• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

JTA today

rance

DIS Veteran
Hi
We arrived at gates at 8:30 for 9 am open.
I went to the left but was told only for breakfast ressie. I asked about procedure last week and she said that was just a trial.
So got in regular line and waited for the stampede. To be honest was not a good experience. People were very pushy and running. We walked to sign up and all 4 of our kids got signed up for 12:35 show.
Later when I asked they said it was full at 10:45.

Each class had 30 spots. One row of kids went on stage to fight Darth Vader the other row stayed on the ground and fought Darth maul. My kids fought Darth maul and were very happy with the experience.
Any questions feel free to ask but probably won't answer till after fantasmic :)

Hi
We arrived at gates at 8:30 for 9 am open.
I went to the left but was told only for breakfast ressie. I asked about procedure last week and she said that was just a trial.
So got in regular line and waited for the stampede. To be honest was not a good experience. People were very pushy and running. We walked to sign up and all 4 of our kids got signed up for 12:35 show.
Later when I asked they said it was full at 10:45.

Each class had 30 spots. One row of kids went on stage to fight Darth Vader the other row stayed on the ground and fought Darth maul. My kids fought Darth maul and were very happy with the experience.
Any questions feel free to ask but probably won't answer till after fantasmic :)

I meant to add there was no choice given on who to fight.

Thanks for the info. That's a little disappointing because I told my son he would fight Darth Vader. I didn't know they had others. Was it easy to see your kids if they weren't on stage?

We were there today, too. But we were first at the tapstyles, got there at 7:30. We walk/ran got the 10:05 show. There was only 1 group at that show who fought Darth, maybe they try to accommodate everyone by adding another Sith for the later shows.

There are usually two groups of kids for most sessions on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Smaller kids are on the stage and the taller kids are on the ground. On other days, Vader will be there for the one group that trains each session.

Any chance Darth maul would be there a week from this Sunday?

Thank you OP and ByrdGal for posting your experiences. Makes me realize I want to keep my my breakfast ADR.

It's been reported on other threads that this version of JTA is confirmed to close on October 4th. Maybe they will run double groups to get everyone in between now and the last day - you may get lucky!

Ultimately myDS5 would be happy with either but never having done Darth Maul I'm sure he would go nuts. So would my DS3 watching it.

They definately had the bigger kids on the ground...my kids were good with fighting darth maul but I was disappointed it wasn't vader....maybe because that's who I grew up with in the movies.
It was hard to see on the ground as darth maul had his back to me so blocked view of kids and couldn't get their faces in photos. There was a photopass guy there though.
Later in the day when we went on star tours it was back to darth vader only.

I will say the guy that played darth maul was very good. Overall a great day so just thankful they got to experience it.

I also wanted to add that Dhs was still a full day for us. We were there from rope drop till fantasmic and still missed stunt show and movie ride. One of my favourite parks still :)

My son did JTA last Friday. There were two groups of children and my son got to fight Darth Maul. This was the first time we had seen Darth Maul appear at JTA and my husband was pretty excited when he came out. Ha! The last time my son did JTA was in November and there was only on group on stage.

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions.

Would 49 inches be considered a big kid or little kid? I would like it if my son could make it on stage.

DS8 did JTA on the 15th (I think it was a Saturday). All of the kids were on the stage and they all fought Darth Vader. It was one of the highlights of the trip!

DS is 52 inches and he was in the middle of the group as far as height goes.

This is him (in the bright blue shorts):

jta.jpg

Live and Just Back threads are not allowed on TP&S Board. We have sticky at top of page explaining why.I will not issue a infraction or warning. I will move to Trip Reports Board for you'Thanks Danny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter