Jen's Journal.....Baby Steps to a new me

Hi Jen. SO sorry to hear things have turned for the worse. My grandmother has alzheimers and she got violent too and had to be put into an assisted living facility before the family hoped. They wanted to have someone stay with her at home longer, but she just needs more care than that. It is very hard to see your loved ones going through times like this. We're thinking of you!!!

:hug: ,
Stacie

Oh Jen,

I am so very sorry. :sad1: I am praying for all of you.:grouphug: Sending extra prayers that Joe makes it home in time.:grouphug:

:hug: Jen,

One of the hardest things about cancer (especially brain mets) is that the meds and chronic pain can cause confusion and dementia. I am so sorry that your grandfather is suffering. I pray that they are able to make him comfortable and that your family can see him at peace before he dies. You are a strong woman, and I know that the coming months will be difficult for you. We will be here for YOU.

:hug:
Beth

Hi guys-
I went down the shore after work-You can tell there is a change in his breathing--we suspect there is fluid on the lungs due ot the sound of the breathing. Mom is spending the night in the room again as the doctor said "its a matter of time"
I will b e headed down again tomorrow after work...Luckily, work is being great about this..Im able to leave at a moment's notice if necessary. I was also told that i can take tomorrow off if we get a call in the middle of the night..im thankful for the people i work with!

Well im goingm to try to get some sleep--have a great night..and thank you again

I imagine tomorrow will be difficult for your family. Know that you are all in my prayers. We're here for you, sweetie.

:hug:
Beth

Hi guys-Just a quick update. After work yesterday i went to the hospital and stayed over night--i just got home for some sleep and food, and then ill head back to the hospital for tonight . He has a bit of a fever and had a seizure last night..

i think im taking my computer with me tonight so ill be sure to update

Hey guys-Just wanted to let you know that grandpa passed away at 7 this morning. my mom and i were in the room with him so he was not alone. he died very peacefully, and for that I am thankful.
It has been harder than I thought it would be, since we were expecting it. But i feel as though I have been crying all day..I just sat down for a couple hours and went through albums and pictures to make copies of since i am working on the photo board for the viewing.

Thanks for your prayers

I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure he felt your presence at the end. I know that you knew it was coming, but that really doesn't change the sense of loss when it happens. You can't really prepare for that, sweetie. Let me know if I can do anything.

:hug: and prayers,
Beth

Tracy and Beth-thank you!

Its been alot harder than i thought it would be honestly..im having a hard time emotionally..Im trying to hang in there.. I took off of work til THursday.
Thanks for beinig there

Hey girl. Thinkin' about you and your family. :hug:

Hang in there this week.

Call me anytime (and stop apologizing when you actually DO) :goodvibes

Hi guys-
Sorry i havent checked in. Things are going okay. I had off from work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Im so glad the viewing and funeral are over but im having a really hard time. Im trying to hang in there, but still cant.

Ill be around more often now, have a great weekend and thanks again for everything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter