January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part I !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You snowbirds are crazy.... I leave to go work for a few hours and have PAGES to read....

I do want to thank you all though.... while I was busy reading your posts I let the pasta boil over and it stuck to the pan... so much I think I might just throw it out and buy a new one... I never did like that pan anyway....

I just hit 1500 posts..... wow.... that's way to much time not doing what I should be....

Shelly..... can I get on the list of those going in January.... please:worship: .... pretty please....:worship:

I found an awesome old pic of me and DH from MK in 1994. It was Valentine's Day and they had set up a photo op area at the circle in Town Square. We sat on the bench with heart shaped flower arrangements and Main Street and the Castle in the background. I'm planning to scan it tonight and I'll post it tomorrow. I'm going to try and use it for my sig pic too.

Awww - I'm so glad you're posting that! I went to DL when I was 7 and have some old pics. If I ever find them, I wanted to post one. I was also thinking that it would be fun, before our respective trips, to post pics of the groups we're traveling with -so we can get a visual of everyone. Maybe that will be a question of the day sometime.....

You snowbirds are crazy.... I leave to go work for a few hours and have PAGES to read....

I do want to thank you all though.... while I was busy reading your posts I let the pasta boil over and it stuck to the pan... so much I think I might just throw it out and buy a new one... I never did like that pan anyway....

I just hit 1500 posts..... wow.... that's way to much time not doing what I should be....

COOL - the only thing better than new dishes is new cookware!!! That calls for a celebration :dance3:.

Stainless steel is the way to go - that nonstick cookware can make you sick by putting chemicals in the air. Just heat up your pan really hot and move the food around as soon as you put it in and it won't stick.

Awww - I'm so glad you're posting that! I went to DL when I was 7 and have some old pics. If I ever find them, I wanted to post one. I was also thinking that it would be fun, before our respective trips, to post pics of the groups we're traveling with -so we can get a visual of everyone. Maybe that will be a question of the day sometime.....

Yeah, we were looking through them last night and it's amazing how fast life goes by! Our joke was that we have on such BIG GLASSES! I don't look any older, but DH is a little grayer ;)

I love the idea of photo QOTDs. We can post photos of us, or maybe pics from old trips, or cool things we've done in the past.

I love the Snowbirds :love: :banana:

I'm heading home - see you all tonight, around 8:30 for my nightly check-in from the couch.

I need to get cracking!!!

Of course, I am spending my prime posting time trying to decide what Christmas cards to order this year. Did I mention I'm insane?

No what is insane is that I'm actually considering making my cards this year!! I need to stop that train of thought now!!

I'll try to scan some fun pics from previous Disney trips. I was going to add them to my PTR, anyhow.:goodvibes Great idea!!!

Wow I don't check in for a few hours and I've got a novel to read!!!!

Just wanted to celebrate!! I'm at 4 months today- Woo Hoo!!!!

:dance3: :cheer2:

Now you have made me want to call my mom and see if we can't find the pictures of my first trip to Disney! It was a 10th birthday surprise from my dad and we did EPCOT and Sea World I loved it and so desperately wanted to get back. It wouldn't be till after I graduate college (13 years later) that I was able to go back with my dad, this time mom tagged along. Such good memories... I can't wait to have kids and pass those memories and hopefully a love of Disney to my kids..but it will definitely have to be mom and I time then LOL!!!!

I suppose it is time for me to join y'all. Considering I've been planning my January trip for almost a year now. Wow... really... almost a year. (I started planning the Disneymoon before I started planning the wedding...well...."officially") I think I've been subscribed for a while, but I don't think I've ever posted.

First of all, I will be Disneymooning it from Jan 4-Jan 13
Second, I will be at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (unless of course there's an offer I can't refuse)
Third, my ADRs are as follows
1/4: Jikos 7:05PM
1/5: Coral Reef 12:30PM
1/6: CRT 5:20PM
1/7: Sci-Fi Dine In 12:30PM
1/8: Le Cellier 7:55PM
1/9: Tusker House 10:30AM
1/10: Ohanas 10:55AM
1/11: 1900 Park Fare 7PM
1/12: 50s Prime Time 12:30PM
1/13: Bomas 8:55AM

Wow... I think I'm going to have all my ADRs memorized by the time I go. I think that'll freak my fiance out a little...

I'm considering starting a PTR... though, the wedding planning might get in the way of it.

I've been to Disney two times, plus however many times my Mom took me there when we lived in Florida for nine months. So I'd estimate at least a dozen.
However, this will be the first trip for my fiance. He's REALLY excited.

BTW, is there any identifying symbol for Snowbirds other than the LGMH?

:welcome: to the snowbirds Becca and congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When is your wedding?? I love your restaurant choices and the dates!

So all this talk about pictures got me thinking and so instead of going my assignments I started looking to see what WDW pictures I have in my apartment. Then I was like well, since I have the pictures I may as well scan them.
Then I remembered my printer/scanner wouldn't turn on, but I wanted my pictures scanned. So, I fiddled with my printer and realized one of the plugs was out! :headache:
So thank you everyone for forcing me to plug my "broken" printer back in so I could share pictures!!!!!
Soleil-I'm sure you did, but check all the cables again and plug your scanner into different outlets. It took me two weeks of fiddling to finally realize the simple fix! :sad2:

WOW! How many pages did you all put on here today?? We will be at 250 before Thursday at this rate!!

QOTD: This is my seventh trip to WDW. I also went to Disneyland once (a long time ago!).

I am looking forward to eating at different restaurants (Captain's Grille, The Wave, Grand Floridian Cafe), Tea at the Grand Floridian, as well as eating at a few old favorites. I am looking forward to Toy Story Mania, SOARIN', Buzz Lightyear. Oh dear, if I start listing, I will keep going and going and going!

Just for fun, here are some highlights for today (9-23) from Thisdayindisneyhistory.com: (I should be doing my homework... :rolleyes1 )

1938:
Disney's Mickey Mouse cartoon The Brave Little Tailor is released. The most elaborate and expensive Mickey Mouse cartoon ever produced to date, it will be nominated for an Academy Award
1945:
Original Mouseketeer Paul Petersen is born in Glendale, California. Besides appearing on The Mickey Mouse Club, he portrayed Jeff Stone on The Donna Reed Show. In later years, he will become an author, spokesman, and child rights activist.
1949:
Disney's Goofy cartoon Goofy Gymnastics, directed by Jack Kinney, is released.
1955:
The Disney short Up a Tree, featuring Donald Duck and Chip 'n' Dale, is released. It is the 3rd and final short release of 1955.
1962:
The NBC-TV series Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color airs "The Golden
Horseshoe Revue" (it is the first episode of Disney's ninth season on television).
The program features the 10,000th show of Disneyland's famous stage show!
1971:
The Dapper Dans (a barbershop quartet soon to be a staple at Disney World) perform their first set at the GAF Photo Shop on Main Street. Jerry Siggins, Bob Mathis, Dick Kneeland, and Bub Thomas sing for Cast Members and their families a week before the grand opening of Walt Disney World in Florida.
1980:
The Big Thunder Mountain Railroad attraction debuts at Walt
Disney World with a soft opening. Designed by Imagineer Tony
Baxter and ride design engineer Bill Watkins, it has been manufactured
by Arrow Dynamics (a roller coaster design company based in Clearfield, Utah).
1984:
Michael Eisner and Frank Wells officially become Chairman and President of Walt Disney Productions.
1999:
The large and small Horizons signs are removed from the closed Epcot attraction at Walt Disney World.
The Disney Stores begin to sell a series of pins counting down the last 101 days until the millenium.
2001:
A new attraction "Walt Disney: One Man's Dream," showing memorabilia about Walt Disney's career and heritage to the public for the first time, opens at Disney-MGM in Florida.
2004:
Hong Kong Disneyland holds a ceremony to celebrate the "topping off" of Sleeping Beauty Castle. A 'Topping Off' ceremony is traditionally celebrated when the last structural element is placed on a building.
(The park is scheduled to open in late 2005 or early 2006.)

No what is insane is that I'm actually considering making my cards this year!! I need to stop that train of thought now!!

Ha! I thought about that, but then saw 20% off at tinyprints.com so I couldn't resist. Of course, that discount ends in a few days, so I have been chasing the kids around trying to get decent pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter