July 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread, Hello Sunshine!☀️

I love that quote! Adulting is hard sometimes, we have to just tell ourselves no lol!

When we eat out / get takeout, I try to focus on getting meats and veggies. My knee jerk would always be to get pasta, but I know that a small steak and steamed broccoli is so much better for me, so I try to focus on that.

Good luck today @Oneanne - I know change at work is hard :hug:

I'm officially in remission!! My end of treatment scan was this morning and the results are already posted. Complete metabolic response, no evidence of disease! So freaking glad to have that confirmed and ready to start August fresh.

I also got myself up to 10k as of my long run yesterday, so I've hit my goal of three 5ks, a 10k, and two cross-trains per week. I have about 7 weeks to work on pacing before the 10k I registered for in late September.

Weight has been moving a lot slower than I would like, but it's moving. We've got a big old San Diego / Disneyland trip in August, so I'm sure that month will be a wash, but I'm sure the number will come as I continue to rebuild my strength and endurance.

My motivation heading into August is to get my butt in gear with vacation and new school year planning, now that the weight of the cancer-what-if has been lifted. We fly in 17 days and I haven't finished my packing list!! (Which, yes, I know that's totally normal for some folks. For me, that's like saying we fly in 17 minutes and I haven't packed, lol!)
Wonderful news 🎉❤️🎉

Woohoo... I definitely needed to stress chew yesterday, but didn't do any damage to the number on the scale this morning.

Woohoo... I also needed to stress drive, so I went out to the farm stand to get an avocado and did not also get a chocolate orange popsicle. Even tho I wanted one.

And a sad woohoo that yesterday is now over. The people most upset by the changes got to keep their job class but were moved to a different Org. Evidently this is because a lot of people in that Org wanted to move to the new job class and most in ours wanted to stay in their job class. Sadly this is because of leadership in that Org, so while our folks seem to have gotten what they wanted they really got short changed. Today we start to pick up the pieces.

Woowhoo i went to see the Barbie movie last night, first time in a movie theater in legit 5 years...fun night with some great ladies.

Wanted nothing more than to curl up on the couch tonight but knew I should move somehow as I didn't hit my step goal. I wanted to do nothing, but knew I shouldn't, so I met in the middle and did a brief night time yoga stretch. Did I get "excersize" and work up a sweat? Nope. But did I do SOMETHING and get a decent stretch? Yup

DH had surgery today to fix his deviated septum. My WooHoo is that it was successful and he seems to have very light effects from the possible initial problems. They said there would be bad swelling and bruising and so far, those are both very minimal. I know it's early yet and tomorrow and Friday will probably be worse, but so far, so good - so WooHoo!

I am thankful that I have my monthly massage appointment today and that I have spin class this evening... I really need both.

I am thankful for the way the recent work changes have worked out for me, even tho I'm having some survivor's guilt for how they worked out for others. And I'm thankful for the opportunities that will come out of the change.

I have returned from my blissful vacation, and I definitely have the blues. I will be starting school in 18 days. I'm not looking forward to the first two months of school as they are the most difficult and demanding trying to lay down the routines with little people, the vast majority having no school experience. We are not allowed to set up our classrooms before school starts, yet they will tie us up in meetings and not allow us to be in our classrooms to prepare before students arrive...but also, we must be ready by the 28th.:sad2::sad: Talk about expecting the impossible. I will have a new administrator...no idea who will be taking over. Many teachers are jumping ship. We may not have paraprofessionals in kindergartens leaving 24 students alone with one teacher. It's all quite scary and overwhelming needless to say. There's a severe teacher shortage...hmmm, I wonder why. The thing is, teaching is my calling, and in spite of the outrageous nonsense, I will continue to teach, because it feeds my soul. So, I will pray for strength and patience.

I haven't had a chance to go back and read the posts from when I was gone, but it appears that we don't have an August schedule yet. It doesn't look like the August thread was launched either. If I am wrong, please post the link for August so I can join it.

August 7-13:
August 14-20: Summer:sunny:
August 21-27:
August 28-September 3:

Happy Friday! Tomorrow I'm taking my mom to a baby shower for my cousin's son and his wife. They live about 3 hours away, so it's going to be a long day, but excited to see everyone. Other than that, we don't have many plans.

We're looking for a weekend trip over Labor Day, so maybe we'll focus on that and try to find somewhere to go. I think that might be a good project for Sunday afternoon!

Happy Friday everyone. Over the weekend I'm going to be sticking close to home and working on the house and garden... both have been neglected of late. I'm also planning on going to see Barbie again and possibly getting lunch downtown.

I didn't get my steps or exercise minutes in yesterday, partly because I ended up canceling my spin class due to the UTI flaring up again. I thought I should do another flush and drank a ton of water, which seems to have helped because I feel better today. I'm hoping acupuncture this afternoon will help blast the rest of it away.

My WDW trip is now just 30 days away... not that I'm counting or anything.

Last edited:
I loved the Barbie movie, what I could see of it. We saw it at the Wellfleet Drive-in which we thought would be a great venue. We all dressed up in pink, DH included. Strangers were taking our pictures. There were some really cool outfits. It was great until the movie started. People were just downright rude parking their taller vehicles in front of others and keeping their hatchbacks open even after employees told them to put them down. My DH didn’t understand that DD and I could only see the top half of the screen because he could see from his spot, plus he is a lot taller than us. An argument ensued and 20 minutes later he finally moved our SUV over after realizing how badly our view was blocked. The teenagers working at the drive-in continued to try reasoning with the people blocking others’ view to no avail. These poor kids don’t get paid enough for the aggravation they have to tolerate. Ten years ago and many other times in my childhood, that drive-in was a fun place. It’s unfortunate that so many selfish people ruined the experience for the rest of us.

Next time we want to see a movie at the Cape, we’ll go to the indoor cinema. I really want to see the movie again, not only because I loved the storyline, but I really want to enjoy the visuals which I missed out on at the drive-in.

IMG_1934.jpeg

Don't necessarily disagree with this, altho lately outdoors time has not been doing yard work.

1691248254417.png

My Acupuncturist said I was the third person he saw yesterday with an UTI and he did have herbs for it, so UTI be gone. I'm going to see Barbie this afternoon, and after that I may be a lady of leisure for the remainder of the day... provided I get the rest of my indoor chores done this morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter