June Trip advice

Tinkerfan2005

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney the last weekend in June. I have our Fast passes all set. I know it is going to be hot and crowded. I have only gone to Disney in November and December. Does anyone have any tips for me? Thanks

We are headed 2nd week of June! The mid-day breaks i hear are fantastic (we are doing those for the first time), and always drink water. We have found having cases of water at the room and bringing them into the parks makes a huge difference too. Through the hottest parts of the day, try for the inside AC attractions or go back to the room if you are staying on property. Take it easy, and just enjoy the trip is always the best!

I've only ever been in the summer. Water. Water is your friend. We take reusable water bottles that are thin with just a bit of insulation. It cuts the weight, but it helps condensation (and moderately helps keep it cold). Refill them at any quick service location with free water. Some locations will even have cups of water waiting to be taken. Drink often. When we get in a new ride line, we all take a drink. Staying hydrated really keeps your stamina up and helps keep Grumpy away.

We never do breaks in the day. We go open to close, but we do make sure to have plenty of time at meals and plenty of time at inside attractions. Others find that breaks help so just go with what you think would best help your group.

We are going to Disney the last weekend in June. I have our Fast passes all set. I know it is going to be hot and crowded. I have only gone to Disney in November and December. Does anyone have any tips for me? Thanks
We go in June every year. You've already got the hard part out of the way - you said you know it is going to be hot and crowded. Remember that and embrace it. A hot, crowded day at Disney is better than no day at Disney. You already know what it is going to be like going into it so just keep that in mind, pace yourself and stay hydrated. Enjoy the magic

We've gone every two years or so in summer. I agree with the water and mid day breaks. We didn't want to be bogged down with carrying water, so we would pop in to a cs for a cup of ice water. I used to carry kool-aid powdered mix-ins or crystal light to mix in the water to encourage my kids who "weren't thirsty". I think also not being rigid with your plans. Sometimes, we looked at our group of sweaty, cranky people and said, let's go sit down and have ice cream/dole whip and then discuss what we want to do next. If you live anywhere that it's hot, it really isn't that bad.

It rains a lot in June, so be prepared for that too. The rain DOES NOT help it cool down though. If it starts to rain, duck into a store and do some shopping. Stop into a QS restaurant and grab a snack or a drink and just relax. If it doesn't rain and the sun is unbearably hot...do everything I just mentioned as it will help greatly! I've lived in FL since 94. The first few years were difficult for me as I'd lived in Alaska for 3 years and my body just preferred those temperatures. When I discovered how to "handle" the heat, it got much easier as the summers went by. Have a blast!

Another thing that helps in the heat....do a ride with an indoor queue. If the wait says 45 minutes.....do it! That time cooling down while you wait for the ride..you'll be amazed how well that works too.

I think you have the right idea, it will be hot and crowded BUT you can always make the most of it. I encourage a midday break especially if you have kids but even with no kids, it’s always nice to stay out of the sun and chill out for a couple hours. Plus, at night the heat isn’t as bad (still incredibly humid though) and the wait times definitely drop. Good luck!

Anything and I mean ANYTHING that's in the shade and/or AC is your friend. We're from a hot location and spent several years living in FL. When we went last year, late summer, we basically just prioritized taking it slow and being relaxed. When we got hot, we took a break with cold snacks, or a QS meal in the shade, or an indoor show or ride. We didn't have a touring plan, we didn't rush, we just meandered, took every opportunity to find shade or AC, drank lots of water from QS locations, and dressed for the heat.

Hats. Hats with wide brims are your friend. Who cares if it looks good, just wear it. Trust me, a wide brimmed hat looks better on you than heat stroke. ::smiles::

Plan park visits based upon EMH and go to those parks early. Leave for lunch and cool off in the pool. Then go back when the heat of the day is over around 4:30 ish. Drink lots of water

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter