June, July, August PLANNING thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TP2,

:rotfl: I just tell bug, we will save $$$ on plane & $$$ on a rental car = up graded room?, or an extra trip somewhere? or $$$ toward her "new" car she is thinking about?

I say, best bet: keep her busy all day. > then leave at nite when dad gets home >>> then the sleep plan will work a lot better. The 1st 3 states from here are soooooooooooooooo BORING I can't stand it. Once we hit tennessee > it get's very pretty & you feel "on vacation" >> about then the sun comes up.:) Get through atlanta [ which is always a long process] then easy driving into florida.:thumbsup2 The reverse is :eek:terrible. By time we hit kentucky I am beat and still need to drive 9 hours.:rolleyes1

But, over 9/11 it would of been wonderful to have had our car. I would of left and came home before the hurricane. I don't feel comfortable till we are off the plane. Still nervous.

mky:cutie:

MKY: I am not comfortable on the planes either with the kids. And lately there seems to be so many plane crashes. I can't help to think that with all the cutbacks to save money because of increased fuel costs that they are skimping in other areas. Letting repairs and maintenance go longer than they should. Where when things were better, they would have invested in newer planes instead of using these old ones. Just an idea but I would not hesitate to drive one bit.

TP2, I agree. Especially where you guys fly out of. One time we took mom and dad with us. i thought this is scary we are all on the same plane. Does make you think.

mky

MKY: And the flip side to that is at least if we go down, no one has to suffer without the other. My mind goes to all these place.:scared:

Howdy...
planning again mky for October:goodvibes

TP2: so what are your dates now? did you have to shorten your trip then:confused3

It's been a long week here and I'm very tired. DS's track meet on Tuesday was over at 11 pm...he got home at midnight!!:scared1: Makes for a long week. DL11 qualified for the Drake Relays in Des Moines. If you do a search you can see what it entails.

So...that is good news.

Congrats to the parents mky!

Prayers to you Tomar.
I hope Minnie and Candi are doing okay.

MKY: You crack me up!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

EE22: Still staying for 2 weeks just going 2 days later and staying 2 days later. I was shocked by the prices released on Tuesday. $167 one way and $190 back. That is per person. What happened to $44 each way??? On Tuesday we could get flights for $89 each way. And after reading the boards people said that Sunday flights only go up in price.:eek: I threw in the towel and spoke with DH about getting back a couple of days later. He said to save several hundred dollars?!?!?!? Of course. Got a great rate on a car rental though!

So glad for DD.:woohoo:

TP2, maybe you should fly southwest to chicago > and then take another plane to orlando. My flights where way cheaper. :lmao: how about that auto train thing? There is not one from here, but they look cool and your on the east coast?

EE22, you know me always planning,:surfweb::wizard:

MKY: Looked into Autotrain. It was almost $900 and that was for SEATS ONLY. No sleeping car.:eek: There is no way and it takes 17 hours after we drive for 5. Not worth it.

You are right about flying into Chicago. I looked into flying with another carrier out of Islip and they are all gone.:scared1: That is why SW is so much more money this year. They chased the competition away. I am going to hold out and see what happens down the road. I am expecting $69 each way on a Tuesday during a sale. We shall see what happens.

EE22: I booked with Alamo. I was playing with codes and coupons for hours the last 2 days. Between Costco, Walmart, Workersadvantage, Entertainment, I can't even remember what else. But we are going to pickup the car on the evening of our arrival from the car care center and then drop it at the airport. I was getting hammered because we needed an extra 6 hours. The weekly rates were good but the daily rate was huge. Finally got it to work but my goodness, I had to work for it.

Hi everyone.

Not much to add at the moment. I guess since we are not planning another trip for a while, it does not give me much to tell.

MKY - did you ever let the ladies know of your adventures trying to get into the hotel. :lmao: You could tell it so much better than I could.

Just wanted to chime in with my congratulations to your mom and dad MKY. :banana:

EE22 - congrats to your DD as well. :cool1:

hello,

TP - i like the gf cafe for steak. they have a new york strip with red wine sauce. i like the flavor of the sauce. Mky dragged me to the yachtsmen steak house. the chef came out and wanted to double check with me that i wanted it butterfly and extra well done. he did not want to do that to a piece of meat he was cooking. not to mention everytime i took a bit of bread the waiter was there to clean up the crumbs. ask mky to tell you what did we wear there. i still make jokes of it.

ee22 - i always liked running track. i heard your dd likes donald duck too. when does school end there?

@ the tea, you can pick what sandwiches you want. i like the pear.

bye humphrey

ps mky have fun a work this weekend. bug

Hey Humphrey - The Yachtsmen sounds too uptight for my liking.

DD10 loves her steak and it can break me when we take her out to eat. She had steak about 4 nights on the cruise ship and was loving it. We may have to take her to the gf for steak if you liked it there.

Hiya Bug!
DL11 comes from DS liking Donald...as I really took her name as Eeyore is her favorite. She likes Donald too though.

DL11 took 1st place tonight in discus.
DS took 1st place in discus tonight and 1st place in shot put too.

Good night for the Family of Disney Fans:yay:

June 5th if the end for the kids for school. I am done the 9th.

Hi Bug::goodvibes:goodvibesThanks for the info on Yaghtsman Steak House. That would never work for us either. We are not stuffy people. Maybe Crews Cup? I think that is the name. I had stayed at Yaghtclub many moons ago and remember eating in a restaurant that did not require reservations and was just outside of Yaghtsmans. It was way more casual and they still served steak.

EE22: So glad to hear about the kids.:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:That is amazing news. So wonderful to hear of them doing so well.

Candi: Hope you are starting to feel a bit better.:hug:

MKY: Sorry you are stuck at work. At least you are making money for that Disney fund!

TP2: If TRex is on the dining plan...their steak was great for DS.
Now the Rainforest Cafe' at AK should be on the dining plan:confused3DS had steak there and it was good too.

I got some great steaks at Hy-Vee from the Amana Colonies this week...COME ON OVER SUNDAY!!!:woohoo:mky and Bug might be able to after she gets off work...it's a bit closer.

EE22: Last time I checked, neither restaurant was on the plan. Rainforest Cafe is finally taking reservations but that is it. I think my kids would be afraid in there. Or I should say DD8 would be afraid in there.:rotfl: We tried going to the one in Niagra Falls and she would not step foot inside. Stood outside screaming. We still tease her for it.:lmao: Great parents, right!

Hi :)

I would like to extend an invitation for those going in June/July/August. I manage several swaps over on the budget boards and have a few openings.

If you are staying at the All Star Resorts, we are organizing a new Fridge swap. Here is a pic of the fridge:
afridge.jpg

afridge1.jpg

We have several dates open in June and July. Here is the link if you are interested in joining:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2151728

We have a single stroller swap:
41CadiiRC-L__SL500_AA280_.jpg

With July 21-31 open. Here is the link if you are interested in using the single stroller:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2109547

Plus we have 5...yep 5...wonderful double strollers:
1d.jpg

with many dates open in June/July/August. Here is the link if you are interested in using a double stroller while at WDW:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1992277

We'd love to share these items with you.:)

Hiya everyone,:cool1:

EE22, that is great! Congrat's DL11:banana: & your brother too:banana::banana: Nice way to start spring.

TP2, WOW, I thought all the resturants where in the meal plan. :confused3 Just another reason for us not to do that.

Tomar, Hang in there.:hug:

Candi, your sounding a little more upbeat, hope your feeling better.

It was 74 here today. Very hot in the hospital. They bolted our windows a couple of years ago, it was about 90 in there, or; was I having hot flashes again?:lmao:

Hope everyone, has a great weekend. Supposed to rain tommorrow. April showers bring may flowers......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter