Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Other than maybe a few extra toiletries and better views, they’re pretty much the same room. The additional benefit is you will have all day access to a lounge that provides beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), food and snacks throughout the day. They also provide concierge services if needed. Enjoy!
Thank you. I may consider doing a split stay of room types then.

but I'm trying to get a handle on transport from AKL to MCO. Do I book a Lyft - Minnie Van? Or is there a less expensive option? We need to leave around 8am for an 11am international flight. Or is that too late and we should leave at 7:30?
For transportation from AKL to MCO, you can book Uber/Lyft that morning when you’re ready to leave. Or you can book with Mears Connect, Sunshine Flyer (both bus services) or with a private limo service. You can get more information about options on the Transportation forum.

However, I think you definitely need to leave earlier than you’re planning. MCO officials recommend that you arrive at MCO about 3 hours before an international flight, meaning you should arrive at MCO around 8 AM. It takes 30-40 minutes to drive from AKL to MCO (as long as no traffic tie ups), so I would plan to leave between 7:00 and 7:15.

What address do you use for Jambo House grocery delivery? The DVC and WDW site both have 2901 Osceola Parkway, but one has Lake Buena Vista, FL and the other has Bay Lake, FL.

Just returned from our first ever stay at AKL - Jambo House, and loved it. Did do a Savannah view, wound up on Ostrich trail, hit or miss til the last night and morning; wow! Giraffe's camped out right in front of us, was awesome! Loved Boma breakfast (anyone have their actual recipe for their coconut oats?). Was surprised there wasn't very much AKL specific merch.

Just returned from our first ever stay at AKL - Jambo House, and loved it. Did do a Savannah view, wound up on Ostrich trail, hit or miss til the last night and morning; wow! Giraffe's camped out right in front of us, was awesome! Loved Boma breakfast (anyone have their actual recipe for their coconut oats?). Was surprised there wasn't very much AKL specific merch.
Hopefully, more of that merchandise returns. We have several really awesome shirts from AKL over the years. It'll give you yet another good reason to return!

Posted elsewhere but will repeat here. I’m at akv this week and they started the bead activities back this week. They are in training this week and had open to guests Tuesday and Wednesday. I don’t see any bead activities today but saw them doing medallion tracing and was told they training different things today. However the bead activities officially come back this Sunday so should be more availble then.

Posted elsewhere but will repeat here. I’m at akv this week and they started the bead activities back this week. They are in training this week and had open to guests Tuesday and Wednesday. I don’t see any bead activities today but saw them doing medallion tracing and was told they training different things today. However the bead activities officially come back this Sunday so should be more availble then.
That's great! I'm glad to hear that stuff is coming back! Have you seen any signs or info about this that you could post? I'd love to see specific times and more details for everything if that's not too much trouble. Thanks!

That's great! I'm glad to hear that stuff is coming back! Have you seen any signs or info about this that you could post? I'd love to see specific times and more details for everything if that's not too much trouble. Thanks!
Nothing posted yet but I expect something will be posted this weekend. I checkout Saturday and will grab pic if posted by then.

Anyone order food at the pool at lunch? I see online menus you need to call it in- is that the case or is it easy and someone comes and takes orders? I thought most deluxes did this now.

Last edited:
Anyone order food at the pool at lunch? I see online menus you need to call it in- is that the case or is it easy and someone comes and takes orders? I thought most deluxes did this now.
I didn’t call an order in, but we did mobile order from The Mara and brought it into the pool area for lunch a couple weeks ago. Was pretty seemless!

We also mobile order The Mara - very simple since it's right by the Jambo pool. I don't recall seeing anyone taking food/drink orders at either AKL pool in recent memory.

Thanks I was looking at the pool bar menu and they referenced hot foods to call the line- I also saw that at boardwalk. Sounds good Mara is right there

How are transportation times from AKL-Kidani to the parks these days? We have a trip planned for November and I know it's bound to be wayyyyyyy different than our last stay in Oct 2020 when there was barely anyone there. We aren't rope drop people and usually don't head to the parks until after 10am, but I'm just curious. Right now we're booked at Poly, and I'm contemplating a switch.

How are transportation times from AKL-Kidani to the parks these days? We have a trip planned for November and I know it's bound to be wayyyyyyy different than our last stay in Oct 2020 when there was barely anyone there. We aren't rope drop people and usually don't head to the parks until after 10am, but I'm just curious. Right now we're booked at Poly, and I'm contemplating a switch.
Later in the morning should not be a problem with the buses, if you're asking about how crowded they are. It's an interesting decision between AKL and Poly. If you can use more room, the 1BR at Kidani is way more comfortable than the studio at Poly! But if you're planning much time at MK (or even EPCOT, with the monorail access), Poly is a nice place to stay. If you're spreading time around the parks, the more peaceful stay at Kidani is also very, very nice. Good luck with your decision - you don't have a bad choice!

Has anyone here done the Simba tie-dye at Kidani? I can’t find much information about it online and I am curious what it looks like.

Later in the morning should not be a problem with the buses, if you're asking about how crowded they are. It's an interesting decision between AKL and Poly. If you can use more room, the 1BR at Kidani is way more comfortable than the studio at Poly! But if you're planning much time at MK (or even EPCOT, with the monorail access), Poly is a nice place to stay. If you're spreading time around the parks, the more peaceful stay at Kidani is also very, very nice. Good luck with your decision - you don't have a bad choice!
We stayed at Poly in Nov 2021 and the monorail access *was* really nice. We were in a deluxe studio at Kidani in 2020, and a 1 bdrm at Poly, and I did miss the bigger fridge and the sink! It's a tough choice, for sure.

Disney has just announced that the cultural representatives have returned to AKL!

Disney has just announced that the cultural representatives have returned to AKL!
I am so happy they’re back! Just rented points to stay at Kidani for a couple of days at the end of our trip and was really hoping they’d be there.

We also mobile order The Mara - very simple since it's right by the Jambo pool. I don't recall seeing anyone taking food/drink orders at either AKL pool in recent memory.
I know in the past you could order food at the bar but it was a hassle for them. People wanted special orders, they could not do it and it caused issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter