Jungle Cruise not available for Advance DAS Selections for January

garris3404

Focus on the magic!
I registered for DAS on Saturday for our trip January 15-23. Jungle Cruise was not an option for advance DAS selections during our MK days (nor the entire period). Was this case for you as well? I'll switch my selections if it becomes available.

If others aren't finding success I would consider trying to modify your plans after the Jingle Cruise closes and it is operating as Jungle Cruise again... My theory is this is an IT quirk that has to do with the overlay. I tried to book LWTL for dates during the overlay but my booking date of 11/11 was before the overlay started. It was unavailable for all dates of my Dec trip, the CM was confused too but nothing they can do. I changed my plans on 12/1 which was after the overlay had premiered but before my 48 hours before booking window closed and I was able to book LWTL Glimmering Lights no problems.

If others aren't finding success I would consider trying to modify your plans after the Jingle Cruise closes and it is operating as Jungle Cruise again... My theory is this is an IT quirk that has to do with the overlay. I tried to book LWTL for dates during the overlay but my booking date of 11/11 was before the overlay started. It was unavailable for all dates of my Dec trip, the CM was confused too but nothing they can do. I changed my plans on 12/1 which was after the overlay had premiered but before my 48 hours before booking window closed and I was able to book LWTL Glimmering Lights no problems.
I agree it's probably some kind of IT glitch. I don't know how long it takes to change the Christmas overlay back and forth. Maybe they meant to block it for that and hit a glitch

Cast member stated that Jungle Cruise was back, but all booked for my dates. 🥺
Not buying it*, the ride is popular but not Slinky Dog level popular- especially because far fewer people would try to book it since it wasn’t available at the 30 day mark. I’d still try again after the ride is actually running as JC.

*I don’t believe the computer, the CM is just saying what the computer says

Frustration: It's sad that you have to cancel an advance DAS before looking for another one. It's not like that for hotel reservations, dining ADRs, park reservations, etc. Come on Disney, get it together.

Not buying it*, the ride is popular but not Slinky Dog level popular- especially because far fewer people would try to book it since it wasn’t available at the 30 day mark. I’d still try again after the ride is actually running as JC.

*I don’t believe the computer, the CM is just saying what the computer says
There are limited numbers of 'slots' available for DAS Advance Selections - when all the time slots are filled up for a specific attraction, there are no more.
Which attractions fill up first doesn't necessarily go according to popularity in general. It's really dependent on the specific DAS registered guests making DAS Advance Selections that day and what their abilities/restrictions are.
Jungle Cruise is a 'classic' attraction that a lot of people do want to ride, but it's also wheelchair/ECV accessible and doesn't have any height restriction or warnings. Pretty much anyone registered for DAS could go on it compared to the number who wouldn't be able to ride things with warnings.
My daughter is tall enough for anything and likes some wilder things, like Tower of Terror.
But, there are things we'd never make a DAS Advance Selection for her - for example Mission Space or Slinky Dog Dash.
In our experience, Jungle Cruise has been available for advance selection 30 days out only once; however, we have had no problems getting day-of DAS selection for it.
We've also not been able to get a DAS Advance Selection very often.
Frustration: It's sad that you have to cancel an advance DAS before looking for another one. It's not like that for hotel reservations, dining ADRs, park reservations, etc. Come on Disney, get it together.
My understanding is that after 2 DAS Advance Selections have been booked, the system locks up so no more can be made. Not sure, but I think it's so no CM can give preferential treatment to a guest (for example, book 3).
I'm not positive, but I think it worked the same back in the days of Fastpasses, when each guest could book 3 Fastpasses in advançe

It's a bummer you have to do that but fwiw the ride is still running as Jingle Cruise, your only hope was that the IT quirk I theorized was at play otherwise it was booked out by your booking window making it almost impossible to pick up later...

Do we have a single DP of anyone successfully booking and Advance DAS for Jungle Cruise yet?

I think of the advanced selections as a gift - they don't have to offer them. You can always get a DAS return time when you are in the park, unless it is close to closing and the standby return time is past closing time. Then, you can ask the CM at the queue to manually add a DAS return time (which is usually immediate or within 10 minutes) I've been able to do that successfully on our last three trips. Others have posted that they were denied, but I never have been.

, you can ask the CM at the queue to manually add a DAS return time (which is usually immediate or within 10 minutes) I've been able to do that successfully on our last three trips. Others have posted that they were denied, but I never have been.
Pretty sure it all depends on how accurate the wait time actually is that’s displayed.

So for example, you get to the ride 20 mins before park close and the official wait time is posted at 45 mins. You can’t book in the app because the wait time is past park close. But if you go to the attraction and the real wait time is 25 mins, you’ll be allowed on, because 25 minus 10 is less than the 20 mins until the park closes.

But if the wait time really is actually 40-45 mins (uncommon for end of night wait times to be that accurate, but it happens) then even subtracting 10 mins, still puts you past park close. I think at that point it’s up to the CM whether they’ll let you in thru LL or just send you to the regular queue. Most probably let you thru, but a few will be sticklers.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it all depends on how accurate the wait time actually is that’s displayed.

So for example, you get to the ride 20 mins before park close and the official wait time is posted at 45 mins. You can’t book in the app because the wait time is past park close. But if you go to the attraction and the real wait time is 25 mins, you’ll be allowed on, because 25 minus 10 is less than the 20 mins until the park closes.

But if the wait time really is actually 40-45 mins (uncommon for end of night wait times to be that accurate, but it happens) then even subtracting 10 mins, still puts you past park close. I think at that point it’s up to the CM whether they’ll let you in thru LL or just send you to the register queue. Most probably let you thru, but a few will be sticklers.
How would the CM know the "actual" wait time at the moment?

Do we have a single DP of anyone successfully booking and Advance DAS for Jungle Cruise yet?
I was able to get Jungle Cruise on Jan 30th at 11-12 for my party of 4. The only thing I couldn't get was Slinky Dog one of my days (got it a different day though); the CM told me it was sold out for the day I didn't get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter