July 4th Newbies--Will This Work?

SaintsManiac

Wait for it.
Looking for some advice. I don't want to assume this will work. I'm guessing we should get to MK by 3.

• POTC Stand By

• Country Bears

• FP Splash-- 4:10

• FP Thunder-- 5:15

• Haunted Mansion stand by

• FP 7DMT -- 6:35

• PeopleMover

• Dessert Party check in 7:45
Am I being too ambitious?

May be slightly tight.

You'd be looking at the very back of the window for Splash, then going right to Thunder...which would work fabulous, but assuming you make Splash in time. I wouldn't be shocked if POTC standby is an hour. If it is, ditch the Bears.

Same deal with PeopleMover, you may have to ditch it. Even that can get a long line the night of July 4th.

May be slightly tight.

You'd be looking at the very back of the window for Splash, then going right to Thunder...which would work fabulous, but assuming you make Splash in time. I wouldn't be shocked if POTC standby is an hour. If it is, ditch the Bears.

Same deal with PeopleMover, you may have to ditch it. Even that can get a long line the night of July 4th.

Thank you. No problem ditching the Bears. I'm hoping we can do some things in Tomorrowland after the fireworks. I feel like we are going in VERY blind, so I am expecting chaos.

I don't mind waiting for the rides we really want.

I'm usually one who pooh-poohs the notions that WDW is "wall to wall" people, because it typically isn't and I think it's mostly hyperbole. However the hub of MK on the night of July 4th is an exception. It will be wall to wall people, except for the designated walking paths (the CMs do an amazing job with those). The park will be very crowded, it just is what it is. You can try seeing if JC standby is shorter than POTC when you get there...it'll probably be pretty similar. When you tap for 7DMT, give a shot at grabbing a 4th FP+ for after fireworks. I'd bet you will be surprised what you can get.

I'm usually one who pooh-poohs the notions that WDW is "wall to wall" people, because it typically isn't and I think it's mostly hyperbole. However the hub of MK on the night of July 4th is an exception. It will be wall to wall people, except for the designated walking paths (the CMs do an amazing job with those). The park will be very crowded, it just is what it is. You can try seeing if JC standby is shorter than POTC when you get there...it'll probably be pretty similar. When you tap for 7DMT, give a shot at grabbing a 4th FP+ for after fireworks. I'd bet you will be surprised what you can get.

Yep I will definitely try to grab some extra FPs. We've been during holidays, but have not been to MK ON an actual holiday. We aren't big JC fans, so we'll likely stick with POTC. It's tradition. :)

Slim chance. At that time of day the crowd will be huge. They will have extra cast members directing the flow of people making it very difficult to get to where you want to go. You need to be very flexible and be willing to take what's available.

It’s possible (but hasn’t happened in several years) that MK could reach a closure phase around 3.
Hopefully you are planning on taking a bus/monorail and don’t plan on parking at TTC that late on a busy day.

Piggybacking. :flower3:
If we are arriving for just the after dessert party at 8:15 on the 3rd (from Poly), will they have walking room still up Main Street? I was hoping to just head over around 7:30 and head to check in and to the garden area.
I assume they'd have paths open for walking thru, but thought I should ask incase we need to get there earlier.

It’s possible (but hasn’t happened in several years) that MK could reach a closure phase around 3.
Hopefully you are planning on taking a bus/monorail and don’t plan on parking at TTC that late on a busy day.

We are driving to AKL, checking in and then hopping on a bus.

Slim chance. At that time of day the crowd will be huge. They will have extra cast members directing the flow of people making it very difficult to get to where you want to go. You need to be very flexible and be willing to take what's available.

Not sure what you mean by take what's available? I already have FPs booked.

@SaintsManiac - I know I don’t have to tell you this, but one thing I’ve learned about 7/3-7/4 and 12/31 from going the last few years is to just be flexible and react when you need to adapt to conditions on the ground. I love those days and MK is very good at absorbing a lot of people, but it can be hard to stick to a plan.

Like @Klayfish mentioned, even small things like PeopleMover which you don’t usually have to put much thought in.... you can walk up and see a monster line you didn’t even know was possible. Or it might be smooth sailing.

Good luck!

Piggybacking. :flower3:
If we are arriving for just the after dessert party at 8:15 on the 3rd (from Poly), will they have walking room still up Main Street? I was hoping to just head over around 7:30 and head to check in and to the garden area.
I assume they'd have paths open for walking thru, but thought I should ask incase we need to get there earlier.

MK CMs are generally very good on these mega days at keeping paths clear and directing traffic, in my experience.

At times on these special days they also utilize things like the Main Street bypass during non-traditional times to help keep traffic flowing. You might want to take a glance over that way (between Tony’s and the Confectionary) to see if it’s open when you arrive. If it is, take it - it’ll dump you right out close to the dessert party check-in.

@SaintsManiac - I know I don’t have to tell you this, but one thing I’ve learned about 7/3-7/4 and 12/31 from going the last few years is to just be flexible and react when you need to adapt to conditions on the ground. I love those days and MK is very good at absorbing a lot of people, but it can be hard to stick to a plan.

Like @Klayfish mentioned, even small things like PeopleMover which you don’t usually have to put much thought in.... you can walk up and see a monster line you didn’t even know was possible. Or it might be smooth sailing.

Good luck!

Thank you. My main concern has been getting from one side to the other. I am not sure if we should switch FPs to the right side or not.

PeopleMover ALWAYS has a long line when we go. I don't know when that started. Like I said, I'm used to peak season. I am just concerned about navigating from left to right.

Thank you. My main concern has been getting from one side to the other. I am not sure if we should switch FPs to the right side or not.

PeopleMover ALWAYS has a long line when we go. I don't know when that started. Like I said, I'm used to peak season. I am just concerned about navigating from left to right.

Lol, yeah, as habitual inefficient park-crossers, I feel your pain. On the bright side, I’m always pretty impressed at how good MK CMs generally are at keeping paths free and moving. They put down a lot of ground tape and have a lot of CMs stationed around just to direct traffic. Not sure how early they start that though. Inevitably at some point in the evening it does become borderline hard/impossible to manage though.

All this 7/4 talk... bummed I’m not going this year.

Lol, yeah, as habitual inefficient park-crossers, I feel your pain. On the bright side, I’m always pretty impressed at how good MK CMs generally are at keeping paths free and moving. They put down a lot of ground tape and have a lot of CMs stationed around just to direct traffic. Not sure how early they start that though. Inevitably at some point in the evening it does become borderline hard/impossible to manage though.

All this 7/4 talk... bummed I’m not going this year.

You and @Klayfish have eased my mind a bit. I am so glad I have that dessert party booked!

When we went to MK around July 4th a few years ago, it was packed. There was a very long line for People Mover, I remember in particular, because I was so surprised by it.

You and @Klayfish have eased my mind a bit. I am so glad I have that dessert party booked!

We last did the dessert party for the early fireworks on 12/30. I’m usually not a fan of arriving to that thing on time - just so much time sitting around. But on this day we were happy as clams to check in on time, eat for a few minutes, then go hang out in the garden, enjoying the sights, sounds, vibe, (and crowds) building outside the garden barriers. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter