Just added on 300 pts at OKW direct with Disney at $135 per point thru 2057. Added magical beginnings and that reduced the price to $115 per point.

We got down to $173.67 after Magical beginnings for 300 Disneyland. Then we added on 6 more points to make 306 points in 4 contracts that total a summer week in a 1 bedroom there. Gives us flexibility to sell off 56 or 70 or 80 or 100 points if we decide we have too many out there.

Planning on doing Aulani at least every other summer and stopping at Disneyland on the way.
This is the way!

I don’t often see OKW grand villas available at 7 months, especially not at anything close to peak times. We use OKW as our “grand villa” resort when we bring grandparents, extended family, etc. OKW Grand Villas are really where the value lies at the property.
SHHHhhhh.......:)

$198 avg at 150, $194 at 200 and $184 at 250 and $181.33 at 300 for Riviera before taking $20 off if you do magical beginnings rebate for first year points. Can do June use year and get 2023 points sold back and granted 2024 and 2025. You would have 3x your base points still bookable and useable within 13 months if you borrow your 2026 June points into a June 2025 trip for instance. Of course you have to pay calendar probated dues on the 2024 points and subsequent dues.

$208.66 @150, $198@200, $197@250 and $193.67@300 at Disneyland Hotel before the $20 magical beginnings rebate if you wish to take it.
Yea my first DVC direct buy was 300 at RIV with these incentives at the $181.33/PT (I didn’t take magical beginnings with that) and then a month later added on the 300 at OKW (which I did take magical beginnings on) for $115 a point.

I feel good about the price and the mix of points. I suppose I could have just gotten 600 points at RIV, but there’s still a big $$$ difference between $160/pt and $115/pt.

Yeah it's not as good as lower point levels. That's why I would do 250 if I do it to get 184 then 164 after MB
Thats a good deal. I think my RIV in November came out to 173 pp but I would not have received 2023 points if I waited for this deal bc we own an April UY.

I’m gonna go big with 10x.
I was thinking about it and I think 10x is still reasonable. It feels like a lot of people are buying the 300 for the incentives which of course will move more OKW. CFW averaged 9.5k a month during it’s first 2 months of sales, not that hard to believe sales could drop to 5-7k a month. The RIV incentives this round though are pretty decent so that may detract from the OKW sales

I was thinking about it and I think 10x is still reasonable. It feels like a lot of people are buying the 300 for the incentives which of course will move more OKW. CFW averaged 9.5k a month during it’s first 2 months of sales, not that hard to believe sales could drop to 5-7k a month. The RIV incentives this round though are pretty decent so that may detract from the OKW sales
Let’s say that CFW did maybe 9k of sales, do we think Disney has been sitting on more than 100k of OKW for over a year since they stopped exercising ROFR, and if so, have they actually been able to rent it out? Perhaps this is why they launched the DVC friends and family promotion this summer?

I assume we would have heard about it if they were starting to run out of UYs.

Anyone wanna take bets on how many multiples of OKW points sold compared to CFW? 4x? 5x?
Guess I’ll take the under;) I can’t see OKW beating out RIV, which should have decent sales given its incentives this round. If we’re going by 9-10k points for CFW, I think 3-4x those numbers is fair for OKW. I think Riviera will be 8-9x. Most buyers are new and I doubt DVC is actively promoting OKW to them, at least not more so than the other 3 newer resorts. I think OKW is a little boon for us existing members for the most part. Still crazy to think OKW will out sell a brand new resort- thats going to sting no matter what the actual total comes to.

And we might see bigger OKW numbers before the end of the incentive season when the FOMO hits harder. Then again, my assumption is that we’ll be really close to sales starting on the tower so new info might be out for that and that might sway buyers to wait. When do the sales numbers usually get reported?

You don’t think most of the April contracts have been recorded by this point in May? I thought it was about a 10 day-2 week lag?
I think most of us use the DVCNews summary that @wdrl puts together as the gospel truth, and he does it based on date posted to the portal.

I think most of us use the DVCNews summary that @wdrl puts together as the gospel truth, and he does it based on date posted to the portal.
Ahh, I see. DVCNews is great I didn’t realize that’s how the reports were done- good to know.

So by next month we’ll have a more accurate look at what a full month of these incentives looks like 👍🏼

I don't know about you but I don't have 40K lying around for the luxury of another 300 points and MF's. For those that do enjoy.

I will take the under if for no other reason than that we’ll only have about 2 weeks of recorded sales with the incentives.
I forgot that there’s a lag in recording. You’re probably correct.

I also think the most experienced DVC owners (who often love OKW) might wait to add giant contracts until the final 10 days of the promotion just in case something more exciting pops up next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter