• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jet Blue from JFK ?'s

gfolchick

DIS Veteran
We have never flown JetBlue before. A few questions-
1. what kind of snack is usually served (we have a peanut allergic child, just want a heads up if it's peanuts)
2. Is there pre-assigned seating or is it open like Southwest?
3. How far away are gates from terminal check-in,is it a long walk?

We've been flying Southwest lately from Hartford which is very convenient but Jet Blues prices are much better (and the TVs for the kids might not hurt too). Any help appreciated.

I have never flown Jetblue, but my neighbor just got back from Disney did. She has a dd who has a life threatening allergy to peanuts and didn't mention that peanuts were served. Her dd just has to catch a whiff of a peanut and goes into an attack. She only had praises for the airlines. Just to be safe, call the airline and ask. She said she will only fly Jet blue from now on (and it was out of JFK)

JetBlue out of JFK is great! They have their own little hub. In JFK they have the JetBlue Cafe. YOu can take whatever snacks and drinks you want.

You have assigned seats. The walk from the check in counter to the gates is not far. :)

The TV was awesome. I watched it the entire flight and never even saw takeoff or landing.

...thumbs up for JetBlue!!!! The service (in the terminal AND in the air) was excellent, the terminal was clean (although it WAS a long walk from curbside to actual gate) And, there was quite a selection of goodies to choose (my vote is for the blue chips - YUM!!)

I would DEFINITELY fly JetBlue again!! (in fact, I was are trying to book ressies with them on the internet...:D )

My DS's loved watching the map on their tv screen to follow the flight pattern of the plane, as well as how fast and high we were travelling.....:eek:

JET BLUE ROCKS!!!!!

they are really nice seats and the TV is awesome.

you get to pick what kinda snack you want. (there is like Chex mix, cholate chip cookie, blue chips, and some more, and u also get soda/juice, etc).

I dont know about the check in counter since I few into JFK from Syracuse, but all the gates are located together in one place, so ur not running across the airport to find you next flight..... the flight was nice and i would fly em again and i would fly them again and again and again :D

Snack is your choice.....But if I was you I would go for the blue chips!!!,,, the gate is a good walk from curbside but is well worth it.

The seats are assigned ...This will be the fourth time I am using Jet Blue to go to Disney.

The staff is very polite and always willing to help. I will stick with Jet Blue always due to the way they handled the whole Sept 11 issue. I was stuck down in Disney for a few days when it happened and could not return to JFK. They gave me all the help I needed by keeping me updated on departing flights. They comped us on everything when we flew home on Sept. 15. Drinks were free ,,all the snacks we wanted. The captain came out of the cockpit,,,shook the hands of the 28 people who decided to fly back home on that flight and welcomed us all aboard personally.

Jet Blue is a class act all around if you ask my opinion.

Rob

Thanks everyone!
I just finished booking and got $760 RT for 4 of us. That saved us over $200 from Southwest which was the cheapest fare I could find for our timeframe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter