July 6, 2010 - 7/6/2010 ~ Pounds to Rubles ~ Mickey invades the Baltic Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deb.... What a scary thing. Glad you are ok but yikes.

We went to Stonehenge today. Flying to Atlanta tomorrow and driving back to Florida on Wednesday. My brother is in Atlanta so we get a quick visit with him. Back to work on Thursday. Still updating my blog. Posting this from the grand staircase at the Renaissance in London.

Deb.... What a scary thing. Glad you are ok but yikes.

We went to Stonehenge today. Flying to Atlanta tomorrow and driving back to Florida on Wednesday. My brother is in Atlanta so we get a quick visit with him. Back to work on Thursday. Still updating my blog. Posting this from the grand staircase at the Renaissance in London.

It was a wonderful cruise with you all. We did not do the FE but had a good time. Hope all had safe returns to home we are in Holland and on our way to Germany

Home in a daze. Been up for 21 hours and trying to stay awake to try to get back to PST.:surfweb:

THANK YOU everyone for all of the great FE gifts! We were amazed at all of the different treats that we received throughout the cruise:cool1: It was great to see our old friends and meet new ones! Now to plan another cruise! Oops, should unpack first. :laundy:

Hope you all have better homecomings than Deb! (Glad you're okay)

Yikes, Deb, glad you were ok. Ironic with all the traveling you just did, then to have that happen close to home.

DH John took a nasty fall Saturday on deck 9, our last sea day of the cruise. A storm had kicked up with high winds and rain, leaving the painted floor just before the aft elevator entry door slippery as ice. Poor thing slipped, could not catch his balance and took the spill. 3 CM's tried to convince him to go to Medical, but he just wanted to go on with the rest of the day.

He is feeling better, but caution to anyone out there on a rainy day.

Well I am exhausted after a full day of work today, even though we arrived home only last night. Off to bed now. Cheers all!

Forgot to mention earlier, there was a letter waiting for us when we got home from DCL advising us that the departure time from Stockholm had been amended. It was dated 29th June, strange that when I emailed them and got a reply on the 26th, there was no change. Wonder what happened in the three days to make them change their minds? Still had a wonderful time though, just a pity we had to cancel our Ice Bar visit.

Forgot to mention earlier, there was a letter waiting for us when we got home from DCL advising us that the departure time from Stockholm had been amended. It was dated 29th June, strange that when I emailed them and got a reply on the 26th, there was no change. Wonder what happened in the three days to make them change their minds? Still had a wonderful time though, just a pity we had to cancel our Ice Bar visit.

We got that same letter in our mailbox yesterday. Thought of you when I saw it.
Glad you both made it home-missed you at our dinner table last night.

What an awesome trip!!!! Great to see DCL is planning on returning in 2012 to the Baltic... If it was 10 degrees cooler in each port, it would have been absolutely perfect!

We got that same letter in our mailbox yesterday. Thought of you when I saw it.
Glad you both made it home-missed you at our dinner table last night.

Missed you too. Also missed having the empty dishes vanish before my eyes and full ones put back in front of me. Hope your trip home was uneventful? Ours was long but at least we got home slightly earlier.

What an awesome trip!!!! Great to see DCL is planning on returning in 2012 to the Baltic... If it was 10 degrees cooler in each port, it would have been absolutely perfect!

Really?-they are going back in 2012?

Yikes, Deb, glad you were ok. Ironic with all the traveling you just did, then to have that happen close to home.

DH John took a nasty fall Saturday on deck 9, our last sea day of the cruise. A storm had kicked up with high winds and rain, leaving the painted floor just before the aft elevator entry door slippery as ice. Poor thing slipped, could not catch his balance and took the spill. 3 CM's tried to convince him to go to Medical, but he just wanted to go on with the rest of the day.

He is feeling better, but caution to anyone out there on a rainy day.

Well I am exhausted after a full day of work today, even though we arrived home only last night. Off to bed now. Cheers all!

Hi CarolAnnC

Oh no, he must got a frighted what that had happened... I am glad to hear that he is okay....

I will telll Kids not to run when on a rainy day... but you didn't think that had happened because on Med 07 we didnt had much raining....apart from Pisa that morning...

Always something is it...

Scottishwee35

Phew!! We got home yesterday at 1pm, just to have my poor husband shower, re-pack and head back to the airport for work. Poor guy! :headache: Especially because during the 2 hours he was home, I heard a horrible, agonized sound emanating from the bathroom.....

"EIGHT POUNDS!! I GAINED EIGHT POUNDS!!! That's 1/2 a pound a DAY!!!! Arrrrrrghghghghghhg"

:rotfl:

Too many midnight "all hands on deck", I'd say.

We had such a wonderful cruise - made all the more so by the fish extender gifts. I loved them all, but because my memory is currently refreshed from some of the unpacking - the "Earmergency" kit came in very handy; the clothespin to close that drape (2 hours of almost-dark skies is really not enough) :laughing:; I loved the russian doll magnet... on and on.

Thank you to everyone!

And someone did attempt to swipe my FE - but I used the plastic tie idea and they only managed to twist it around a bit. There were a higher than usual number of teenagers on this cruise, and not all of them were well-mannered. :mad: Anyhow, if you were the family who delivered the last sea day, I was just getting a jump on my packing, and hopefully the other missing FE's were for the same benign reason.

A rant re the excursions - I brought home a form that I intend to send in with a letter regarding the Ball in St. Petersberg. I am sure that many people had a wonderful time - and I don't want to offend, but I was so disappointed at the cost vs. the amenities (the lack of water in the ball room for instance) that I could never recommend it. Our photo in the amber room was completely ruined by the blue footies (couldn't someone have taken them off my little one, once it was obvious she was being held for the photo?). And being harassed to buy musical instruments in the middle of the tour was really too much. Anyhow, that's my two cents about that particular adventure. :rolleyes1

Thank you to everyone who organized activities and the exchange. :goodvibes

Oh - and the doors were great! First prize went to Stateroom 7068, for a wonderful job of presenting all the countries we were visiting, plus the countries in the World Cup. I'll post a photo if I can remember how. An unexpected second prize went to Deb, because her door was also great - AND she made us a magnet and left it on her door. What was really funny is that I left the FE gift, took a photo of the door - as I did with all of them - and only then did it strike me that there was a magnet dedicated to my family... :rolleyes: (and I have to admit, I was absolutely stumped about what to do with *that* - do I steal the magnet, given that it had my name??? or do I leave it, because it's on *her* door?? - but what would she want with a magnet with my name on it?? either option made me look a bit bent:lmao:)

I have to edit here and say that the very neatest single decoration I saw was the cut out ship with all the family members in 3D.

We're doing the Alaska Cruise on June 21. Hope to see y'all there! :dance3:

We are home too! Got home Sunday. We used a car service I would never recommend to anyone. They were late by 1 hour and 20 minutes. It was clearly the obvious the driver had overslept. To make up for his lateness he was driving 90 mph to the airport. I had to work yesterday so, today I'm finally getting back to unpacking. I really enjoyed the FE gifts even though I totally did not deserve them. Sorry we missed the DIS meet, we were stuck at a DVC presentation that went over timewise. I was thinking we should have scheduled a 2nd DIS MEET on the last sea day as I was really bored out of my mind. We did meet Denise and her family and had a great time with them in St. Petersburg.

Overall we thought the cruise was good. We did a few tours that I really didn't care for. Our favorite stops were in order of preference: St. Petersburg, Olso, Stockholm (even with the shorten time but totally bummed about it), Copenhagen, Germany & then, Finland. What was everyone else's favorite ports? St. Petersburg definitely surprised me the most.

Oh and I thought the food at Topsider's was horrible. We stop eating there and ate at the sit down restaurants for breakfast and lunch. Our room steward was very stingy with toiliet paper and we couldn't figure out why. We ended up stealing it off the cart :lmao:

Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts on the cruise!

A rant re the excursions - I brought home a form that I intend to send in with a letter regarding the Ball in St. Petersberg. I am sure that many people had a wonderful time - and I don't want to offend, but I was so disappointed at the cost vs. the amenities (the lack of water in the ball room for instance) that I could never recommend it. Our photo in the amber room was completely ruined by the blue footies (couldn't someone have taken them off my little one, once it was obvious she was being held for the photo?). And being harassed to buy musical instruments in the middle of the tour was really too much. Anyhow, that's my two cents about that particular adventure. :rolleyes1

Thank you to everyone who organized activities and the exchange. :goodvibes
Bummer about the ball. I'd love to see your photos as we did not do that tour. We did a private tour in St. Peterburg and had a great time but we were a bit rushed. The venues were very CROWDED. It is amazing how big the city is. I had no idea. We still had a great time even though there was very little A/C and lack of cold water.

Cisco -

I'm working on posting my photos...

since you were next door to me, I'm pretty sure you had the same room steward we did, and really - we were not happy. The first night, the room was not cleaned by 8:30pm, and he said "I didn't know what rotation you had".

Uh, come again? :confused3

And I'm hoping that nobody stole your magnets - the Canada ones kept drifting.... :rolleyes1

I think it's great that you enjoyed Russia - I really wanted to. My favorites in order were

Germany (Berlin), Finland (Parvoo), Oslo, Copenhagen, Stockholm, St. Petersberg.

Between the Ball and the canal tour (our boat actually hit the deck so hard everything fell over), I am really wishing I was on your tours!:rolleyes:

IMG_1069.jpg

We made it back last night and now I am repacking for Taiwan. My flight leaves at 7:00 am tomorrow. Poor Ray-he's going to have to clean up. I just dumped everything out of the suitcase to re pack.

It was great meeting everyone. We had a great time!! We can''t wait to do it again. We'll I better go finish up.

Cisco -

I'm working on posting my photos...

since you were next door to me, I'm pretty sure you had the same room steward we did, and really - we were not happy. The first night, the room was not cleaned by 8:30pm, and he said "I didn't know what rotation you had".

Uh, come again? :confused3

And I'm hoping that nobody stole your magnets - the Canada ones kept drifting.... :rolleyes1

I think it's great that you enjoyed Russia - I really wanted to. My favorites in order were

Germany (Berlin), Finland (Parvoo), Oslo, Copenhagen, Stockholm, St. Petersberg.

Between the Ball and the canal tour (our boat actually hit the deck so hard everything fell over), I am really wishing I was on your tours!:rolleyes:

IMG_1069.jpg

Great picture. Thanks for sharing. I bought the stock photo of the princesses that they were selling in Shutters.

Okay... now that I know who you are. I'm glad that you had the same opinion of our room steward. I thought was going crazy. He wouldn't give us bar soap either to wash our hands with. He also left bar soap from the previous guest in the shower (yuck!). I wasn't impressed with him. It took him forever to clean our room and he didn't really time it well. We pretty much left the same time every day and we'd come back and our room would still not be made up. I was a bit disappointed.

Yes... some of our magnets went missing.

Sorry about Russia. We didn't do Berlin because I was worried about the train ride. Now, I kinda wish we did. The town around the port area was pretty depressed. We did a tour but there wasn't much to see as everything had been destoryed. Afterwards, we tried to go to the beach area but it was PACKED wall to wall with people. There was some sort of rowing competition going on. It was fun to watch. They had rows and rows of food stands so, not much shopping to be had. The beach must of had 10,000 people on it. It was literally wall to wall people. We saw a really fun German sing show. Walked around and had some beer.

I'm excited to hear about other people's adventures.

Hi CarolAnnC

Oh no, he must got a frighted what that had happened... I am glad to hear that he is okay....

I will telll Kids not to run when on a rainy day... but you didn't think that had happened because on Med 07 we didnt had much raining....apart from Pisa that morning...

Always something is it...

Scottishwee35

He is much better, thank you for your concern! I am definitely more cautious since the icy fall I took when I broke my vertebrae.

We missed you on the cruise! Hope we meet again one day..

We're doing the Alaska Cruise on June 21. Hope to see y'all there! :dance3:

We will be on that one, too!

We made it back last night and now I am repacking for Taiwan. My flight leaves at 7:00 am tomorrow. Poor Ray-he's going to have to clean up. I just dumped everything out of the suitcase to re pack.

It was great meeting everyone. We had a great time!! We can''t wait to do it again. We'll I better go finish up.

Safe travels to you! I don't know how you do it, I am still suffering some jet lag here just from the return flight Sunday night, lol.

So nice to meet you and your family..

Thanks to all the FE exchangers! We enjoyed our 1st Disney cruise and the fun of participating in the exchange. Glad we got to meet some of you...we kept listening for names as we were out and about to see if we could meet others on the list. Thanks to Joanne for organizing it!
Gayle & Bruce

Have a great trip, Judy. Rob and I really enjoyed meeting you, Ray and Debbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter