June 19, 2004, anyone yet???

Hi All!! We will be in Port Canaveral on Fri. and have Tiffany Towncar taking us to the Radisson. Should arrive pretty early, so hopefully can enjoy the pool awhile:cool: . Can't even begin to think about cruise packing until my New Orleans trip is over. I will have 3 days to wash, iron and repack:eek: . Ya'll send a little pixie dust my way so I can maintain my sanity. Alisa

We're flying in the day before and staying at the Hyatt overnight before grabbing the DCL bus on Saturday morning. :hyper:

Alisa, I can't imagine going on a business trip just before vacation and the washing, ironing and packing again -- but just think about the cruise and that should make it more bearable. Sending pixie dust your way. :D My ds is getting so excited about the cruise. He watches the Disney DVD every day! Is it possible to wear down a DVD? LOL He is really looking forward to meeting your ds.

Originally posted by drclaws
We're flying in the day before and staying at the Hyatt overnight before grabbing the DCL bus on Saturday morning. :hyper:

drclaws, this is what we're doing too. :jumping1: See you there!!

TootyJane, My DS is finally getting excited, he says something every day about meeting a boy from CA. Will ya'll be at the DIS meet that night? I'll PM you our room number in case we miss each other, but we should be there:wave:

Aloha All! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

This is REALLY feeling pretty cool now!!!:hyper:

We'll be in parking lot by 10 ish, hopefully, after our drive from NJ.

Hey Beth & Denise (and any other TEACHERS out there).....Here's to a great END OF ANOTHER YEAR!!!!:teacher: Things at the HS level are a bit crazy...Finals, then report cards...and there's always those few seniors who go right to the last essay question for graduation to be determined! I'll be just finishing it all on the 17th as we get into the car and head south...so I should still be a bit delirious at the Sail-Away festivities:crazy:

Yes, let's try to get together for that toast...we should be easy to spot....we'll be the ones sleeping through dinner!!!:teeth:

And thanks for all of the great tips, Wes and company...:sunny:

~Rose~

OK folks: settle:earseek: Don't peak too soon. The ideal time to peak is when they announce your arrival onboard the ship. Then you can grab the nearest bahama momma and howl like a banshee. We do!
I can feel the anticipation on this board. You sound like a great group. Much more enthusiastic than on past cruises.
Or an ideal time to peak is when you look down at the dock and see space appear between it and the side of the ship.
The meet is on for 10 pm at the promenade lounge Saturday. I don't think we'll have much trouble telling who each other is. I think we'll know each other on sight.
Another ideal time to peak is when the captain clears the channel, drops off the harbor pilot and guns it.
I'm getting verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves...There I'm better.
For all you newbies out there, I think you are going to have an experience like no other. It's reflected in the enthusiasm of those of us that have sailed on the Magic and the Wonder before. Wes
:crazy:

We should be at the port around 10:30 too! We are flying in on Friday morning,stopping at the grand Floridian so the girls can get their braids done and then driving over to Cocoa Beach.

Kathy, Ron Jon is definitely a good place to pick up some beach attire,maybe we'll see you there.

Beth, I teach Special Ed., 3rd grade resource room and 6th grade inclusion.
We are also staying in Cocoa beach Friday night but at the Doubletree Hotel.

Anyone staying near the port Friday night and planning on eating at Grills,there is a 10% off coupon on their website.
www.visitgrills.com

Happy Packing!!
:crazy: :teacher:

Denise

Im trying not to get tooooo excited YET.:) however we here in
Philadelphia do have something to be excited about right now...
Smarty Jones!!! I'll be at the track tommrow & would love to win some extra vacation money.I'll hope for some beginners luck :hyper:

Hey everyone,
We are bumming about Smahty Jones here in Boston-me and the girls were jumping up and down yelling for him.

Denise, thanks for the tip on the coupon. I am printing it out as I type.

Went shopping today for the DDs and have them settled, so now I can concentrate on me and the DH. He's also pretty set, as I ordered some things for him months ago. We aren't big on outfits here; have the extremes of suits and jeans, so we were hurtin' for some new summer clothes.

Wes, thanks for all the tips. Don't worry about us-we'll just be on Cloud Nine the entire time!

Hope everything is going smoothly for all.....See ya soon
Kathy

:wave: Hi again everyone!

Well, we now have a graduate in the house! :cheer2: ! DD graduate with honors last night in a beautiful ceremony on our football field! I don't want to brag but...she sang the National Anthem and was a speaker so needless to say we were and are very proud!!

Grad. party was this evening at our house and because of pouring rain, we were all inside!!! So now everyone has gone home and everything is cleaned up....time to focus on the cruise! I have lots of stuff to get and that will keep me busy for the next two weeks!

msdisney: I am always in awe of spec. ed. teachers. You seem to have the patience of a saint and a wealth of knowledge about how to help kids. I work closely with our spec. ed. teacher when she has first or second graders and she never ceases to amaze me! Looking forward to meeting you!

During the grad party, we all stopped to cheer for Smarty Jones...great race but not the outcome we were hoping for!

Just think....2 weeks from right now we'll be in the Promenade Lounge meeting everyone! Can't wait!

Beth:teacher:

Aloha All!:wave:

Congrats Beth to your family and especially your new GRAD!:D I'm so impressed that you were on the boards after that busy & EMOTIONAL day!

Our DS graduates night before we leave for cruise and I also have to say good-bye to my students so I expect to STILL be crying as we hit the highway.

I'm going to order the DCL gift where they decorate the cabin a bit with "CONGRATS", etc...if I get to it today... Mostly I have soooo much schoolwork yet to complete I'm very frazzled...:crazy:

Anyway....CONGRATS to all the GRADS out there! JOB WELL DONE! ::yes::

~Rose~:wave2:

Hi all, congrats to all the grads. My dd graduated yesterday and despite buckets of rain it was a beautiful day! We should all be very proud. Wes

Although I don't have a "grad" I wish to congratulate all those who have (and are) graduated. I can't think of a better way to start the next chapter of your life than a Disney cruise!! See you all in two weeks.

:wave2:

Hi everyone!

Wes, Debbie and Rose: Congrats to your grads, too! I don't know about you but I held it together during the ceremony and then lost it this morning as DD headed off to the beach for a week! :( It just really hit me seeing her head off with all her friends and thinking about her leaving for college in the fall!

Rose: Hope you have an "unfrazzled" end of the year. We are done but have to go back to school tomorrow for an in-service day already! I'll just have to keep daydreaming about the cruise!

Have a good week everyone!

Beth :teacher:

Hi everyone
Congratulations to all the grads and all the parents!:sunny: What a wonderful weekend for you all.

I managed to pick up the clothes for the girls over the weekend, so I am halfway through my packing list. I will finish this week, as I never know how busy it will be at work, and I don't want to lie awake nights (like I have been doing the past few) thinking about coordinating outfits that will keep us traveling light. I think I have it down to two rolling 27" pullmans (one containing an extra carry-on size rolling suitcase for bringing selected beverages aboard the Magic and stuffing full of t-shirts for the trip home) and one soft side rolling duffle from LL Bean for the 4 of us.
Gosh, what a waste of energy:rolleyes:

Anyway, I wanted to ask what you are all planning for the Saturday we disembark. I have no plans right now and have a couple ideas, but wondered what you veterans recommend.
Since we are flying in on Thursday night, we will probably do the Space Center on Friday (unless my DDs talk me into the surfing lessons at Cocoa Beach-cool, but what if I hurt myself and ruin the trip. I am almost 42.:yo-yo: ; but I digress)

If we don't go to Kennedy on that Friday, I think we'll go the Saturday we leave the ship. Our flight doesn't leave until after 5pm, so that gives us until around 1 to do something. The other option is just to head back to the airport and chill for the day. Maybe it's not too late for a day room at the Hyatt. Another option is the Downtown Disney, but I don't know if we need any more shopping or want to get hot and bothered in crowds the last day of a relaxing vacation.

I left it open ended with the thought of arranging for the Disney bus to the airport; the Disney transfer to WDW and then a town car to the airport; or renting a car for the day so we can be free agents.

What do you think?:wave2:

Hope to meet some of you--hubby and I will be on the 19th cruise and also repo aug 20th

happy cruisin' everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter