Jambo vs Kidani

jsternad

Mouseketeer
It's been a while since I've done all the research on AKL. What I remember was Jambo was more favorable than Kidani, but I can't remember why.

Can someone give me run down of the two?

TIA!

I'm not sure that either is more favorable. As they say "Different strokes for different folks" [if you're old enough to know the reference]. Kidani has a much smaller lobby. Some call it cozy, some call it a disappointment after Jambo's large, impressive lobby, which some call too loud and bustling. Jambo has a quick serve restaurant, Mara, as well as Boma and Jiko for TS. Kidani has Sanaa and the lobby small store. Sanaa does take out, and the lobby store has a small supply as well as zebra domes. And there's a refillable mug refill station in the lobby, on the way to/from the bus stop. If you have a refillable mug at Jambo, you have to take the elevator down one floor to refill it, not nearly as convenient. But talk about convenience, just mention to most people the walks to your room at Kidani. From some villas in Kidani, it's a shorter walk to Jambo than to the Kidani lobby. But I digress. I'm sure other people may have different views.

If you are a Studio type... Jambo is will have better/ non-parking lot views. Pool or partial-to-full Savannah views.

Here is an image I saw online and clipped but have forgotten who originally posted for reference.
Jambo Studio View Map.png

We were in the same boat and ended up going with Jambo because we wanted a Savanna view and did not want to risk getting the Pembe Savanna which doesn't have giraffes or zebras. We had also been to Kidani's lobby on two previous trips when visiting Sanaa but hadn't yet seen the Jambo lobby which we've heard is nice. Also, my oldest loves food courts, so the selection at Mara seems like a better fit for her than the options at Sanaa takeout.

I like both, but they definitely are slightly different.

In addition to the items people called out above here are some to consider.

Pool: In my opinion, the Kidani pool and slide are better/more fun for kids than those at Jambo.
Pool: However, the Jambo pool is much larger.
Rooms: Kidani has dedicated 1 and 2 bedroom rooms while Jambo has lockoffs only.
Rooms: Kidani has more DVC rooms than Jambo, meaning that there is more availability at Kidani for DVC. If you're booking a room in cash, this won't be as much of a concern/consideration.
Rooms: Kidani 1 bedroom rooms have an extra full bathroom (2 bathrooms vs. Jambo's 1)
Rooms: Kidani rooms are larger than Jambo rooms
Rooms: Jambo has Value and Club level rooms if you are lucky enough to book them, Kidani has none.
Layout: Kidani has very long hallways where a walk all the way to the end may be up to 1/3 of a mile.
Layout: Jambo has access to more distinct savannas which may have different varieties of animals staying within them at a given time, and more areas/decks/etc. to look at them.
Layout: Standard-view rooms at Jambo are much more likely to have a savanna/partial savanna view than those at Kidani
Layout: DVC villas at Jambo are all on the 5th floor, so if you want to be down lower/close to the animals, you have a better chance of getting that at Kidani in a DVC villa. The inverse also applies, if you want to be up high, a DVC booking at Jambo will guarantee that for you.
Layout/Rooms: Grand villas at Kidani comprise two floors, which may be a consideration if you have people in your party with mobility issues or prefer a single-floor layout. Jambo grand villas are all one floor.
Parking: Kidani has an underground parking garage, while Jambo parking is in the open/exposed.

Pool: In my opinion, the Kidani pool and slide are better/more fun for kids than those at Jambo.
Pool: However, the Jambo pool is much larger.
Since guests can use either pool, no matter which building their room is in, it's a matter of choosing which one to be closer to and walking or taking the shuttle or a park bus to the other one.

It's been a while since I've done all the research on AKL. What I remember was Jambo was more favorable than Kidani, but I can't remember why.

Can someone give me run down of the two?

TIA!
I prefer Kidani because it is much more quiet. Other than DTD, you are picked up and dropped off first if you stay Kidani.
Kidani does not have any restaurants. Kidani is also in need of a refurb.

The rooms in our opinion were comparable. We like the Kidani pool better, otherwise, we prefer Jambo because there’s more dining options.

Our family is Jambo all the way, not even close. The only thing we liked at Kidani was the great splash area that they have. We thought their pool was really small and just walking into the (so called) lobby felt so blah. We LOVED the Jambo lobby and most of the activities are there, QS, TS, gift shop etc.

Piggy-backing off this question... What are the activity offerings like at Kidani and Jambo? Are they different? Does one have more than the other? We have young kiddos (1yo-8yo). Leaning toward Kidani for the splash pad, parking and larger room/extra bathroom, but I wonder if we'd be missing out on too much excitement at Jambo. Not having QS isn't a dealbreaker, since we'd have a kitchen.

Piggy-backing off this question... What are the activity offerings like at Kidani and Jambo? Are they different? Does one have more than the other? We have young kiddos (1yo-8yo). Leaning toward Kidani for the splash pad, parking and larger room/extra bathroom, but I wonder if we'd be missing out on too much excitement at Jambo. Not having QS isn't a dealbreaker, since we'd have a kitchen.
Check out the newest pages of this thread to see the offerings.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/monthly-resort-recreation-calendars.3871996/

We just stayed in a Jambo DVC studio overlooking the Uzima savanna a week ago. I was disappointed not to get Arusha savanna, but Uzima did not look out on other hotel rooms, which is nice. I walked over to Kidani, and much preferred the Jambo vibe. We ate at Boma for breakfast twice, dinner once and Jiko. It was all lovely. The lobby was quiet in April.
The Kidani savanna appears to have all the Ankole cattle?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter