January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part I !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just have to say ......... My Goodness, you all have been a chatty bunch for the last 98 mins. I left to go for a walk on this lovely fall day and come back to find 2 MORE PAGES! If you keep this up we'll reach 250 by midnight tonite! :thumbsup2

QOTD - since it has been almost 15 yrs since I was last at Disney, and even then it wasn't me in charge of the planning, this is a whole new ball game for me! I have been fair obsessed with planning the perfect Disney trip since just after our wedding! That was more than 9 years ago! I have read almost evey book there is to read, checked out almost ALL of the websites devoted to Disney, and subscribed to UG! I figure that between all that and chatting with "those that have gone before me" I have More than enough information to plan a wonderful trip for my family! :)
'

LOL! Thank goodness for lunch breaks!! Because the fact that you have actually timed the 98 minutes was absolutely hilarious to me!!

:hug: I totally embrace anyone who can have Disney OCD!!:hug:

I think POFQ is a beautiful resort - we stayed there LOTS of times.

Hey Sharon, a question for you! It seems to me that since you have been there so many times, you are the person to ask!

We will be arriving @ MCO around 11:20 am. I figure we should definitely be at POFQ before 1pm. How likely is it that there will be a room ready for us? I have made no room requests so I am hoping that should improve our chances. What do you think? What were your check in experiences like? :)

Sharon thanks for you kind words and advice! I will have to consult my mom on this but I know that which ever way we decide its going to be a magical Christmas trip for us!!

What are LGMH's I'm sure it stands for "lime green" something....:goodvibes

I have been wondering about this lime green thing, I have heard it represents DIS members but besides that I have no clue. Can anyone further elaborate???

What are LGMH's I'm sure it stands for "lime green" something....:goodvibes

Bella! LGMH's are....Lime Green Mickey Head's! :) Specifically, Alien green mickey head paint chips from Home Depot! Almost all Dissers wear them on some part of their person when at Diney World! :banana: They can also be used for many other things! I am pretty sure I have seen you posting over at AGPrincess' TR so you should have seen her "count up" calendar that she made of Ariel! Absolutely Wonderful! Very creative! :goodvibes

"LGMH" are "Lime Green Mickey Heads". You can find them at Home Depot as sample cards from the Disney line of paints.

Man, Shelly! You are so super fastwith those responses! I sat doen to answer Bella's question about LGMH's and you beat me to it! Fast fingers you there, Mama Snowbird! :rotfl: I believe I have only 1 or 2 post left until I reach 300 and then we can have a PARTY! :cool1:

I just want to say hello, this Jan. will be our 2nd year going in Jan.( we will be going for my B-Day the 18th, and the triplets B-Day is the 17th) we usually went in Oct, but fell in love with disney in Jan!! So it seems like I will NEVER get caught up with all these posts but I will give it my best!!
I can not wait to see any pointers or tips you snowbirds may have for me.:rotfl:

Oh boy! Only 2 left! Is everybody ready to have a little POST COUNT PARTY with me? btw sorry about all the spelling errors on my last post......I know it terribly upsets some people around here, I promise to fix it up later! :laughing: But first I have a party to plan......... anybody else going to join me? :goodvibes

I guess its off to Home Depot then!!! Creative ways to use them...hmmm maybe in my scrapbook. I have decided the theme for my next scrapbook and yes I said theme LOL will be hidden Mickeys. When it comes to scrapbooking I'm the biggest nerd of all. First Disney Scrapbook was Gameboard themed and let me tell you one Gone With the Wind Movie later I had my EPCOT Monopoly board made and was about ready to give up. Then decided it would be fun to make Scrabble the theme of Magic Kingdom. Needless to say, it took almost a year and half to finish that book LOL!!

Now I'm going with a hidden mickey theme where I will hide a Mickey on each page and include photos. I think I will dedicate a page to the LGMH and see who I can find at Disney who's a DISser!! YAY for scrapbook ideas!!

Man, Shelly! You are so super fastwith those responses! I sat doen to answer Bella's question about LGMH's and you beat me to it! Fast fingers you there, Mama Snowbird! :rotfl: I believe I have only 1 or 2 post left until I reach 300 and then we can have a PARTY! :cool1:

Alright another party!! :cool1: :woohoo: :banana:

We'll have to have a super huge party when I reach 5000! :rotfl:

Oh boy! Only 2 left! Is everybody ready to have a little POST COUNT PARTY with me? btw sorry about all the spelling errors on my last post......I know it terribly upsets some people around here, I promise to fix it up later! :laughing: But first I have a party to plan......... anybody else going to join me? :goodvibes

Between your spelling issues and my grammar I'm sure someone is having a heart attack reading our forum!!

I WILL COUNTDOWN..POST GIRL POST!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I just want to say hello, this Jan. will be our 2nd year going in Jan.( we will be going for my B-Day the 18th, and the triplets B-Day is the 17th) we usually went in Oct, but fell in love with disney in Jan!! So it seems like I will NEVER get caught up with all these posts but I will give it my best!!
I can not wait to see any pointers or tips you snowbirds may have for me.:rotfl:

WELCOME to the Snowbirds Mamaoftriplets!! :goodvibes Sounds like you will be having a great trip celebrating lots of birthdays!! :cool1:

What are your dates and where will you be staying?

WELCOME WELCOME and join in all the craziness and parties for every reason under the sun!! We are a great bunch!!

I'm Jen...the science teacher who knows no grammar and is obsessed with exclamation points!!

Triplets...wow!! I can't imagine having one..let alone three at one time!! Congrats!!

Hey Kim,

I know you asked Sharon, but I wanted to tell you that we went to WDW in Feb 07 we stayed at POFQ and the room was ready upon check-in which was around 11am. In fact we headed down to get lunch and then we were going to go to the parks and worry about luggage later. Well one of us forgot something so we went back to our rooms and our luggage was there already. I was most impressed with ME. I am sure it has a lot to do with it being low crowds. We are hoping for the same this time!! And I hope for you as well!

You ladies are impossible to keep up with, by the way! But I do enjoy reading it.

:cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

:welcome: Mama of Triplets :goodvibes Thanks for joing us in our never ending party! You will have a great time here with us - The January Snowbirds - we love to party! We are a very fun bunch! :cool1:

:dance3:
:welcome: Mama of Triplets :goodvibes Thanks for joing us in our never ending party! You will have a great time here with us - The January Snowbirds - we love to party! We are a very fun bunch! :cool1:

:party: :party: :party:
Was that your 300th post!!!! YAY!! Time to bust out the dancing bananas!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter