Just a Dream Away- The Imagineering Thread*Are you curious, imaginative, dedicated?

Ugh. I've been thinking of an idea for a resteraunt, like Animation Through the Years type of theme. Like, have different themed rooms: '20s-'30s, '40s-'50s, '60s-'70s, '80s-'9-s. Classic rooms, but none of like, todays stuff (sorry, Pixar and Ponyo). What would be really cool would be like, to have characters from each era in their themed rooms. Not all of them, but like, Steamboat Willie and Oswald, Donald dressed up as he was drawn in the '30s. Only 5ish characters per room. And, for like, maybe one round at a random point in the day, have them all go around EVERY room.

The food that would be served would be like, American. However, for things like Coca cola or something, they'd be presented as something from one of the era's. (Today's special: Coke from 1950's style bottles!) Yeah, something like that.

And it would be in MGM.

Ugh. I've been thinking of an idea for a resteraunt, like Animation Through the Years type of theme. Like, have different themed rooms: '20s-'30s, '40s-'50s, '60s-'70s, '80s-'9-s. Classic rooms, but none of like, todays stuff (sorry, Pixar and Ponyo). What would be really cool would be like, to have characters from each era in their themed rooms. Not all of them, but like, Steamboat Willie and Oswald, Donald dressed up as he was drawn in the '30s. Only 5ish characters per room. And, for like, maybe one round at a random point in the day, have them all go around EVERY room.

The food that would be served would be like, American. However, for things like Coca cola or something, they'd be presented as something from one of the era's. (Today's special: Coke from 1950's style bottles!) Yeah, something like that.

And it would be in MGM.

This is a great idea!

If it didn't work in the Animation section of the Studios ( I could totally see it there), another option would be Pop Century. It'd be the first Value with a sit-down restaurant!

I think that'd work, or hearing Jane yell "Help!". What if the unload station was up high a bit? Then as the coaster slowed down you could see Tarzan with Jane and Clayton hanging from a vine or something. Tarzan could be thanking you for your help.

I was thinking the track could at least have some vines hanging from the side like in this pic:

Tarzan.jpg

Yeah..animatronics of Tarzan and Jane..with Clayton tied up in vines. haha

And that would look awesome. They'd have to attach to something other than the ride track though, so they don't get caught in the train and cause an accident.

Yeah..animatronics of Tarzan and Jane..with Clayton tied up in vines. haha

And that would look awesome. They'd have to attach to something other than the ride track though, so they don't get caught in the train and cause an accident.

Right, that's what I meant, for both of those. They'd need to create another structure around or near the track. Hopefully the flora would be so thick, that it would really put you in the world of Tarzan, though.

This is a great idea!

If it didn't work in the Animation section of the Studios ( I could totally see it there), another option would be Pop Century. It'd be the first Value with a sit-down restaurant!

Suggest it when you become an Imagineer. :D
POP! would make a great backup plan.

I already have three sleeping beauty ideas in my notebook :thumbsup2 I'm working on a lion king ride but i keep hitting a wall .......12 tries 12 fails

Suggest it when you become an Imagineer. :D
POP! would make a great backup plan.

Sure! I totally will :D

I'm not shure...but im definetly getting into the internship....PM so we can talk WDI!

ImagiNations helps get you noticed so you can get an internship. Can you imagine how many people must be applying for each opening? :scared1:

WDWtraveler27 said:
I already have three sleeping beauty ideas in my notebook I'm working on a lion king ride but i keep hitting a wall .......12 tries 12 fails

I haven't dabbled much in Sleeping Beauty or the Lion King.

I've been trying to do attractions with no movie tie-ins. I've got about three-four ideas.

Sure! I totally will :D

ImagiNations helps get you noticed so you can get an internship. Can you imagine how many people must be applying for each opening? :scared1:

I haven't dabbled much in Sleeping Beauty or the Lion King.

I've been trying to do attractions with no movie tie-ins. I've got about three-four ideas.
yeah i have those two...ive got about 17 but most of them are just different versions

Mhm. My main focus is Tomorrowland (which actually, if I count all of the attractions for DL, puts my count up a little) and Frontierland, as I feel those lands hurt the most in Disneyland.

ahh so your thinking of being a DL WDI? I want to be WDW WDI.

im just gonna help a little bit and please dont feel like im crushing your really cool idea...but why would tarzan need help from the guest..and also i dont think the preview show fits in because first of all who video taped janes capture in the jungle? it dosent fit in...but something would be needed to provide some info on what has happened.....lemme think

I don't think you choose what park to work in. WDI is seperate from the Parks Division(s).

The video I don't think would work either. I much prefer an audio-animatronic preshow. But, as for Tarzan needing help, you could be guests of the Porters (which is why you start in the tent) and Tarzan allows you to come along to look for your friend.

Ooh but if you're in the tent/campsite anyways, during the preshow you could see/hear the shadow of what's happening outside the tent (Jane being captured)

HOW ABOUT TURK BEING ALL WORRIED AND ASKING FOR HELP?!?!
OH REALLY ....WELL i WOULD STILL PREFER WDW :D

No problem :D

I don't care what park or resort I have a project in, I've studied them all to bits anyways.

i really need to go see the ones over seas.....LOL do you also analyse the parks when you visit them.....instead of how you thought and saw them the first time you visited?

Yep, I definitely analyze. =D When I went to DL for a day with my dad on 8/13 I was pointing out all the new/stupid/odd/unoriginal/bad ideas that had recently been put in haha.

Overseas, I've only been to Tokyo Disneyland (not Seas, wasn't built yet), but I try to learn as much as I can online about each park. I know the basic attractions, lands, and restaurants in every park. Right now I'm trying to watch all of the old, old Disney movies no one's ever heard of.

The Happiest Millionaire is my favorite, and a bit of a cult following in WDI, so I've heard ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter