Jambo or Kindani

srlugo67

Earning My Ears
We will be traveling in November and cannot decide on Jambo or Kindani. I've read so much about each that my head is spinning!
1 bdr w/ Savannah View. 4 Adults and a 2 yr old. 24yr old and 2 yr old are obsessed with animals.
2 bathrooms are important as is pool play area for baby. what's the good and bad of both?

We will be traveling in November and cannot decide on Jambo or Kindani. I've read so much about each that my head is spinning!
1 bdr w/ Savannah View. 4 Adults and a 2 yr old. 24yr old and 2 yr old are obsessed with animals.
2 bathrooms are important as is pool play area for baby. what's the good and bad of both?
Kidani 1BR has 2 full baths. Jambo 1BR villas only have 1 bathroom.

If you are driving, parking at kidani is easier (can park closer to your rooms elevators).

if NOT driving and you get stuck at the end its a veeeerrryyy long walk.

I love both......

If 2 bathrooms are priority then Kidani is your choice. Unless you can do 2 studios at Jambo (which would be more points in Nov, I think). Have stayed in both locations, pool and dining is better at Jambo. Parking and having second bathroom better at Kidani.

Don’t anything about DVC rooms, but Jambo has a huge lobby, 2 TS, 1 QS, 1 lounge plus a pool bar. A nice gift shop, Zero entry pool with slide (but you can pool hop between Kidani and Jambo), kiddie playground.

You really can't go wrong with either, but I love Kidani's lobby. There's just something really cozy about it and it tends to be less busy (at least when we've been there) than Jambo. Also the kid pool play area is FANTASTIC and I'm sad it will be closed while we're there.

Dining and shopping are better at Jambo, but Jambo is less than a 10 minute walk from Kidani. I would choose Kidani to get the extra bathroom, then walk (or take a shuttle bus) to Jambo as desired.

We love the 1 bedrooms at Kidanni! The 2 bathrooms are a big deal. We drive and like the underground parking at Kidanni as well. There's a shuttle between the two resorts so AKL is pretty easy to get to.

Given your party, I'd definitely go with Kidani (although I've never stayed at Jambo, so take that with a grain of salt). You get an extra bathroom, and Kidani has a kids splash area. Jambo has more food options, but it's only a short walk away.

I will say, if you stay at Kidani, make sure to request a room close to the lobby, ideally on the 2nd floor (better view of the animals). We had a last minute split stay, where we put in a room request too late, and it was a hike to get to the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter