*** January 2019 Thread ***

10 days till I book ADRs. Tomorrow we book flights (was waiting for Southwest to see how much they are, if they are more expensive than delta we're booking delta). We are shooting for a car rental but if it's to much we'll use Disney transportation (as much as I don't want to but it'll save us parking fees, car rental ect...it'd just be harder for us to grab fast food or whatever off site.) I'm excited and stressed at the same time.

Haha, that sounds about right! Strexcited.

So, we've gone ahead and booked. Getting there January 26, leaving February 1st. Six days in the park because I'm a madwoman, and we were like, "well...it's $10 more. Okay, like $80 more after the hotel...might as well have a leisurely time of it."

Today I've been using my lunchbreaks to start trying to plan an itinerary. I know the travel agent can help with that but, heh, I think I'm a bit of a control freak too. (It's my best friend's first time ever going to Disney, and I've been dreaming of taking him for years. I'm trying not to get to hung up on "Everything must be PERFECT" and "I WILL MAXIMIZE THE FUN!" but ooooh, it's hard!)

I'm so excited! Restaurants! Rides! DISNEY!

We would like to be added to the roll call please! Doing a split stay between Copper Creek and beach club. We are DVC at Copper Creek and Boardwalk but wanted to change it up to the Beach.... leaving on the 21st thru the 28th and for the first time staying in a 2 bedroom with the family!!! So happy to see this thread and plan with all of you! Thanks for taking this on.

Haha, that sounds about right! Strexcited.

So, we've gone ahead and booked. Getting there January 26, leaving February 1st. Six days in the park because I'm a madwoman, and we were like, "well...it's $10 more. Okay, like $80 more after the hotel...might as well have a leisurely time of it."

Today I've been using my lunchbreaks to start trying to plan an itinerary. I know the travel agent can help with that but, heh, I think I'm a bit of a control freak too. (It's my best friend's first time ever going to Disney, and I've been dreaming of taking him for years. I'm trying not to get to hung up on "Everything must be PERFECT" and "I WILL MAXIMIZE THE FUN!" but ooooh, it's hard!)

I'm so excited! Restaurants! Rides! DISNEY!

@Truxi, what resort did you end up at? Let me know and I will add you to the roll call.

We would like to be added to the roll call please! Doing a split stay between Copper Creek and beach club. We are DVC at Copper Creek and Boardwalk but wanted to change it up to the Beach.... leaving on the 21st thru the 28th and for the first time staying in a 2 bedroom with the family!!! So happy to see this thread and plan with all of you! Thanks for taking this on.

Welcome, @debedo! I've added you to the roll call. We are happy to have you join in! I can't wait to check out Copper Creek! It's first time there, and we are renting points - two studios.

Lol I’m glad I’m not the only one!

@lookame, I was able to book by going through the Low Fare Calendar! Got great times... A direct to MCO landing at 8:40 am so we will have a whole day to play, and a 1:35 direct home so we don't have to catch DME until around 10:30 or so! Yay!

Last edited:
@lookame, I was able to book by going through the Low Fare Calendar! Got great times... A direct to MCO landing at 8:40 am so we will have a whole day to play, and a 1:35 direct home so we don't have to catch DME until around 10:30 or so! Yay!
Where is the low fare calendar?

Thank you!!!! I just booked as well!

Found it! Thanks guys...I just did a google search. Now I’m debating with hubby about flight times and what the best option is...if we fly in on the flight he wants it’s almost $200 more expensive than delta...but if we fly in and arrive at midnight than it’s only $30 more expensive than delta and we wouldn’t need to do a split reservation, it’s out of the airport less than 10 mins away and includes bags...meanwhile delta we have to drive 2 hrs away for and pay for parking

2019 is now showing when you search the regular way also. :)

Just made our SW booking. A teense more expensive than I was hoping (the returning flight didn't have a $96 option boo), but overall, I'm pretty stoked-- arrive at 10am, leave at 7pm. Plenty of time to play! (And to explore Disney Springs our first day in!)

Just booked our flights for southwest! Arrive is less than ideal (it’s a good thing I had built into our itinerary rest/resort days the first few days) but it was the cheapest option and we fly out of the airport next to us instead of one 2 hrs away...so its easier. We arrive in Orlando at 12:10 am on the 5th...coming back home is much more ideal though. We’ll leave Orlando at 5 pm which allows us to add a Park day if we want a send off or we could go to Disney Springs. I like the sound of an extra Park day since crowds will be much lower lol

Oh and we got direct flights both ways!

Just booked our flights for southwest! Arrive is less than ideal (it’s a good thing I had built into our itinerary rest/resort days the first few days) but it was the cheapest option and we fly out of the airport next to us instead of one 2 hrs away...so its easier. We arrive in Orlando at 12:10 am on the 5th...coming back home is much more ideal though. We’ll leave Orlando at 5 pm which allows us to add a Park day if we want a send off or we could go to Disney Springs. I like the sound of an extra Park day since crowds will be much lower lol

Oh and we got direct flights both ways!

We got direct flights too - they are so much better, especially in the winter. I'm so excited! One step closer and one more item checked off the list. Now, if those pesky park calendars would just hurry up and get posted so I can finalize my dining plans...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter