Jambo request

Mynamewastaken

DIS Veteran
We are booking a studio savannah view for Feb. From reading and researching we want to stay at Jambo. What view should I request if I can do so? With 2 kids think I should also request near elevator or no?

My vote would be close to lobby.... Those halls could get very long..... 3rd floor is actually the main floor so if you get that you basically wouldn't need elevator.

HTH

We are booking a studio savannah view for Feb. From reading and researching we want to stay at Jambo. What view should I request if I can do so? With 2 kids think I should also request near elevator or no?

The owner needs to add the view request to the reservation when they book it.

:earsboy: Bill

All Jambo DVC savanna view studios are only on floor 5 (club is on floor 6)

There are many elevator banks along the hallways in Jambo. Near an elevator can still mean a long walk (Been there, done that ;). )

There are 3 savannas at Jambo. Arusha is the one you see from the lobby, cash guests pay more for the popular Arusha view
Sunset is shared between Jambo and Kidani
Uzima is the smallest Jambo savanna, and is on the sunrise side.

For animal viewing, you might want to consider when you are in your room to watch the animals. All 3 have different, daily "no animal" times when they are getting their daily Vet checkup, and it can be fustratinng to have no animals visible if you don't spend much time on the balcony. They also have feeding schedules, and animals are most active àt feeding.

Actually according to our animal keeper/guide on our Wanyama safari Uzima and Arusha are the same size - although IMO, due to layout Arusha appears larger, plus does not have the 'people pens' which can be seen on Uzima and Sunset. Sunset is larger than Arusha & Uzima by a couple of acres. The elevators leading to Mara (cs) and the pool in Jambo are on Zebra trail side, so if you think you'll be hanging out in those areas (and I like just hanging by the pool, even if not swimming) then Kudu trail is a longer hike.
This map shows the location of the various size villas @ Jambo
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html
I think Ostrich and Giraffe trail villas are all the separate category of value villas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter