January 2013 car rental

my national rate dropped for my trip next week (Jan. 23rd for 10 days). I booked the asile for $216 total after taxes and fees. I used 5007125 and $30 coupon ND9334SND. I'm happy with that price. Alamo is coming in at $179, but I would rather pay extra with national.

n2mm,

Is that a coupon code for anyone to use?

Kelly

THis is from "car rental savers" website that I got it from. It doesn't seem to have any restrictions

New Get $30 off your next weekly rental! For $30 off your next Compact car and above rental, use National coupon code ND9334SND. Requires 5 day rental minimum rental with Saturday night keep. Valid at participating US and Canadian National locations for rental pickup by 2/9/13. No printout required, blackouts apply.

Thanks!!! :)

I have been struggling getting decent rates through National. I have a rental through Alamo but prefer National's Emerald Aisle. It is just so easy and fast. I appreciate the post. :worship:

Kelly

Thanks!!! :)

I have been struggling getting decent rates through National. I have a rental through Alamo but prefer National's Emerald Aisle. It is just so easy and fast. I appreciate the post. :worship:

Kelly

Happy to hear it worked out for you!

Reserved a standard car via Alamo this morning. Thank you to all who have shared coupon codes you have found online. Was able to snag a standard for $128. My question is about picking a car. We can pick any car in the standard aisle?

Reserved a standard car via Alamo this morning. Thank you to all who have shared coupon codes you have found online. Was able to snag a standard for $128. My question is about picking a car. We can pick any car in the standard aisle?

Alamo doesn't have a Standard aisle at MCO, so you get a full size. And yes, you pick any car in the full size aisle. Last year, there was anything from a Grand Prix to a Malibu, Mini Vans to a Lincoln of some sort...we choose the Malibu.

I'd go with Alamo because they let you pick your car. We had a full size with Budget in October and they gave us a free "upgrade" to a Premium car. It was a white Crown Victoria that had been around for a few years (and looked like it used to be a police car). The other premiums around it were similar. I ended up going back and telling them I wanted a full size or a minivan because I didn't really want to drive that boat!

I've had premium at Alamo, but I can't remember what it was. Nothing really large or flashy. Seems like a Taurus or similar car.

What's going on with rates? The last two days my dates are showing $50-100 more than when I had checked on Sunday! Did I miss the boat, or do you think it will come down again?:worried:

Not sure what your dates are, but my experience is that prices go up 1-2 weeks before the rental. My rental starts this Friday and I noticed a jump on Monday. This would be a good time to try Priceline if you're not happy with your rate.

Not sure what your dates are, but my experience is that prices go up 1-2 weeks before the rental. My rental starts this Friday and I noticed a jump on Monday. This would be a good time to try Priceline if you're not happy with your rate.

Oh no!:eek: Jan 29 - Feb 4 are my dates. Guess I should have booked on Sunday, then cancelled and re-booked if I found a lower rate (call it a rookie mistake).

Is that the total cost after fees, taxes, etc.... and would you mind sharing the exact codes you used for this? I need to either book a car today or.... admit defeat and used ME and resort buses for our trip. I wanted a car but DH is too cheap. ;)

Is that the total cost after fees, taxes, etc.... and would you mind sharing the exact codes you used for this? I need to either book a car today or.... admit defeat and used ME and resort buses for our trip. I wanted a car but DH is too cheap. ;)

I am an Alamo insiders member and used a code found on mousesavers.com

Not sure of your dates, but I'm getting that rate too for a weekly rental. The insider code is coming in at the same as the WDW passholder code. Plus you can add the $30 coupon if you have a Saturday night in the reservation. The coupon is AD2338FDF. I just checked for a rental for Jan. 26 to Feb. 2 and the price for a standard was around $124 total. Remember there is no standard lane, so you are directed to choose from the Full size lane.

So we are officially one week away which is totally exciting! I booked a 10 day rental through Budget, as Alamo's rates were $50 more.

I think I've learned a few things this round -- 1) Sanford is a sucky location to rent a car from :mad:and 2) book a reservation early, keep hunting for better prices and change/cancel previous reservations as rates drop.

Still secretly hoping that there will be one more price drop (maybe Sunday:worried:)

So we are officially one week away which is totally exciting! I booked a 10 day rental through Budget, as Alamo's rates were $50 more.

I think I've learned a few things this round -- 1) Sanford is a sucky location to rent a car from :mad:and 2) book a reservation early, keep hunting for better prices and change/cancel previous reservations as rates drop.

Still secretly hoping that there will be one more price drop (maybe Sunday:worried:)

Alamo releases their sale prices on Tues of each week. So check then.

We had good luck in Sanford last year through Alamo. We had a full size care for 13 days plus and hour and it was $232.00 all in!

Just booked through the Costco site. Got a mini-van for 1/29-2/8 through Budget for $226.00! :faint::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter