• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 1st, 2014 GOAAAAALLLLLLLL....

Confession!!! I CAVED, i drank a Diet Dr. Pepper! Actually still drinking it...not that great, but I know I can definitely limit myself to one a month...I was just feeling so weak this morning, I don't drink coffee...I don't have tea to make and we live so far in the country that there is no place to get an unsweet tea that does not have Splenda or other sweetener in it...so I stopped at a quick stop and got one can. I may not even finish it...but I did my 30 day Ripped again today, took my middle child driving...(maybe that was the stress factor!) She is a phenomenal driver but I just HATE not being in the driver seat..I made her go on a 50mph 2 land road and she is still learning to maintain speed, she would go from 38-53! I told her to hold steady at 50...but she would get unsure in curves and coast down then forget to speed back up...she's doing a super job but I think it did stress me a bit :)

We then went to an outdoor mall and walked for about an hour after splitting a turkey panini for lunch at Barnes and Noble...had water there...but on the hour drive home I was just so needing a DDP.....my daughter did her best to talk me out of it but between the hot Alabama sun/driving/exercising my tushie off I just had to cave.

Now my house needs a big cleaning! Going to try and take a short nap then jump to deep cleaning at least 3 rooms. Then I'll try to get energy to get 2 miles in tonight on the treadmill...very excited about working towards the 5k in August...so need to start running more!

Made it to another weigh in! So excited! The water weight from my 16 day cycle is GONE! So that scale should be really kind tomorrow...hitting Ripped day four of week 2 today...will be so glad to end this week...but kind of scared of week 3!!!

RECIPE ALERT

Redneck caviar!!

(can be doubled)
but the way I make it is
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can black eyed peas (rinsed and drained)
1 can white shoepeg corn (drained)
1 can rotel
(you can add one jalapeño but I never do)
5 TBS Red wine vinegar
5 TBS Olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp cumin
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup diced onion (I use visalia)

Mix all those ingredients up, refrigerate and serve with Frito scoops or whole grain Tostitos...it is YUMMY!!!!

Made this again for a picnic we're taking tomorrow...good for you and so yummy!!! I could just eat it with a spoon all day long but frito scoops are fun and tasty too! :)

That bathing suit is so cute! That is a nice goal.

The recipe looks great but what is Rotel?

Waiting for your weigh in after the water loss..... drum roll please!!!!!!!!!!

Linda

That bathing suit is so cute! That is a nice goal.

The recipe looks great but what is Rotel?

Waiting for your weigh in after the water loss..... drum roll please!!!!!!!!!!

Linda

3 Pounds GONE!!!

I saw 194 on the scale today and 194.0 to be exact! :) I think if I had not substituted that bowl of pasta for my spinach smoothie I could have seen a bit lower...:) I was just so weak yesterday and realized I needed some quick carbs...found this 'authentic' Italian pasta on sale yesterday and could not pass it up...I had one cup of it and it was divine!!! I also had about 10 cheezits as a snack because I ran out of almonds...usually if I eat those kind of empty carbs my body puffs up like a puffer fish, but not this morning!! I KNOW I can be in the 180s by June 6th! And maybe down to 185 by then! That would be AWESOME!!! My body feels non bloated and much leaner...even my girls (who are competitive Irish dancers) noted how 'cut' my calves are!! I agree!! HAving to do Jillian's Ripped and Shred and 2-4 miles a day carrying this extra weight kind of gives those calves a beastly workout! :)

I had blackberries for breakfast, honestly not that hungry after the pasta last night...also had a serving of the Redneck Caviar last night, divine!! Okay, Rotel is the name brand of diced tomatoes and peppers that comes in a red/yellow can...if you've ever heard of Rotel dip (velveeta and a can of Rotel) that is what it refers to....it really adds flavor to the dish and gives you the tomato/peppery kind of taste...I usually will NEVER eat a tomato, but devour it in this! :)

I think my growth of muscle has kind of leveled out after 40 days of daily Jillian, so now my body can start attacking the fat..and it feels GREAT!! Everything is looser, my underwear is all loose in the seat so know I'm cutting some fat that and took my measurements on May 15th...so I'll measure the middle of every month to see what's morphing :)

I would love to see my arms go down! They measured as big as my calves! I know they will, but I have a bit of excess flesh so never know how to measure, do I squeeze the measuring tape around the flesh? I know that sounds awful, but my arms are really smaller they just do not 'look' that much smaller because of the extra flesh..sorry to be specific but it's a fact I have to live with :confused3

I am sooo dang proud of myself...and thankful that I have had no injuries or illness to sabotage these efforts...must go buy milk at a quickie shop to make the kids muffins, in the past I would have eaten 2 of them, I don't want a single one! :) Lunch is Redneck Caviar/Fritos and I will allow myself one snack size of peanut butter M&Ms...then dinner is spinach smoothie and have peanuts for snack :)

This morning I will complete last day of week 2 of Ripped! So thankful to say goodbye to planks!! :banana:

I am so excited about reaching 180s! I know I can do it within 2 weeks! I do have to be very good over Memorial Day weekend, we are traveling to Memphis for a dance competition, but I have become very good at eating better out! Going to make the most f these two weeks before the crazy cycle starts up again!

Blackberries for breakfast and salad for lunch with spinach smoothie for dinner... So ready for it today!

Say Whuuuut??

I just tried on a size 12 swimsuit I bought for our cruise last year..it was too tight last September when I weighed 188...but it fit perfectly today!! Even at 194 my body must be more muscle!! I got to swim for about 30 minutes, but water was 79..soo cool, so I just did 20 laps and mostly kicked through that..too cold to get my head under! :) I also put on a top that I wore 5 years ago when I was 175 and it was loose!! I'm sure I stretched it out over these years but it was soo cool to feel that 'loose' feeling :) If I keep adding muscle, I think I'll be happy with how I look in the 160's...but 150's will probably be ideal! Can't wait to get there!! :)

I want THIS swimming suit!!!
http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-tunic-one-piece-slender-suit~4235_593.html

Love this! Just wil not pay full price so have no idea if it will still be there when I need it :(
Cute! That would look great at a WDW resort pool! :beach:

3 Pounds GONE!!!

I saw 194 on the scale today and 194.0 to be exact! :) I think if I had not substituted that bowl of pasta for my spinach smoothie I could have seen a bit lower...:) I was just so weak yesterday and realized I needed some quick carbs...found this 'authentic' Italian pasta on sale yesterday and could not pass it up...I had one cup of it and it was divine!!! I also had about 10 cheezits as a snack because I ran out of almonds...usually if I eat those kind of empty carbs my body puffs up like a puffer fish, but not this morning!! I KNOW I can be in the 180s by June 6th! And maybe down to 185 by then! That would be AWESOME!!! My body feels non bloated and much leaner...even my girls (who are competitive Irish dancers) noted how 'cut' my calves are!! I agree!! HAving to do Jillian's Ripped and Shred and 2-4 miles a day carrying this extra weight kind of gives those calves a beastly workout! :)

I had blackberries for breakfast, honestly not that hungry after the pasta last night...also had a serving of the Redneck Caviar last night, divine!! Okay, Rotel is the name brand of diced tomatoes and peppers that comes in a red/yellow can...if you've ever heard of Rotel dip (velveeta and a can of Rotel) that is what it refers to....it really adds flavor to the dish and gives you the tomato/peppery kind of taste...I usually will NEVER eat a tomato, but devour it in this! :)

I think my growth of muscle has kind of leveled out after 40 days of daily Jillian, so now my body can start attacking the fat..and it feels GREAT!! Everything is looser, my underwear is all loose in the seat so know I'm cutting some fat that and took my measurements on May 15th...so I'll measure the middle of every month to see what's morphing :)

I would love to see my arms go down! They measured as big as my calves! I know they will, but I have a bit of excess flesh so never know how to measure, do I squeeze the measuring tape around the flesh? I know that sounds awful, but my arms are really smaller they just do not 'look' that much smaller because of the extra flesh..sorry to be specific but it's a fact I have to live with :confused3

I am sooo dang proud of myself...and thankful that I have had no injuries or illness to sabotage these efforts...must go buy milk at a quickie shop to make the kids muffins, in the past I would have eaten 2 of them, I don't want a single one! :) Lunch is Redneck Caviar/Fritos and I will allow myself one snack size of peanut butter M&Ms...then dinner is spinach smoothie and have peanuts for snack :)

Congrats on your weigh in!!! That redneck caviar sounds yummy! We may have to try that...

Say Whuuuut??

I just tried on a size 12 swimsuit I bought for our cruise last year..it was too tight last September when I weighed 188...but it fit perfectly today!! Even at 194 my body must be more muscle!! I got to swim for about 30 minutes, but water was 79..soo cool, so I just did 20 laps and mostly kicked through that..too cold to get my head under! :) I also put on a top that I wore 5 years ago when I was 175 and it was loose!! I'm sure I stretched it out over these years but it was soo cool to feel that 'loose' feeling :) If I keep adding muscle, I think I'll be happy with how I look in the 160's...but 150's will probably be ideal! Can't wait to get there!! :)

Awesome! With all your exercise i would not be surprised at all if you have more muscle and thus have smaller measurements at 194 than 188. Congrats!!! :cool1:

Thanks Night Angel!!! You ARE a Night Angel! Coming in the night to offer encouragement! :) Although I know parts of me are smaller, I still see this huge fleshy backside that taunts me...now I am going to put it through so me pain! :)

Just finished day one of week 2 Ripped in 30...that's a mouthful!

OUCH! She moves about 30% faster in this one...it almost seemed that the 'warm-up' was a cardio...it's almost as if she filmed it knowing she had to get out of there quickly..more planks..:scared1: more stressful knee moves...but my knees are feeling stronger, there is only one move I absolutely can NOT do with my knees..

She stands up with arms in the air, sits down quickly, lays on back and rolls both legs up in the air then lunges up and stands up again..it's like a reverse jumpie...but oh soo bad with someone with knee damage...it can NOT be done, so I just repeat the first two strength exercises while they kill their knees..in 20 years she will be sorry for the extra stress she put on them! ::yes::

Going to do my treadmill workout and instead of inclines I am going to see if my knees can withstand longer running, I really want to run the 5K August 17th....I think I can do it! :)

I am going to up it to 5k 5x a week...I need to go see how many miles that is..ugh! 3.1 miles...oh well, I guess I can make that happen...it's just another 10-15 minutes...:lmao:

for some reason I thought it was 2.6...time to get movin' movin' :woohoo:

I usually HATE pictures of myself, but a friend who has not seen me in about 6 months saw a picture that was posted in FB from this weekend, she was soo impressed with how much weight I had lost! I went to look at the picture and cringe and it was pretty nice! I honestly looked like I may only have about 30 more pounds to go in it!! I have never been so happy to see these changes in my body in years!!! The walking/running and Jillian are morphing this body in amazing ways! I know I'll deal with flabby skin and arm wings for a good long while but feeling those muscles under it all is a reminder that I'm actually doing it this time!! No turning back, no excuses....losing fat and building muscle!!

After working out for 83 minutes today, I even had the energy to spray 1/4 of my pastures, took over an hour and a half carrying 4 gallons of Grazon on my back...I got a nice farmer's burn, but I see myself having more energy to do the things around the barn that need doing....the horses are ready to be worked with and with the added loss of weight, I think I am ready to ride again...when I get to my ultimate goal I am going to find an awesome saddle once and for all...I have never had a saddle my whole life! I've been using bareback pads...my daughter has an English saddle but she prefers bareback pad as well..but I would love a fluidity endurance saddle ...only $3500!!! HUH?? I'm hoping to find something that fits my horse well and will allow me to ride longer distances...but also be able to learn dressage on....our horses need a job and dressage would be great to teach them! Two of our three are rescues and mean the world to me, can't wait to finally be able to work with them the way they needed!!

Hmm...12 days max between cycles...oh joy. Is this what perimenopause looks like? My mom and older sister both had hysterectomies so I am the first female to go through this...all my aunts had hysterectomies as well, that I know of...the good news is I do not feel my chest is half as swollen as it was two weeks ago...amen!

Now, for you women, I am awful at fitting bras...when you are measuring for a bra and it says 34..is that the measurement around your body where your bra fits? Or is that the measurement around the top of your bra where your chest is? My body measures at 34" but all my bras are still 38s and 40s..I'm thinking I need new bras, but hate to buy any until my chest goes down some, nothing like a vacuous shell of material to remind me of what once was...I may just live in those stretchy exercise type of bras.

I finished day 2 of Ripped week 3..it is hard! I am sweating! My triceps are wondering why it's taken 45 years to meet me...I may have to go swimming today to work out all these new muscle fibers that are screaming at me...

Going to go drink more water and eat some almonds for snack, cheerios with milk for breakfast, lunch will likely be a salad and the good old spinach kale concoction...last night's was awful!! The blackberries I bought were not ripe at all and so sour! Tonight I'm going with pears and blueberries...surely it will be better!

Good morning-yes the 34 is around under your breasts-that measures at the top of your ribs or so.

Summer setlzers came out by Polar-cucumber melon,ginger lemonade,pomegranate sangria,pina colada and mint mojito-mmm good!!!!!!!!! 0 sodium 0 cals.

Linda

Good morning-yes the 34 is around under your breasts-that measures at the top of your ribs or so.

Summer setlzers came out by Polar-cucumber melon,ginger lemonade,pomegranate sangria,pina colada and mint mojito-mmm good!!!!!!!!! 0 sodium 0 cals.

Linda

Linda!! Thanks!!:cool1: What are these Polar things?? Where do you get them?? They sound awesome!!

Shaved THREE minutes off my 5k time!!!! I ran for a mile!! I had to walk a quarter/run a quarter but it was a mile at 4.4 :) I know that's a fast jog but I am getting into the rhythm...my left knee wanted to whine that last quarter mile but I made some adjustments, I led out with my foot shooting it forward to extend and that changed the angle where the most pressure was hitting the knee, that solved it! I'm still going to ice it now just in case it wants to flare up...I know the extra pounds leaving will help more than anything, but I think I can do this 5k in August!!

I really just need about 20 more minutes off to be a full jog the whole time! I am going to stick to running this mile and might try to increase my walking speed (currently at 3.5)

I have to tell you on this journey, when I started walking on the treadmill at 265, I though 3.2 was going to kill me..I often started at 2.5 and would increase to 3.2...and go back down...now when I go from 4.4 to 3.5 I feel like I am walking SOO slow!!! Our bodies DO ADAPT!!! Do not give up on them, believe that they can do it...address the injuries but do not let them sidetrack your goals!

On a side note, I normally do not stress about much, but finances are always tight since surviving those 31 months of two mortgages...an AC tech I've used for 3 years was trying to convince me I needed a new unit. He acted rather 'put out' with me when I told him that I would need to check around and maybe get a second opinion...that should have been a clue. We've gone without AC for 60 days due to the amazing cool spring (Thank you God!) but with it hitting high 80s this week we had to turn it on..nope, did not work..but I did not want to call the other guy..got a referral from a sweet friend...they came out today....WHAT A WORLD of difference an honest professional makes!! Our old tech tried to tell me I had too many leaks and it would be more to fix it than it's worth...freon being so high he was really working on me to buy a $6000 unit! Really? I refuse to go into debt and we pay cash for everything now but we did not have that!

The new guy tore my unit apart, boraxed the coils, showed me I had NO leaks, he suspected the old tech had been charging me for freon that he never put in and actually probably leaked mine out! But worse than that, when the new guy tried to turn the unit on to AC, it would only blow out heat! He found the culprit..my old tech had rigged my unit so that it would not switch from heat to AC..so a 'dumb mom' would figure she'd need to call the tech to sell her a new unit...:rotfl2: The JOKE is on him!! My hero and his wife set me up and fixed our unit for $287!! Freon and a new fan plus their time cleaning all my coils!! I really need to write BBB but I'm still too angry about the lowdown tactics of those in these service industries...and soo soo thankful for honest business owners! CHEERS to them!!

Wow your other HVAC tech sounds awful. You definitely need to report him at the BBB and online where ever you can. I always look online for reviews as much as possible.

Congrats on your 5k time! That's amazing! Great work!!!

Keep it up!!! :thumbsup2

Great job on the 3 minutes,thats huge!!!!!!!

Maybe you guys don't have Polar products down there.It is the name brand of sodas and flavored seltzer waters.I believe they are out of Worchestor Ma.

Google them to see.

Linda

Great job on the 3 minutes,thats huge!!!!!!!

Maybe you guys don't have Polar products down there.It is the name brand of sodas and flavored seltzer waters.I believe they are out of Worchestor Ma.

Google them to see.

Linda

Thanks guys!! I will have to research the Polar drinks, they sound like a great option....I am not too great at staying hydrated! And if they have fizz, even better :)

I finished day 4 of Ripped in 30 week 3..ouch ouch ouch! My shoulders are taking a beating...there is one move where you do this crab crawl kind of position, well they have their hands pointing towards their feet, this really feels awkward and puts such stress on my shoulders...I'm guessing it is because I'm still carrying 30-35 extra pounds that they do not have, who are we kidding, I'm probably carrying 50-55 pounds of what they do not have, I honestly think I would have to weigh 130 to be where they are!! But, I do believe in the 150s I can focus on fitness and see where my 45 year old body likes to settle into! :)

Tomorrow is weigh day!! Tried to stay low carb but with that 5k run/walk yesterday I needed carbs..so I had a 180 calorie granola bar and rice at dinner..(no smoothie..probably should have but found pork roast on sale..the whole roast was just $4.00!!!) couldn't pass up that opportunity to crockpot some, did not put sauce on it, just cooked it with garlic and an onion...tasted yummy over the rice...did have some spinach on it as well...trying to add greens to my meals.

Hope to see the scale move again!!! :) We are almost to our 100th day until our vacation!! About 108 days left I think...I CAN DO THIS!! I know for sure that I will LOVE where all these workouts and good eating are taking me!!

Dh has to go out of town for two weeks :( It's so hard for him to eat well when he is traveling..going to send him daily love notes of encouragement to help him keep focused! Maybe I could do a mini-challenge with him..whoever takes off the most pounds while he is gone gets a $50 splurge spending...I really want some new fitted workout clothes!! :) It helps me to see all the remaining bulges...they're shrinking!! :)

All I can think about is hitting 180s next week!! So excited to visit the 180s for a short stay then see 170s in July! Wahoo!!,

After my 5k walk/run yesterday I weighed again because I felt much 'lighter' than 192.4 :) The scale showed 191!!! I KNOW I can hit 180's next Friday!! I feel great! Clothes are loose, threw out my size 38 bra! Have a 36 on and it's loose! But I think I'd need a 34 DDD...I know they will go down to about a C size when I hit the 150s so I do not want to buy any until I hit the 160s...hate having so many sizes!

I did something I haven't done in probably 19 years! I shaved my ENTIRE leg!!! One, the surface area has shrunk quite a bit, two, I can hold my leg up long enough to shave the whole thing, and three they are looking pretty good - that I want to wear regular shorts not Bermuda!!! Wow!! I haven't said that in a looong time! :yay:

On body issues..I have never been one to think "I hate my body"...I have always loved my body and am grateful that it works as well as it does...I am more disappointed in myself for treating my body the way I have...these bodies are amazing vehicles!!! They work so hard for us even when we do not work so hard for them...now that I've consistently had 50+ days of exercise and eating well, I've seen how well it responds and feel badly that I did not consider the impact all my guilt/stress eating/lack of moving had on it...thankful it's forgiving and that I have such great support through Disboards and friends/family to urge me forward!

Heading to Memphis today to visit my mom/dad and take the girls to their Irish dance feis...they both are excited. We tore the house up trying to find a pair of bike shorts she needs to wear under her school dress..never found it, must run out and buy a pair this morning on our way out...wonder if we can find a dance store on the way? The closest one here is 45 minutes away, on top of a 3.5 hour drive don't want to add an hour and a half just for bike shorts..sigh.

On a fun note, my 17 year old son (almost 18) has just asked his first date to a matinee...it's the sweetest thing, his best friend he had at age 5-6 has reemerged thanks to Facebook and Debate tournaments in our region..they both are involved and did not know it (live states apart)..they had not seen each other since they were 6..well, he really does show an interest in her and wanted to ask her out since we'll be in Memphis this weekend...he has no driver's license so Granddaddy will likely chauffeur them around..how cool is that? Granddaddy gets to take them on their first date..it is so sweet and I know they will have a great time! He has worked so hard getting fit...joined the rowing team almost 3 years ago and within 7 months lost 65 pounds..he is now a fit and lean 6'3 and 180...strong kid, disciplined with his eating/exercise..just need to get him focused on his last year of math! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter