Just a Thought - Organizing Reviews

MissMagnolia

DIS Veteran
I have been trying to track the new additions to reviews and I'm having difficulty if I am away from the boards for a day or two. I think it would be helpful if people posted a new thread for each restaurant they ate at instead of doing a few on one thread and then in a few days reviewing more dining experiences on the same thread. Just my opinion. :)

Or...do all the reviews at once instead of posting later on the same thread.

For what it's worth,

I post all my reviews from a trip at the top of one thread, one post for each day of dining. If the reviews are not all finished yet, I put in extra posts for days I haven't done yet, and fill them in later.

I don't like it when a report is posted in multiple threads, because they become separated, out of order, and sometimes difficult to find.

erikthewise said:
I don't like it when a report is posted in multiple threads, because they become separated, out of order, and sometimes difficult to find.

I agree. When it's all in one thread you can subscribe to that thread and read it as it's updated. I hate multiple threads because then you have to check to see if a new thread was started for a new day of dining. It's easy to get confused and miss your "place" when it's done that way.

MissMagnolia said:
I have been trying to track the new additions to reviews and I'm having difficulty if I am away from the boards for a day or two. I think it would be helpful if people posted a new thread for each restaurant they ate at instead of doing a few on one thread and then in a few days reviewing more dining experiences on the same thread. Just my opinion. :)

Or...do all the reviews at once instead of posting later on the same thread.

What I like about your idea is that the name of the restaurant is in the title of the thread. That way I immediately know whether or not I'm interested.

WebmasterPete had suggested this when the forum first opened, but I guess it was a no-go. :rolleyes:

I like the idea of the separate threads as well. I guess it's a matter of subscribing to the threads or not as to your personal preference. I like to just peruse the boards to see what catches my interest.

Well it just seems that it would be even more confusing to have a thread for each restaurant that means someone could have up to ten for one person and maybe 5 ppl come back from WDW at the same time and post reviews..That would be a mess..

I am greatful to all the reports, however they are posted. But to be honest, I think the most useful way to organize the board would be to have one thread for each restaurant and not allow the creation of any new threads. So anyone who wants to know about WCC can just look in the WCC thread and see all the reviews and comments.

salmoneous said:
I am greatful to all the reports, however they are posted. But to be honest, I think the most useful way to organize the board would be to have one thread for each restaurant and not allow the creation of any new threads. So anyone who wants to know about WCC can just look in the WCC thread and see all the reviews and comments.

I think that's a really great idea! :thumbsup2 But maybe we could have the ongoing threads for each restaurant, and allow people to create their own threads if they want to do it a different way.

I like the idea of restaurant name in the title and one post per restaurant. I tried it with my last review of the Coral Reef at Epcot. :thumbsup2

I agree- I like it better in all one thread. It's too hard trying to find seperate posts.

taragl said:
I like the idea of restaurant name in the title and one post per restaurant. I tried it with my last review of the Coral Reef at Epcot. :thumbsup2

I agree. The restaurant name should be in the title. I love the idea of dining reviews, but I'm not interested in every restaurant. It would be nice to be able to look through the titles for a place that catches my eye.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter