June, July, August Planning!! Here we come Mouse House!

Wow RHMH, great pictures! :cheer2: Looks great.
is it terribly crowded, doesn't look too bad from pictures. How are the wait times? Does DL have an app like wdw with times, or reservations, for your planning during the day?

I tried a pm this time. :thumbsup2

DD's braces look great :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Hope Tomar, is having a great time too. pixiedust:

mky princess:

Sorry MKY - The crowds are not like WDW and the wait times are averaging less than 30 minutes before 1 PM and then it goes up to 60 to 100 on the bigger rides in the afternoon.

All of the rides are so close to each other and if you have to walk from one side of the park to the other, it's not very far.. I would sayit's half the walk as WDW.

We have not experienced the parks at night because we have been able to ride all of the rides and even eat and shop by 6:00 - 7:00 PM

There is an app for DLR..unlike the new My Disney Experience. It's like the old one just showing the ride wait times.

You make your ADR's 60 days out instead of the WDW 180+. DLP has many restaurants to choose from to make your ADR's but DCA has only 4 to 5.. But there counter service is very good. If you like home-cooking, you'll need to try and eat at Flo's Café in Carsland.

Braces - Thanks $$$$$$$ WOW!! I only have 4 more payments left. 5000.00 total bill for her braces but her teeth will look perfect at the end.

The weather is great here 15 to 20 degrees cooler than WDW, over casted in the mornings up until 10:30 to 11:00 AM (Don't know if it is pollution from LA or clouds from the Pacific Ocean). I have seen people walk around DTD and the Parks with light jackets and hoodie's for the evening.. Can you believe light jackets and hoodies in Mid - July????? WOW The mornings are in the low 60's to mid 60's like the weather at WDW in late March early April.

Hello Tomar - Hope your have a great time... Talk to us..:rotfl2:

HIYA RHMH!

Wow, sounds really nice. Great weather! 60's up here is swimmin weather! :lmao: Bug is pushing candy cane inn. {let me know if you see this or location, looks like it is right behind carsland} I might agree to split it with DLhotel. I always wanted to stay there.
She also is interested in doing the pacific 1 or 2 days. So we need a beach location > I am looking into.
Planning for still at least a year away ? aug 2015? But it is soooooo dauting. seems like being a "newbie".

The parade pictures are so tight. The walkways are much smaller.
Great pictures Wow.

Yes, her teeth will be perfect! Hang in there. Seems like forever before they take them off! :stir:

Have a great rest of your trip!! ::yes::

mky :wizard:

Hello Everyone & Good Friday Morning To All

The temp last night was a bit cool. But a nice change from back home.. We will be leaving tomorrow sometime and will return to 100 degree plus weather.

I have updated our trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

Thanks - I will try to get a picture of Candy Cane Inn today...

Bob

MKY - Here are a couple of pictures of the Candy Cane Inn as we were riding the bus to our hotel.

What a letdown...thought for sure it would be red and white.
Why the name I wonder?

Not sure.. The bus driver was joking with me and said OH!!! You don't want to stay at the candy Cane Inn because they have a lot of Sugar Ants... I was caught off guard for a second until I realized he was making a joke.

Your right.... The name does not fit the color of the Inn. most of the Good Neighbor Hotels are refurbished hotel from the original main chain hotels. The bus driver mentioned there are a few smaller hotels like the Wyndhum, Sheraton & Hilton Garden still in the area. Most are privately owned.

I did learn, the Candy Cane Inn has it's own bus transportation to the parks.

Welcome back! RHMH.
Thanks for the pictures. ::yes:: Glad you had a great time.

TP2 its almost augustttttttttttttttttttttttttt! :banana: :yay::banana:
You are on deck! :wizard:

Just did our fp+ ressies. That was an ordeal. Talk about over planning. :rolleyes2 It is sooooooooooooo unnatural to have to do all these plans before your trip. Cannot image doing this if you have never been to wdw before. :scared1: Huh.

EE22, see you sat. :hyper:

mky :wizard:

Good Morning Everyone

MKY - I sent you a P.M. I am ready.. :cool1:

For the families going to Disney soon... Have Fun & Eat some great food

For the returning families... Hope your vacation with Mickey was Magical

Loved your trip report RHRM.

Safe travels tomorrow Tomar.

TP2 I hope you're finding time to pack.

MKY and Bug...can't wait for Saturday!!

Hi Everyone !!!!
WE`RE HOME !!!!! (Well, barely, after 8 hours waiting for our flight due to bad weather in Jersey), I am still in a complete FOG, we ended up landing in Newark wayyyyyy after 12 midnight (plane was suppose to leave at 6:55 pm)....

I will try to give my rendition of the "Good, Bad, and Ugly of the Tomars July 2014 trip to the world" as soon as I come down to earth this week...lol :faint:
RHMH so glad you had a wonderful Vacay at DLR, Im sure you didn`t get the RAIN that we had....after all....."Seems It Never Rains In Southern California" (Song) :hippie: ;)

Talk to later guys when Im fully awake , (got home well after 2 am last night)...ugh !:eek:

Tomar, so glad you made it safely home! Sorry, you brought your storms back with you. :idea: Get some rest.

TP2, Its getting close to august! :cheer2: Hope your getting ready! :laundy: I am sure the girls are ready!

RHMH, thank you so much! Very excited! :cheer2:

Today I am home, sitting by phone. OMG Our unit is closed, when [if] we get a patient > they will call me in. :cool2: Ugh. I hate this sitting and waiting...... :hourglass I am waiting till 7pm tonight, the end of my shift. OMG. popcorn:: Ususally its a couple of hrs it is already been closed for over 24 hrs at this point.

We finally got our fp+ completed and adr's are all timed right. So, should be all set as far as planning goes.

Happy Planning, mky princess:

Tomar - Glad you made it home safe.... Send some of your rain to TEXAS... Because "We need rain in Central Texas" New Song

MKY - Super.....

TP2 - WOW!!! Counting down... Have Fun

Hi Guys! Wow everyone has been busy on here. No notifications except from Tomar letting me know she was home safe.:scratchin Glad she made it.

RHMH: I was following your trip report. Looks like a wonderful trip. I will agree that I was totally shocked by the look of the Candy Cane Hotel. :scared: Not even white, maybe the Gingerbread Hotel would be a better name.:rotfl:

So we are leaving this week for a trip to a lake house with extended family. No time for anything. Our school year is so busy now we are trying to cram everything we could not do all year into the 9 weeks of the summer.:crazy2: We are upside down. But I think I managed to sort through all of the new stuff at Disney.

MKY: Totally agree that all of the new planning is a little insane. I am helping some friends from work, none of them are as excited about Disney as I am. :confused3 They are really going through the motions for their kids. I have a feeling more people will hand their planning over to travel agents after all of this. I enjoy but will say that if you need to change your days around after the initial 60 day window, it makes life very difficult. I, of course, have all of the headliners planned :p but some things came up at home and we thought we may have to come home early.:scared: Trying to switch things up was torture. I decided to just leave it the way it is and just go with the flow and enjoy it the way it is.pixiedust:

Tomar: Anxiously awaiting your report. I can only imagine the ugly. :rotfl:

Big question...how bad is DTD? We have an ADR for our arrival night. Thinking of cancelling if it is going to be a mess down there. I really need a week of no stress. I have had enough of that this year.:sad2: I want a happy week with my family where we are all in a good place...the whole time!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter