access. We have been on the waitlist for that night for a while now and thought it was time to book a back up. Hope we get the waitlist magic, but happy to grab this for only 9 points! If we weren't already doing a split stay moving from the Boardwalk I would just cancel the waitlist and save the points, but don't really want to move a 2nd time especially for just one night.

The day after posting this question, my waitlist actually came through! Could not believe it. Magic does happen!

You'll be fine...We stayed in a value studio w/ the 4 of us....We generally are not in the room as well. Had a nice pool view too on the 5th floor. Added bonus was this:
We were the 2nd room from the elevator area that takes you down to either the exit for the buses, or down to the ground floor for quick n easy pool access....

We stayed in a value studio with me, my mom and dd then 5. It was fine and the location was great - nice pool view plus close to elevators and all.

Value rooms don't have a view category - are they a mix of savanna, pool, and standard?

Thanks.

Yup, I was looking at the map, but I can't tell how to identify the Values from the labels. (colors differentiate lock-off studios from dedicated, but that's it, I think.)

Are all of the Studios on Ostrich and Giraffe Values? (Edit - using the DVCNews room finder, it looks like this is the case - there are not very many of them, are there?)

And I've read that Values are very popular and need to be booked close to 11 months. True, even in slow seasons?

Yup, I was looking at the map, but I can't tell how to identify the Values from the labels. (colors differentiate lock-off studios from dedicated, but that's it, I think.)

Are all of the Studios on Ostrich and Giraffe Values?

And I've read that Values are very popular and need to be booked close to 11 months. True, even in slow seasons?

All DVC Rooms along the Ostrich & Giraffe Trails are in the Value Category. There are 4 colors codes on that map and for the Values they denote 1-bedroom, dedicate studio and lock-off studio.

All of the white spaces are hotel rooms that were not taken over by DVC.

Besides being about 3 feet shorter than the regular DVC studios. Most of the value studios do not have a closet. You use the armoire to hang your clothes. Since it's only 1 floor below the Club Level you'll still have easy access to the club level lounge.

Are all of the Studios on Ostrich and Giraffe Values? (Edit - using the DVCNews room finder, it looks like this is the case - there are not very many of them, are there?)

i think there are 10 value lockoff 2BRs and about 8 dedicated value studios. that means there might be as many as 18 value studios or as few as 8 (usually in the middle.)

but no, not very many and the savings makes them popular.

due to size, i would only recommend them for couples or maybe 3 including a small child. (but some have squeezed in a family of 4).

i've stayed in value studios twice: got a savanna view once and a parking lot view once.

due to size, i would only recommend them for couples or maybe 3 including a small child. (but some have squeezed in a family of 4).

If they're 316 ft^2, that makes them about equal to a room at Port Orleans or Coronado Springs - though furnished differently.

My gut says two adults and two younger kids would be all right - but no way if the kids are teens.

The other thing I've noticed, at least in the value studios I've been in, is that the bed and sofa placement are reversed from regular studios-in other words, the bed is closest to the balcony, and the sofa is closer to the kitchenette. For most people it doesn't matter, but for very light sleepers, it might. One time when we had a pool view, there was alot of frivolity going on in the pool late at night and it was a little noticeable to DH. Now, me, I just slept and said "What noise?" in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter