January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part IV !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! It's a bright sunny COLD morning here - AGAIN! We're at 2.
But the roads are good. We're packing up the tree so I can pack up the summer clothes in our luggage! My girls like to wear t-shirts and shorts around the house to play and do Wii, so I've got to pack them and then they won't be wearing what I want to bring! I don't need any more :laundy:

Hope everyone is feeling better today! My dog was up sick a bit last night too - who knows what he ate!

I'm still on the fence about crocs. Now I really want a pair of Mammoths for myself, and a store here has a buy one get one 1/2 of sale on all crocs that aren't on clearance. I'm sure I won't find the Tink Mary Janes there, but I might run over there today. My mom is here since Dad has a big long meeting after church, she didn't want to go and wait. They are watching the girls when we go to Grease tonight anyway. She's helping pack up the girls' little Christmas trees. And she said she'd fix a hem on my favorite pants! :yay: Maybe she'll even iron for me! I hate ironing and she loves it! Maybe I'll go show her the pile. hee hee!

That military deal looks good! I hope people can use it! Does anyone know how long it lasts? I should go back and look at it. I'd love to be able to use it in November/December for a few days! Of course, I think I'd need my MIL with me to get it. Hmmm...more planning? Okay, Sheree, calm down! Get this trip planned first!! :):laughing:

The military deal goes thru Dec 23rd, 2009

I am going to try and make it :) It's hard for me to know for sure my twins are UNPREDICTABLE so I never really know :)

I thought there were more... its that mind of mine... can't remember anything......

Shelly - you are amazing! How do you know where everything is on this site?

On pressed pennies:
I was told once by a friend that you can ask the bank for new shiny pennies and they turn out really good! My bank is going to think I'm nuts when I'm asking for 3 rolls of quarters, a roll of shiny pennies and a bunch of singles!

I think I'm going to go shop for Crocs today!! It's right next to Home Depot, so might have to get a couple LGMHs. ;)

If you take and soak you pennies in the sink on a sheet of aluminum and some baking soda I think that cleans them..... where are our chemistry snowbirds..... ladies.... you must know how to clean them.....

Okay... here is what one website says about cleaning pennies...

Shiny Clean Pennies

1 teaspoon of table salt, 1/4 of white vinegar, and a shallow bowl to mix them in.
Simply put the vinegar in the bowl, and mix in the salt. Add the pennies that you want to clean, and let them sit for up to 5 minutes. Be aware that if you put too many dirty pennies in the solution it will eventually beccome too dirty itself, and you will need to refresh your solution. Be careful with this approach with zinc pennies, as the vinegar attacks the zinc pretty agressively.

I got my tennis shoes for Disney- I'm wearing them all around my house this week to break them in!

I'm so excited for all of you leaving this week...and for those that already there! Okay a little jealous too but that's okay I'm getting closer and honestly I need the days I have left because I still have so much to do!

Okay, back on the subject of Crocs! I saw in the Outlet they have little Tinkerbell mary janes. Plus Minnie Janes for adults. I'm wondering if anyone has the mary jane style and can tell me how they fit. My regular crocs are fairly loose fitting. My girls have the Caymans (clog style) and flip flops and so I know what size those are. Their caymans are old, and getting small, so I thought I should just order the next size up in the mary janes.
Any thoughts, advice, comments? Much appreciated!

Yep, same size no matter what style for me, too. The Mary Janes really are comfortable. The outlet is having a mega-sale near us. ALL of the kids stuff is $4.99. I went crazy for our trip. I have a new pair of Caymans, the whole family has black Mickey Crocs, and I also got the full shoe style (can't remember the name right now). I have more Crocs than I can fit in the luggage. I was going to get Mary Janes, but I don't think I can take any more!

offically got the suitcases out and I actually have a few things in them already! Working on the laundry and then there will be more inside of them...the excitement is killing me, I just hope this week doesn't gooooo really slow!

I have the Mary Jane crocs and I love them...I've been using them off and on all week long!!!! I also have been breaking in my new tennis shoes!!!!

Pressed pennies sound like a lot of fun to collect, but I think I'm going to stick to the few pins I get for now!!

OY!! I go back to school tomorrow. I look forward to seeing my students again, however I'm now wishing I hadn't procrastinated and waited until today to get my grades all finished....should teach me from now on...but I'll procrastinate again LOL!!!!!

I got my tennis shoes for Disney- I'm wearing them all around my house this week to break them in!

I'm so excited for all of you leaving this week...and for those that already there! Okay a little jealous too but that's okay I'm getting closer and honestly I need the days I have left because I still have so much to do!

That's what I keep saying, I'm glad I have a few more days to get ready because I'm no where near ready to go LOL!!!!! I have so many things on my to-do lists LOL!!!

Shawna...sorry the boys are sick!! I hope they feel better soon!!!!!!!

Woo! 7 days! In exactly one week from today I will be sitting at the airport waiting for the plane and probably freaking out :lmao:

and I just realized I said 7 days and sounded a bit like that little creepy girl from the horror movie, The Ring. :confused3 sorry! Haha, Vikings game on soon! :goodvibes Let's hope it goes well

I have a question for you more knowledgable snowbirds. This is about photo pass and if you pre-order the photopass CD just for yourself. If you upload and edit your pictures each night, is there any place at Walt Disney World where they could make your CD for you so you can have it with you as you are coming home??????

A friend of mine is thinking of going in February and is a huge scrapbooker and was wondering if she could get the CD in her hands when they get ready to leave instead of waiting to order it???? I had no idea so I thought I would check with you guys first!!!

I have a question for you more knowledgable snowbirds. This is about photo pass and if you pre-order the photopass CD just for yourself. If you upload and edit your pictures each night, is there any place at Walt Disney World where they could make your CD for you so you can have it with you as you are coming home??????

A friend of mine is thinking of going in February and is a huge scrapbooker and was wondering if she could get the CD in her hands when they get ready to leave instead of waiting to order it???? I had no idea so I thought I would check with you guys first!!!

I would love to know the answer to this too! I don't think you can but I am NOT the most knowledgable on anything Disney ;)

That's what I keep saying, I'm glad I have a few more days to get ready because I'm no where near ready to go LOL!!!!! I have so many things on my to-do lists LOL!!!

Shawna...sorry the boys are sick!! I hope they feel better soon!!!!!!!

Thanks Jen!! I really want them to get & get over whatever before we leave!! They have no idea why I am pushing the resting so hard today!! Of course, the older one feels the worst, so he's happy laying around watching tv!! We go start school in the a.m.,so they are happy to laze around today. I am almost finished with all the :laundy: for today, so I can go through all my clothes!! I have done t's and shorts, sox and all, now on to my hanging clothes!!! I really need to cull so I know exactly what I need!!! I am very excited about doing it too!
My reward will be choc. chip cookies I am making afterwhile!!!:cutie:

Someone mentioned packing lists a while back-this is what I always do--even to make a list. Start at the top-literally-of YOU!!! Hair products, face(cleansers, make-up,etc,) and work down-clothing included. For each thing, like shampoo and cond list what each member of your family needs. Then I do meds, then laundry stuff. After that I list things for travel-documents, paper work, picture Ids,tickets. Cell phones, charges ( all electronics) and then stuff for back packs for planes per child. This really keeps me organized. I actually have put this on the computer and I just print for each trip.

Jen... we got ours at the Grand Floridan.... but I think you can get them at the photo place in each of parks..

I'm not sure about that Jen. . . I've never heard of anyone being able to bring home the photopass CD with them. . . They say the pics can take up to 24 hours to show up on it. . . But I suppose anything is possible at WDW! You could ask at the photo place at MK.

Hey Guys!! Just got done talking to Soleil!! She said to tell you all HELLO!!!!! And that it is HOT in Olrando...sad to say that one Southern Weather pansy has fallen and she was enjoying the pool!!!!

Jen... we got ours at the Grand Floridan.... but I think you can get them at the photo place in each of parks..

Awesome so you can get them!!! Thanks Wendy...I'll verify for sure when I'm down there but if someone else has done it then a good chance she'll be able to do it also!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Guys!! Just got done talking to Soleil!! She said to tell you all HELLO!!!!! And that it is HOT in Olrando...sad to say that one Southern Weather pansy has fallen and she was enjoying the pool!!!!

Jen... that was a few years ago.... not sure if they changed it or not... at that time there were only a few places you could go and one of them was the GF....

Here is a little weather forecast in Soleil's absence ~

Detailed ten-day forecast

Today
Jan 04
Details Clear
Hi: 78° Lo: 58°
Day: Sunny skies. High 78F, humidity 50%. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
Night: Clear skies. Low 58F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.

Tomorrow
Jan 05
Details Clear
Hi: 79° Lo: 59°
Day: Sunny skies. High 79F, humidity 50%. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Night: Clear skies. Low 59F. Winds light.

Tuesday
Jan 06 Fair
Hi: 81° Lo: 64°
Mostly clear skies. High 81F and low 64F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.

Wednesday
Jan 07 Sprinkles
Hi: 73° Lo: 46°
Chance of moderate rain showers with slight chance of thunder. High 73F and low 46F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.

Thursday
Jan 08 Clear
Hi: 72° Lo: 47°
Sunny skies. High 72F and low 47F. Winds light.

Friday
Jan 09 Clear
Hi: 71° Lo: 50°
Sunny skies. High 71F and low 50F.

Saturday
Jan 10 Clear
Hi: 73° Lo: 52°
Sunny skies. High 73F and low 52F.

Sunday
Jan 11 Fair
Hi: 79° Lo: 56°
Mostly clear skies. High 79F and low 56F.

Monday
Jan 12 Partly Cloudy
Hi: 80° Lo: 54°
Mostly clear skies. High 80F and low 54F.

Tuesday
Jan 13 Cloudy / PM Sun
Hi: 63° Lo: 39°
Sunny skies. High 63F and low 39F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter