June crowds and weather

becks59

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are planning an anniversary trip the second week of June 2019. Neither one of us has been to WDW since we were kids. So it’s going to feel like new.

What should we expect as far as crowds and weather? Any other advice for DL vets going to WDW?

We can’t change our dates, but I’m hoping it won’t be too big a deal since it’s an adults only trip and we are rope droppers at DL.

My family and I went to Disney in June. It was hot, but the crowds were manageable for rope droppers. A lot better than our previous trip in August. I’m assuming the crowds will be better next year because everyone, who can, will be holding out for Star Wars land. We’ll be there around the same time. I hope y’all have a great anniversary!

WDW is always crowded. Always. It's the most popular amusement park in the world. But relatively speaking, summer isn't bad at all. It's kind of their "slow" time if you will.

Weather? It's central Florida in summer. It's going to be hot and humid. Storms may or may not happen (some people say they happen daily, but that's simply not quite true). It could be storming in MK but sunny in AK. Just use common sense...hydrate, do indoor rides mid day and you'll be fine. If you want to rope drop, go for it but it's not at all necessary.

We did June on our first trip to WDW back in 2002 - hot, humid rainy
We vowed never again - fast forward to 2013 - June again
Hurricane Debbie joined us for our WDW vacation.
Rain for our 1st 4 days in WDW :rolleyes2
But the rest of the week was OK

Be ready for rain, plan for pool time, and enjoy your time at WDW ;)

Husband is a school teacher, so mid June is our usual time. We tend to have lazy mornings, maybe do a water park, go to the parks mid afternoon, use our FP'S, enjoy dinner and by then the sun is starting to set. The parks are open later in the summer so we just take advantage of the later evenings with no sun. Expect a short thunderstorm pretty much every day. We pick our standby attractions in the afternoon by whether or not they have an air conditioned or at least covered que.

My husband and I are planning an anniversary trip the second week of June 2019. Neither one of us has been to WDW since we were kids. So it’s going to feel like new.

What should we expect as far as crowds and weather? Any other advice for DL vets going to WDW?

We can’t change our dates, but I’m hoping it won’t be too big a deal since it’s an adults only trip and we are rope droppers at DL.
We've gone in June before and I didn't think it was too bad. It was hot but the crowds were manageable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter