Just a Dream Away- The Imagineering Thread*Are you curious, imaginative, dedicated?

I've always wanted to be an Imagineer. I actually had a few ride ideas in my mind. I'll post them if you guys want me to.

Go ahead if you want. It keeps the thread active.
Ok, here's one I just made up.

Journey into Music presented by Bose:

Ok this would be a great replacement for Rock n' Roller Coaster just in case Aerosmith's contract ends and they don't renew it. Just like Rock n' Roller, it'll be a roller coaster. So, you go into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Then, a Cast Member leads you to the Rock and Roll Labs, a secret area of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame that's been hidden since it's been created. Once you get into the briefing room of the lab, the leading scientist (I have no idea what to name him, but he'll be played by Meatloaf.) welcomes you to the labs and tells you about their first invention, a machine that actually gives you a ride through 5 songs in 30 second samples, leaded by which genre you pick, which will be in your cars. There will be 4 genres and they are, including the songs:

Pop:

All American Rejects - Believe
Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again
Mika - Grace Kelly
Paramore - That's What You Get
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Peek a Boo

Classic Rock:

Europe - Rock the Night
Foreigner - Jukebox Hero
Genesis - No Reply at All
Tesla - Modern Day Cowboy
Van Halen - You Really Got Me

Modern Rock:

Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm
Daughtry - What I Want
Foo Fighters - All My Life
Placebo - The Bitter End
Silversun Pickups - There's No Secrets This Year

Metal:

Black Tide - Shockwave
Coheed and Cambria - Guns of Summer
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Megadeth - Sweating Bullets
Motorhead - Ace of Spades

So, anyway, you go to the loading room which has a giant video boombox, and you get in your car and put on your restraints, and then you cast your vote and the winning vote is displayed on the boombox and then you blast off to your winning choice of music! And there are a bunch of fantastic effects, such as lights waving around to the music and neon guitar lights, all the works!

I'll post my second ride later.

Oh my goodness. I've wanted to be a Disney Imagineer forever. Its my lifelong dream. I remember sitting in the airport and saying to my parents "I want to work for Disney, I want to be an Imagineer."
I either want to work for the Architecture department or landscape.
I met the head of architecture at the dine with Imagineer thing at WDW.

you know... everyone has cool ride designs but we aren't old enough to put them into effect. so we should hold our own little DISboards imaginations contest. it could be fun we could have 3 teams and 3 judges or whatever we wanted. a teamm could consist of 4 people... anyone like the idea?

ohey. I think I'd like to jump into this thread. I'm glad it's here, it seems cool!
I no longer harbor a desire to be an Imagineer (at least for the time being), however, I follow a lot of Disney's construction and Imagineering projects, and it seems that those projects are focused on in this thread.

Erm and I have some old projects I made dust off and post here. Did a whole Tomorrowland thing.

But anyway.... What sites do you guys collect information from/follow for general disney news and info?

For example, I mostly use:
MiceAge
wdwnewstoday
thedisneyblog
jimhillmedia
Blue Sky Disney
Disney and More
disneyshawn
Orlando Theme Parks News
Progress City, USA
The Pixar Blog
Screamscape
Mouseplanet
Magic Eye

uhmm, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.
But yeah..

That's my first post I guess. Imagineering ftw.
PS RAnd0m B0@astINg: My Disney claim to fame is I was in brief email contact with ([former] Imagineer) Marty Sklar for a few weeks a few years ago. I wrote an entire essay on Imagineering and my life and shared it with him, and he read it and gave me feedback. I was such a cool 13 year old.(But not really, haha)

fin

I only check a few of those daily. I'll also check out other sites occasionally if i'm looking for more info. One you missed out is the Official Disney Parks blog. www.disneyparks.com/blog. I also check out www.parkeology.com but that's more for hidden Disney secrets around the park than keeping up with current projects.

Oh yeah, I saw parkeology before when I was looking through the thread. I read a few articles, it looks pretty cool, and really funny. I think I'm gonna start following it on blogger.

you know... everyone has cool ride designs but we aren't old enough to put them into effect. so we should hold our own little DISboards imaginations contest. it could be fun we could have 3 teams and 3 judges or whatever we wanted. a teamm could consist of 4 people... anyone like the idea?

This would be awesome, I wonder what we could make the prize?... please someone make this happen!

we'll talk about it later when more ppl are intrested

The Micechat boards did something similar. I can't link to the post, but they called it an Imaginatition. If you want to base something off that, I think the idea is really cool. I'd be interested.

we should wait off for Alice to get back... she might freak if we did this without her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter