January WISH, Journey into January with hope and joy!

Summer2018

DIS Veteran
We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers. So, hop aboard and post your personal goals.

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:
MOTIVATION MONDAY - TOPIC TUESDAY - WOOHOO WEDNESDAY - THANKFUL THURSDAY - FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY - SOCIAL SATURDAY - SELF-CARE SUNDAY

January Schedule:

1/2/23 - 1/8/23: Summer2018
1/9/23 - 1/15/23: Oneanne
1/16/23 - 1/22/23: PAsFab5
1/23/23 - 1/29/23: PollyannaMom
1/30/23 - 2/5/23: ShannyMcB

Last night was pretty boring...the sacrifices you make for your child. We didn't drink so that we would both be sober when driving to pick up DD from her party. New Year's Rockin' Eve just really didn't do it for me. Back in the day, I loved watching if I was home. Disneyland did look beautiful, but it just made me wish I was there instead of in my living room counting the hours until we could pick her up and go to bed. There wasn't anything else on...no classic movies worth watching.

Our steak dinner was delicious, so that would be the high point of the evening. At midnight, we followed the Irish tradition of opening the doors to let the old year out and the new year in. Fireworks were going off in the neighborhood.

We got her home safely after coming too close to having a car accident with someone who swerved into us. DH swerved in response to avoid being hit. That person should not have been driving.

So, yes. It's not fun to stay sober on NYE, but we got our daughter home safely. That's all that really matters.

I pray that we all remain safe and healthy in the coming year...

“MAY GOD GRANT YOU ALWAYS A SUNBEAM TO WARM YOU, A MOONBEAM TO CHARM YOU, A SHELTERING ANGEL SO NOTHING CAN HARM YOU, LAUGHTER TO CHEER YOU, FAITHFUL FRIENDS NEAR YOU, AND WHENEVER YOU PRAY, HEAVEN TO HEAR YOU.”

Irish Blessing

Happy New Year 2023!!!🥂🍾

Happy New Year! It was low key like normal last night. DD and I watched FBI and would turn on the count down shows. DH watched the OSU game and DS was playing video games. Today has been much the same. We did have pork and cabbage and noodles for dinner.

I hope everyone has a great year!

Had a lot of fun in town last night. Afterwards we went to my niece’s did Second Christmas and at midnight opened the doors and windows. Went back over this morning for brunch of round foods, answered a bunch of questions about 2022 and what we’re planning for 2023. Then also wrote down things we want to leave behind and then burned the paper.

Didn’t hear back from the Agent repping the rental house, but really didn’t expect to because of it being the holiday weekend. Did walk over and check it out, peek in windows etc and it is really cute and looks to be in good shape. Tomorrow I’ll fill out an application and request a viewing again. My Niece and Nephew in law will act as my proxy and do a video walk thru for me. So many things are clicking right now that this is for me, just need to see it happen!

Last edited:
Had a lot of fun in town last night. Afterwards we went to my niece’s did Second Christmas and at midnight opened the doors and windows. Went back over this morning for brunch of round foods, answered a bunch of questions about 2022 and what we’re planning for 2023. Then also wrote down things we want to leave behind and then burned the paper.

Didn’t hear back from the Agent repping the rental house, but really didn’t expect to because of it being the holiday weekend. Did walk over and check it out, peek in windows etc and it is really cute and looks to be in good shape. Tomorrow I’ll fill out an application and request a viewing again. My Niece and Nephew in law will act as my proxy and do a video walk thru for me. So many things are clicking right now that this is for me, just need to see it happen!
:cheer2:

Happy New Year everyone!! 🎉

Our New Year’s Eve was good, DH and I went out around 5pm and parked downtown and walked to 2 restaurants and had a appetizer and drink at both. We were home by 9pm. We were so full, we brought half of each appetizer home. DH was reheating one for a snack last night, and he ate the other one for breakfast! We must be getting old LOL.

Yesterday our New Year’s Day celebration went very well, everyone enjoyed the food, we had roasted pork and sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, fried sauerkraut and dumplings, roasted Brussel sprouts, roasted carrots, corn and chocolate silk pie. The weather was absolutely gorgeous-60 and sunny, I had the windows open!

The kids were able to play outside and it was just lovely!

I started a 12 week fitness program on YouTube yesterday, this will be my 3rd January doing a program so my 2023 goal is to finish it on time!

I hope everyone had a great 2023 so far ❤️

Well, my mattress arrived at 9:00am...Yay!!!

Getting my old mattress and bed downstairs and out of the house...yikes! Moving a king size tempurpedic is no joke, but it's done. The new mattress was so heavy, it took two delivery men to get it on our closed-in porch. DH and I couldn't begin to move it. Fortunately, our neighbor was home, and he came right over to help. If not for him, God only knows how we would have gotten it upstairs. Assembling the bed, we discovered they sent a larger mattress than I ordered. We certainly are not returning it, but I guess I will be giving DD my new tempurpedic topper since it is too small for my new mattress. I ordered a new larger topper and fortunately got it on sale. The headboard still works, so all in all, it's fine. It took 4 hours beginning to end, but my bed is set up and made with my new quilt.

I don't dare mention hanging my new paintings to DH...I think he would kill me. He's watching football now (I'm not a football fan, but I would be a jerk if I changed the channel after all of his hard work). So, I will suck it up.

My motivation for this, the first week of the new year... getting moving!

So far today 10 bags have been dropped off at GW, I've re-requested a viewing of the house and I've submitted the rental application! Next up I'm going to get my hair colored. It'll be a barely there lavender, mostly I want it to be opaque... my natural color is very translucence because white is actually the absence of any color. When I get home I'll be clearing out the recycle and getting more stuff ready for GW, I plan on at least two more trips this week.

I cannot believe how much of nothing I can accomplish!!! I think it is just what I needed before returning to work tomorrow.

Now that DH is retired again, I have no excuse for sleeping in since there will be no alarm going off later! So tomorrow I'm back to o'dark thirty yoga. I did my usual weights routine (so tiny but better than nothing) and have added planks and push ups every day for 2023.

It's 445am...DD woke up about an hour ago laughing to herself and wouldn't settle back down so I am sitting on her floor making sure she is at least resting. Sleep regression is fun. But I assumed this would happen with the progress she is making with her speech device and using the potty.

Hoping this does not become routine though! 😅

Need to get back to moving and working on my core. I have been slacking off since October and it's becoming an issue now with back pain at night. Yesterday I didn't get many steps but I did do a lot of stairs during the laundry process. Also did my virtaul pt which is getting progressively harder in the stretches I am assigned which I know will be good in the long run.

Hopefully she doses soon...I would like to get at least a little more sleep.

Happy Tuesday!!!

@Summer2018 how was your sleep on your new mattress?!?

@Oneanne your a inspiration to me to get stuff out of the house!!!

I am motivated in 2023 to do a few things:

Wash my face and put on some tinted moisturizer every morning BEFORE starting work (often I do this mid morning) although I will not be going back to the office, I need to get into a small routine before starting my shift at 630am.

Complete my 12 week workout program

Follow and track with Weight watchers and stay in my points until mid April when DH and I go on our long weekend trip

So these are my goals-hoping for the best!!!

The prospect of moving has consumed my thoughts and interrupted the laying out intentions for 2023, but I do have a few things:

1. Is of course moving! This morning I got an email notice that they have run the background check and it is, well, very boring with nothing on it. Which is exactly what you'd want to see with a prospective tenant. So things are progressing, and I don't think they would have run it if the house was already rented.

2. I am calling in my People. The past couple years I've been open to friends and romance coming in to my life, but this year I am calling them in, like picking up the cosmic phone and saying "hey, want to come over and do something?" And I think this dovetails with moving up to PT, as I've long felt that's where my friends are.

3. Read at least one book per month. And guess what, I already have a stack of books that will take me thru August... but of course that isn't going to stop me from buying more!

4. Being vibrant and healthy is the big goal, but I also have a number in mind... I'd like to lose 30 pounds this year, which is less than a pound a week so seems pretty reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter