June 2013 pin code watch !

That is a good plan for booking, MichellelovesMickey. My budget is around the full price room because I wasn't even aware we could get discounts in June!! So, I will plan on booking at POFQ soon and hoping some discount comes along before the trip. :thumbsup2

My family and I are booked for June 8-15 at POR. I'm hoping for a great discount, but I see alot of people mentioning pin codes. What exactly is this and how would you know if you have one??????

That is a good plan for booking, MichellelovesMickey. My budget is around the full price room because I wasn't even aware we could get discounts in June!! So, I will plan on booking at POFQ soon and hoping some discount comes along before the trip. :thumbsup2

You know, I went this June and plan to go next June. From my research (extensive!) and experience, POFQ is RARELY discounted (because it is so small and Disney doesn't struggle to fill it up). The public discount was 5% last year (which isn't nothing but it's not great). POR I think can be more like 15-20%.

But you could get a pin for free dining and then you trip could cost less if you planned on getting the dining plan.

I just wanted to share so everyone is in the know.

We are in FINALLY in for this June. I'm trying to get my DH to go for a full week (7 days); he wants to go for 5 days. Sometime after school gets out on the 19th. Hoping for a pin! I got one this year for free dining but we just bought a house.

Thanks for letting me know that POFQ is rarely discounted. I think since I didn't plan on it, it won't bother me too much if we don't get a room discount. Do they give discounts for the deluxe resorts that make those rooms worth it?

I got a 35% pin discount this year - no blackouts it was AWESOME. Only place it would not work was club level garden view and POFQ! CM told me resort so small and demand so high they rarely even attach those to the high pins...POR no problem but POFQ was 10% via AAA

POFQ is very rarely discounted, you are correct, but that is why I like it there, small and not crowded :) Free Dining is good for all resorts though, so if I do get Pixie Dust again this year and get a pin I am hoping for that. Although, I did have a 30% off pin code for POFQ also last year.

Discount or no discount, Pin or no pin, I am staying at POFQ.....:O)

I know what you mean, and I've never even stayed there! I've fallen in love with this resort only from pictures and reviews. :lovestruc

We are going in December this year and hoping to return the first week of June for Star Wars weekends! Two trips in less than a one year time span means we'll have to stay off property unless some kind of discount comes along!

We are going in December this year and hoping to return the first week of June for Star Wars weekends! Two trips in less than a one year time span means we'll have to stay off property unless some kind of discount comes along!

I would think/hope on your december trip there would be a bounce back for your June trip

We're going the first week of June! If I book a package now, and we get a pin code, am I allowed to switch to take advantage of the code? Or should I wait to book?

We're going the first week of June! If I book a package now, and we get a pin code, am I allowed to switch to take advantage of the code? Or should I wait to book?

ABsoluteley you can take advantage of it if you booked now providing date/resort availability.There is great debate over booking now vs waiting for pin. I ALWAYS ALWAYS book a year out then apply discount bc I normally stay YC CL garden view which has soooo few rooms that I want to be sure I have that view and location. This year I am not as picky on the room location so I am holding out to book....

Scottmel, thank you for the quick response! I'm going to PM you some additional questions about CL...

Currently booked into SoG for June 1-11 (Junior Suite), but sould be tempted to move to POR (two rooms) if a pin came up for free dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter