Jen's Journal.....Baby Steps to a new me

So sorry to hear that your leg is bothering you. I hope you feel better soon!

Sounds like you are still being consistent about going to Curves, good for you! Keep up the great work!

Have a Happy Holiday! Catch up with you next week...

well i forced myself out of bed today to try to get to curves..i did one round,,then my left leg started to bother me again..i dont want to be hurt for disney, but i dont wanna go to the doctors for something this little---errrr...its just a pain..thanks for letting me vent--have a good holiday everyone!

Sorry to hear about your leg hurting ... sometimes though, it's better to just "play through the pain" ... I have a leg injury that goes back to Summer 2003 ... At first I thought I had pulled a hip flexor muscle (playing Ultimate Frisbee), after a few days, the pain went away, and I forgot about it. Fast forward to September/October 2003 ... it starts bothering me again, to the point where I can barely walk. I talk to one of the people at my school's health services, they say there's nothing they can do, tell me to stretch out, and take some ibuprofen. Doesn't really help much, but at least gets me to the point where I can walk again. Eventually the pain goes away, and I forget about it (again). Didn't give me any problems for the rest of 2003, and most of 2004 (played Ultimate again Summer '04, with no problems all season), and now in the past week or so, it's started bothering me again. Not as bad this time ... I can walk fine, just a little bit of pain.

I figure I'll just ignore the pain ... it hasn't stopped me from doing anything, and at this point in time, its just an inconvinience, not a major holdup.

(of course, your situation could be completely different, so none of this advice may apply to you)

Congrats on the weight loss.

thanks eric
jay-nee....i guess i am just gonna hvae to work out with my leg hurting..i cant afford NOT to , u know? errr well have a good xmas, well catch up next week!

well of course couldnt go to curves yesterday or today..so ive kinda been being a bum..didnt do TOO bad eating, had a few cookies, but how could i not hehe..figure i have the next 2 weeks to work out before disney..then ill be walking allll around disneyso well see how that goes..
so today i have been bumming it around and got my hair cut..13 more days till disney :)

Wow 13 days until Disney! You're gonna have a blast! Take good care of that leg, you'll sure need it in good shape for the walking :cool1:

Glad to hear you did well with food-- I didn't do so well. Coming up on 24 hours of straight cookies and chocolate. Yikes!

Sundie

hi sundie :) thats the only good thing about not liking chocolate haha
im getting worried about my leg..i was limping all day..but i need to work out, ya know?

with less than 2 weeks till my trip, i cant even work out...i got out of bed today and my leg almost gave out...i dont want it to hurt on the trip..but i still have some more weight to lose...i dunno what to do--i dont want to go to the dr for this...so here i am LOL..hope everyones doing better t han me!!

Hey Jen! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I'm so sorry to hear that your leg is bothering you. Is there any way you could go to Curves and just work your upper body or do other things that won't impact your leg? Try taking ibuprofin, rest it but not too much, you don't want it getting stiff on you. You also might want to try icing it, put a bag of ice on it for 15 minutes, then off for 15 and then back on it again. Do that for an hour a day if you can and see if it helps. I totally understand about not wanting to go to the doctor if you can get out of it but honestly, if the pain isn't improved in a couple of days I would make an appointment. You want to be as healthy as possible for Disney! :teeth:

Hi Jen,
I'm so sorry to hear you leg hasn't improved. I agree with Michelle, you really sould make an apt. I'm the same way, I try to avoid dr apts as much as possible, but you've got BIG plans ahead of you!!!!! I hope you are ship-shape ASAP. :boat:

Sundie

I am so sorry to hear that you leg is bothering you... Don't let it go too long Kiddo! You want to be ready for all that walking at WDW!

I hope you are doing better today. :-) ((Sending you lots of get better thoughts!))

Thank God for being finicky for you, 'cause you probably did great during the holidays!

Take care of yourself and I like Princess Michelle's idea about going to Curves for upper body only, great idea! Maybe you can do two circuits of upper body and skip all the lower body stuff until you feel better.

Keep focused, you are doing great!

Thanks guys!! i know i should go if it still hurts, but i am SO stubborn. but now im getting down to 11 days to disney--but WHOS counting?!
i think i am going to make myself go to curves this afternoon--shopping for disney this morning :) now this is going to MAKE me go to curves--thanks guys,,i needed thatp ush..ii figured no one would post, so no one would know if i went hehe

hope you guys are doing g ood too :_)

we're watching you! :-) Just kidding, but I do read your journal when I am on the comp. It's just that I'm not on the comp much. At least not everyday, but I check in on my days off usually once or twice. Today it's twice, 'cause I did my WI. I am so excited! I lost 2.5 lbs! Now a total of 8 and only 29 to go now (sounds better than over 30 to me right now!).

Keep up your great work and be really careful with your leg. You'll want to walk at WDW, right?

See ya 'round...

congrats on losing all that weight! that is awesome--i am going to go to curves in an hour and i will weigh myself on Friday--i am hoping to be down 2 more lbs to 145 to meet my new years goal...well see :)

hi michelle--i did end up going to curves..i walked on all of the recovering stations...and then did most of the other ones...except i didnt use my left leg when i was doing the leg machines..but its better than nothing...i really need to get this in shape
thanks for checking in with me :)

Michelle--thank you so much!! i couldnt go work out today, bc my grandmother made me do the family stuff haha...i cant go tomorrow because i am babysitting 7am-8pm..but while the boys nap, i will do some exercises...
i REALLY want to make my new years goal, which was 5 lbs..i am down 3 as of a couple weeks ago, but i will weigh my self friday--i would LOVE to be down to 145..seemsl ike im never going to make my goal :(...one thing after another keeps coming up..
sorry just needed to vent! hope everyone else is doing good

Hey Jen! Good for you for figuring out a way to get the exercise in today despite your schedule! How old are these boys you're babysitting? Toddlers should certainly give you plenty of exercise! :rolleyes:

Keep plugging away at the exercise and healthy eating and you WILL make goal!

TTFN-
Sharon

Thank you so much guys..i needed to hear that stuff today...yesterday i ended up watching the boys all day (they are 2.5 and 5.5) so couldnt go to curves,,but i did do some crunches, running and littlestuff while they were sleeping--better than nothing!
today, i was fully planning on going to curves...i could not get my self out of bed!! i stayed in bed till noon- which is not normal for me. but next week is my last weeek before vacation so i will go every day again--thanks guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter