Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I've seen news lately about the resort campfires returning. Anyone who's been lately have a snapshot of the resort recreation and activities?

My bf and I decided to splurge for our last day/ night, which is a nonpark day, and booked Kidani Village savannah view studio for the one night since its always been my dream to stay at AKL. is there anything i can special request, view wise or anything else? Want to make the most of it as this is a super exciting first for me!!!!

My bf and I decided to splurge for our last day/ night, which is a nonpark day, and booked Kidani Village savannah view studio for the one night since its always been my dream to stay at AKL. is there anything i can special request, view wise or anything else? Want to make the most of it as this is a super exciting first for me!!!!
I’d request Sunset Savanna view, because the other savanna view - Pembe - is smaller & d/n have giraffes. Maybe near Timon elevator, again to avoid Pembe savanna & to be nearer the lobby since the halls are very long. Personally I’d ask for a lower floor so as to be nearer to eye level w/ the animals. Post #4 in this thread has a map of Kidani w/ the elevators noted. https://www.disboards.com/threads/k...arked.3558443/#lg=_xfUid-1-1621868389&slide=0

We have savanna view at jambo hotel side in October, how far is the walk from furthest savanna room? How does it compare to like pirate rooms from old port royale?

Hi! Staying Jambo with DVC points so. We have Savannah room. Any tips on what area or floor I should request to see animals, esp giraffes!!

thank you!

Hi! Staying Jambo with DVC points so. We have Savannah room. Any tips on what area or floor I should request to see animals, esp giraffes!!

thank you!

DVC at Jambo you will be on the 5th floor unless you’re club level then it will be the 6th. I prefer to be on the Arusha savana, there’s usually always giraffes in the mornings and evenings.

We have savanna view at jambo hotel side in October, how far is the walk from furthest savanna room? How does it compare to like pirate rooms from old port royale?

Not sure how accurate this is, but according to touring plans, the farthest pirate building to the lobby is 10 min, and the farthest Jambo room to the lobby is 5 min.

Curious, what is the African Stampede?
I think it might have been part of the games they do poolside... I vaguely recall hearing the recreation CM remarking things like, “we have lots of zebras!”, but we don’t have children so we try to choose loungers as far as possible from the speaker for the pool activities 😊 The pool bar was a great sound buffer this weekend.

Hopefully someone else knows if I am totally off base!

I think it might have been part of the games they do poolside... I vaguely recall hearing the recreation CM remarking things like, “we have lots of zebras!”, but we don’t have children so we try to choose loungers as far as possible from the speaker for the pool activities 😊 The pool bar was a great sound buffer this weekend.

Hopefully someone else knows if I am totally off base!

Thanks, we don't travel with kids either, LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter