January Challenge

Holly - The more you do, the more you're motivated to get more done! Going to a crop would definitely help. Also, pre-sorting and pre-cropping helps a lot too. Finally, are you making it too complicated? If you're that far behind, you may want to do simpler layouts until you get more caught up. Sorry, it's the CM in me. I'd love to do more complicate LOs, but I would never get anything done and would feel too overwhelmed to start!

There are other ways to speed things up too. PM me if you need more hints.

Good luck!

Well.... I'm in with two that I did today.... I don't love them, but they are done....P

wtpclc said:
Finally, are you making it too complicated?

I think that might be exactly what my problem is. I want my Disney Cruise scrapbook to be perfect, so I agonize over every little page. My Animator's Palate page sat there for weeks because I just couldn't decide how to convey the place changing colors (don't ask...I'm just weird that way). I finally had a brainstorm yesterday and was finally able to complete the pages. Unfortunately, I tend to want to do things chronologically (okay, can you say "anal"), so while I was waiting to get inspired about AP, I could have completed the next several pages because I know what I want to do for them. I think I might just need to relax a little bit and just start enjoying scrapbooking again and stop looking for perfection!

Holly,

I think a lot of us want to scrap chronologically - or whatever "order" we've decided is best for the particular book we're working on. So don't worry about that.

Carrie is right though about pre-sorting and cropping. I've found that this is a MAJOR time saver. Maybe because it just doesn't seem quite so monstrous a job then.

Good luck!
Deb

Am I the only one who doesn't crop her pictures???!! Rarely will I crop them and only then if there is something really distracting in the background!! (And never shapes... those freak me out... even circles!!) If you see a circle or oval in my layouts, know that I have probably spent HOURS looking at it wondering how to fit it in... sadly, the same goes for a picture that is tilted... LOL!!! (Seriously!!) Go ahead... make fun!! ;)

Minnie&Mickey said:
I think that might be exactly what my problem is. I want my Disney Cruise scrapbook to be perfect, so I agonize over every little page. My Animator's Palate page sat there for weeks because I just couldn't decide how to convey the place changing colors (don't ask...I'm just weird that way). I finally had a brainstorm yesterday and was finally able to complete the pages. Unfortunately, I tend to want to do things chronologically (okay, can you say "anal"), so while I was waiting to get inspired about AP, I could have completed the next several pages because I know what I want to do for them. I think I might just need to relax a little bit and just start enjoying scrapbooking again and stop looking for perfection!

I feel your pain!! :rolleyes: I finished our 2002 Disney trip scrapbooks in September.... except for the last 4 pages that involved SpectroMagic.... I just COULD NOT find the right paper and get the right ideas for those pages! I was just stumped. I finally finished 2 for DD's book yesterday and will do something similar for DS's book... but I don't love them... but at least they are done and I can move on!!............P

I ran into a similar problem with Animator's Palate too but I think the pages I did looked great. The other pages I had a problem doing was my sunset pictures from Key West. But those actually turned out better than I thought they would.

I can't pre-crop. I don't know why but I just can't. Usually I sit and look at a picture several times and then change my mind a couple of times. I do crop them if I need to bring something out in them but usually I don't crop them either. I do corner rounding and things like that to add some "bling" to them.

Count me in! :) I have 3 pages done that I did last night and with my upcoming trip, I will definitely have more! :)

I have to say that you are all making me feel much better about my slow scrapping! :blush: And all of your ideas have been great. I am thinking about going to a crop later this month. I'm just not sure how to prepare for it. I guess I just need to know what I am going to do in advance and bring the stuff that I know I will need. I work with the girl that is hosting the crop and she has been encouraging me to try one, so I think I will just break down and do it. Wish me luck!

I was able to sneak into my SB room yesterday and completed 2 pages. Yeah for me!!!

poked away and got another 2 page spread done yesturday!
I am at 7 now!
Lets see what I can get done tonight :wizard:

I got 1 page done tonight. Sat down, got started, did the page and decided to quit. I have had this sinus headache that has just been amazing and I couldn't complete the other page and keep going. So I'm up to 21. And I looked at my pages to take pictures to post but then I couldn't pull myself up to get up the stairs to get the camera and go back downstairs - how sad is that!!! :)

:jumping4: :Pinkbounc - DOIN THE HAPPY DANCE :Pinkbounc :jumping4:

I got another 2 page spread done last night!
Matthews class picture and pre-school picture
even did all the journalling about how he already got sent to the principals office :rolleyes:
those of you who have read my Matthew antics over the years will not be suprised...
he was just a little over-zealous in his attemp to 'help his little friend' put a puzzle away and that she wasn't 'doing it right'
(as long as the kid who bit him a month later got sent to the office too! - lord knows twisting someones arm is not as bad as biting!)

Now we have a SNOW DAY - so hopefully I can get a bunch done today - but I will be happy with 2 more!
SO I am at 9 now!

Well, I'm starting to get back in the swing of things again. I got 40 Christmas photos printed last night. So, hopeflly I can at least get some cropping done tonight.

ToDisney - some people just don't like to crop. That's fine. Maybe you're a better picture taker than the rest of us. Professionals don't need to crop, 'cause they don't have excess in their pictures. Even if I have the rare photo that does not need to be cropped, I always corner round. It just makes it look so finished.

Well I told myself since I don't have any night classes at the moment I will scrap at least one evening a week. I guess the scrapping Monday night during Scouts will have to count for this week. Tues & Wed by the time I got home from work and we finished dinner I just got way too lazy (and it wasn't that late). Maybe tonight...

Deb

Well I'm on the boards with 1 page done! It's a start. I'm doing dd's cheerleading page right now and that's kind of fun, then I'm back to a Disney trip to finish that off, lots of fun! :cheer2:

pjilla...I did the same thing with my spectromagic pages!! It took me months to get those 2 and a gorgeous shot of the castle at night in blue lights done. Finally figure out what I wanted...it's hard with some of them isn't it?

4 more for a total of 14. Can't get motivated... I'm trying to do a Disney Quest page... thought I had it done, but I hated it, so now it's just sitting there. Maybe tomorrow.

Another 2 page spread
and
a BIG poster Board thing for The Club - of the Lifetime Members Dinner (I won't count it but it was my scraptime for the evening and it came out GREAT I must say - considering the pictures were from 1999 and they had taped them all down - then wripped them all up and they were all curling and had to 'fix' them all and use double sided tape to get them down flat!

sooo thats 13 + the poster!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter