Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

If you look 9 posts above your question, grumpy28 confirmed the pool closed on 9/4/18.
Oh thx. So weird I missed a whole page of posts when I was backtracking looking for updated info. Of course, this site always does weird stuff to me on mobile.

Talk to me about watching football at Animal Kingdom. My DH has to watch the Michigan game which is on the Big 10 network. Are there any lounges that might play it for him? We have a back up res at Splitsville, but he’d prefer to find a spot around the resort.

Checked in today, and we LOVE it.

Okay, the studio seems a smaller than others that we have stayed in. But not unbearably so.

Oh, and if you are in a DVC room, now, through Friday, and drink coffee, let me know.

We don't, and have what they gave us. And I'm sure, I will get more on trash and towel day. Just let me know.

We are looking forward to our first stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We will be staying November 18-24 in a club level savanna view room. DH and myself are also bringing my Dad, who is 73 years young on this trip. My Dad loves animals, so we thought this would be perfect for his first trip. Thank for this thread. It has made me even more excited.

Has anyone gotten 'take out' from Sanaa lounge to eat on their balcony? I only have 1 night at Kidani and want to maximize my time watching the animals.
Have not done it personally but have seen others do it while dining in the lounge. I would try to order at an "off time" (probably very early in the dinner service or early or late lunch) as I think you'd have a better chance of them being able to accommodate you.

We are looking forward to our first stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We will be staying November 18-24 in a club level savanna view room. DH and myself are also bringing my Dad, who is 73 years young on this trip. My Dad loves animals, so we thought this would be perfect for his first trip. Thank for this thread. It has made me even more excited.

Looks like you'll be heading in on the day we're heading out. Have a great trip! About 6 years ago we stayed at AKL CL during the same week you'll be staying, and had a great time during Thanksgiving. We even watched the Macy's Day Parade in the lounge! :cloud9:

Talk to me about watching football at Animal Kingdom. My DH has to watch the Michigan game which is on the Big 10 network. Are there any lounges that might play it for him? We have a back up res at Splitsville, but he’d prefer to find a spot around the resort.
The only place I can recall that would play the game would be at the Jambo pool bar. It is closed though until Dec. 4th. The lounge off the lobby is a nice quiet area and I don't recall a TV there. Try the Kidani pool bar if you are staying this year.

Last edited:
So, what's going on with room renovations this fall? From previous posts, my understanding is they usually start "top down" (higher floors, club level first), and this reno is supposed to start in October. We are staying CL at the end of October, so I'm wondering how this might affect us, and (of course), if there's any chance of getting a renovated room. Also, do all the rooms now have the upgraded flatscreen TVs?

It's funny, the only two resorts w/CL availability for our dates this fall are AKL and WL. I don't think it's a coincidence that those are the two resorts with room renovations beginning in the fall.

Anyone care to comment on use of the Kidani Pool and whether it has been crowded or not?:scratchin
Thanks!:goodvibes

I can only speak to last Wednesday afternoon. It was not packed. We got two chairs in the shade without issue. Weather was hot and no rain. Slide was not too bad. Maybe 8-9 kids playing the pool game. Poly was slightly busier today than that.

Jambo pool construction seemed to just start this morning. I didn’t pay much attention but I think they were jackhammering the stairs at the far end of the pool.

Hi everyone! First time having a rental car next week and need to drive to Jambo around dinner time and park.

Does anyone know what it costs to park there for maybe an hour?
We won't be staying there until the next night, we have to stay at another resort for our first night at WDW.
Thank you!

Jambo pool construction seemed to just start this morning. I didn’t pay much attention but I think they were jackhammering the stairs at the far end of the pool.
Thanks for the update. Drat, I predicted they were making it into yet another of those ‘zero entry’ pools which I’m personally not a fan of!:mad:
Wonder if they’ve torn out the landscaping and whether you can still go out beyond the pool to the Uzima overlook. That was one of my favorite places to hang out.

Hi everyone! First time having a rental car next week and need to drive to Jambo around dinner time and park.

Does anyone know what it costs to park there for maybe an hour?
We won't be staying there until the next night, we have to stay at another resort for our first night at WDW.
Thank you!
You only pay for overnight parking. If you are dining or shopping at the resort it is free, but they normally have a 3 hour limit.

I can only speak to last Wednesday afternoon. It was not packed. We got two chairs in the shade without issue. Weather was hot and no rain. Slide was not too bad. Maybe 8-9 kids playing the pool game. Poly was slightly busier today than that.

THANKS for update..hope that it is the same in October!:cheer2:

We just changed the last two nights of our Thanksgiving week reservation to AKL! We'll be there 11/21-11/23 after 5 nights at Pop. My parents will be there as well, it's their first time at AKL! Soooo excited to be back, and Thanksgiving Day is my birthday also so this will be a really special one! I think we'll just spend the entire day at the resort and then eat at Sanaa for dinner. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter