January 2022 Trip Reports

Looks like some storms just went through this morning. Hope everyone still has an awning. looked Like wicked weather (but not snow) hope everyone is safe.
The bad stuff on radar was quick through here. Nothing but some rain. Awning hasn't been out all week, so good there. It looks to be out of here by 10 and then slow clearing the rest of the day. They did say iot would be windy.

Vince, let us know where you ended up.

Ed, The site right behind me on the 1500 loop opened up yesterday and is still open this moring. Not sure of the site number, but looks to be a pretty good one.

j

Yesterday was an AK day. We had only planned on a partial day there as we had dinner reservations at the new Steakhouse 71 (former Wave) at the Contemporary. More on that later.

We got to AK about 0810 for an 0830 park opening. We drove over so we could hit Target/Walmart on 192 afterwards. We were in the park before official early open and headed straight to FoP. It was already over an hour wait and about half way through, they announced it was running at "reduced capacity" so our wait would be longer. The app never showed more than 90 minutes, but our wait was right at 2 hours. It was nearly 11am now. The bird show (forgot what it's called now) was starting at 11, so we walked over to see the show. I like the new show. Cute 30 minutes. The only other thing we wanted to do before leaving was FotLK. It was cancelled earlier in the week. The first showing yesterday wasn't until 1pm. We wandered a bit. Watched the performers in Africa and then got in the standby line for FotLK about 1230. The show was good. Abbreviated, but still entertaining. No Tumble Monkeys and they did a great job distancing the performers without impacting the show. I liked it, but can't wait for the original to come back.

Then it was off to Target for some groceries and a stop by Krispy Kreme. We don't have a KK near us at home and I love those donuts.

I had some time in the afternoon, so I checked the water in the coach batteries, just to find half of them REALLY low. When we bought the coach last year, the dealer had cleaned up the batteries and coated the terminals. I asked if he topped off the water and he said yes. There was no way as low as they were in less than a year. Not sure how damaged they are. I guess I'll find out.

Then we headed to the Steakhouse 71. I had read good things online and was looking forward to a good steak. When we ordered, the server asked if we had been there before. I said ony as the Wave. She said "forget everything you remember about the Wave. Steakhouse 71 is completely different." She was right. All 3 of us order filet mignon. Donna's came out very well done (ordered medium). They did promptly replace it with one that was only medium well, but at least edible. All 3 were an odd shape. Something between a ribeye and a sirloin. Certainly not a filet. Mine was somewhat tough and even had a strip of grizzle. Not something I expected in a true filet mignon. Here is a pic. The potatos au gratin were good.

20220115_185125_copy_2016x1134.jpg

The rest of the meal was good, but despite the name, I wouldn't recommend Steakhouse 71 for a steak.The server was right. It definitely wasn't the Wave. We liked the Wave.

Today is an off day. I think we may resort hop and ride the Skyliner for a bit. The rain came through early and is gone now. They said it should slowly clear the rest of the day.

j

Last edited:
Yesterday was an AK day. We had only planned on a partial day there as we had dinner reservations at the new Steakhouse 71 (former Wave) at the Contemporary. More on that later.

We got to AK about 0810 for an 0830 park opening. We drove over so we could hit Target/Walmart on 192 afterwards. We were in the park before official early open and headed straight to FoP. It was already over an hour wait and about half way through, they announced it was running at "reduced capacity" so our wait would be longer. The app never showed more than 90 minutes, but our wait was right at 2 hours. It was nearly 11am now. The bird show (forgot what it's called now) was starting at 11, so we walked over to see the show. I like the new show. Cute 30 minutes. The only other thing we wanted to do before leaving was FotLK. It was cancelled earlier in the week. The first showing yesterday wasn't until 1pm. We wandered a bit. Watched the performers in Africa and then got in the standby line for FotLK about 1230. The show was good. Abbreviated, but still entertaining. No Tumble Monkeys and they did a great job distancing the performers without impacting the show. I liked it, but can't wait for the original to come back.

Then it was off to Target for some groceries and a stop by Krispy Kreme. We don't have a KK near us at home and I love those donuts.

I had some time in the afternoon, so I checked the water in the coach batteries, just to find half of them REALLY low. When we bought the coach last year, the dealer had cleaned up the batteries and coated the terminals. I asked if he topped off the water and he said yes. There was no way as low as they were in less than a year. Not sure how damaged they are. I guess I'll find out.

Then we headed to the Steakhouse 71. I had read good things online and was looking forward to a good steak. When we ordered, the server asked if we had been there before. I said ony as the Wave. She said "forget everything you remember about the Wave. Steakhouse 71 is completely different." She was right. All 3 of us order filet mignon. Donna's came out very well done (ordered medium). They did promptly replace it with one that was only medium well, but at least edible. All 3 were an odd shape. Something between a ribeye and a sirloin. Certainly not a filet. Mine was somewhat tough and even had a strip of grizzle. Not something I expected in a true filet mignon. Here is a pic. The potatos au gratin were good.

View attachment 639518

The rest of the meal was good, but despite the name, I wouldn't recommend Steakhouse 71 for a steak.The server was right. It definitely wasn't the Wave. We liked the Wave.

Today is an off day. I think we may resort hop and ride the Skyliner for a bit. The rain came through early and is gone now. They said it should slowly clear the rest of the day.

j

Bummer on the batteries. I'm too forgetful (read lazy) for batteries that need maintenance. Frustrating that "certified" technicians need to be checked behind constantly.

If you didn't tell me that was a filet, it looks pretty good.

Tom and I have been working on a little project here in the motorhome while the weather passes. In case there are any doubts the shiplap wallpaper will be covering the strange brown textured paper that came with the coach. Our DD gave us a family portrait done as a character which I will hang here.52839D99-B1A0-4616-BE69-E48111D2DBC2.jpeg

View attachment 639518

j

Filets are usually round in my experience. And looks like they touched it up with a flamethrower.

Glad you caught your batteries, hopefully not too much damage. I hope to get this season out of ours, then will need new ones. Dealer probably did the same wipe off make it shiny when I told them to change the oil before we bought it. Will have that changed this year. Luckily have a cummins dealer about 35 minutes away that does all the RV work.

Yea, its not been fun . Cant wash, fingers are numb doing anything . Ears are red . Sliding around on solid ice from last weekend's ice storm (that never thawed) . Was going to try to get up on the roof and clean off the Solar panels (175w x2) ............nope . not worth it. 1st time I have ever seen the pink antifreeze freeze to a VERY hard slush in the toilet . Wouldnt even flush at first . Now we have to worry if we are going to get snowed in before we leave. Gotta love PA !
The Poconos is a whole other level of PA weather right there ! We are more central PA .
FW cant come fast enough !

Now that we are in Central PA a bit better than the Poconos for sure weather wise. We hang out just west of Harrisburg. Only bad part is we live on a state road so the plows do a number burying the driveway. Well the day started sunny with blue sky, now overcast, and see how much snow we get.

There is an Allegro in 1916 I thought was you, but it has Connecticut plates.
Didn’t bring the rv, didn’t want to get caught up in any of the ice storms coming down or heading back, that and the gas that it would take. :faint:
so we are in our tent again. Haven’t been to the Fort since Oct. 2019. Looking forward to meeting more members.

Tonights plans is going over the Springs and some grocery shopping for the week.

Getting caught up again on yesterday afternoon.

The girls got out for a little walk and we just love all the Spanish Moss here at LLSP.

We got some nice pictures at sundown of the pier behind our comfort station.

Mars I think up over the camper across the road.

This morning (Sunday) the line of rain showers was headed our way but we had time to get up and get our showers at the comfort station and back to the camper before the rain started.

At about 8am, DD's phone went off with a tornado warning so we headed back to the comfort station for shelter. Here was the message:

Holy SMOKES that's where I am! Only the rotation was over the main Lake Louisa itself which is not near the camper area (the little lake behind us is called Dixie Lake).

Main Lake Louisa in the screen grab below is the big lake in the middle under the red. We campers are near one of the smaller lakes below it. It was gone in just a few minutes and the rain was done by 930am. Been a little gusty since then but sky is clear.

We found a nice church in Orlando (College Park neighborhhood) to attend this morning and this afternoon was invited to a friend's house for lunch. One last stop at WalMart after that for last needs then back to LLSP and hitched up the camper to the truck with just the two rear jacks out. In the morning we can drop the roof, unplug, and crack the jacks then pull out. I hope there is an empty site tonight in 1500 that I can get right away. If not, I'll wait for one.

See you Fort folks tomorrow as we can. We have a dinner ADR at DS and Tuesday rope drop at MK.

Bama Ed

We have been resort hopping all day. It is 8pm and we are on the bus from HS back to the Fort.

I'll take a swing through 1500 to see what is open. There is a class B camper van in the site behind me now.

j

Whew!

Busy day for an "off day". No parks todays, but we did hit 8 resorts plus the Boardwalk, while riding the boats, monorail, Skyliner and buses. I had more steps today than the last 2 days at MK or AK. Plus, my class started last weekend and I had quizzes to grade tonight.

Tomorrow, Donna is working. Ian and I will rope drop EPCOT (not so bad as early opening is only at 0930). Donna will join us after work for a dinner reservation at Tepan Edo. We will probably stay to see Harmonious again.

j

We turned 5 nights into 8 nights and I sure don’t want to leave out today. I’m not done yet…

Despite not having any park days, it turned out to be our best trip to date.

I’m going to take a quick shower and start packing up.

We are over here in 1809 and will be till close to 11 if anyone wants to stop by and say hello or goodbye. I hope to squeeze in one more round on the golf cart before we go if possible and say hello if time allows.

E9D954AD-80D2-498B-9E09-FA2843499ACC.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter