Just back - a few restaurant reviews

disneyfor3

Mouseketeer
We ate at the following:

Chef Mickey's for breakfast - food was great, had a place mat set up for my husband's birthday but brought the cupcake with candle about 3 minutes after we sat down. We only saw Mickey and Pluto for a brief moment each and didn't see any others.

Ice Cream Social at Epcot - LOVED IT!!! We had Mickey and Pluto visit twice and both sat with us. Pluto pretended to eat my son's ice cream. We also had Chip and Dale visit separately and each sat with us also. We loved the ice cream - they brought little cups of chocolate chips, cherries and chocolate sauce for my son to decorate with. Great character interaction!

Rose and Crown Inn for my husband's 40th birthday - I had contacted a woman in Disney dining who in turn contacted the manager here about a birthday cake for my husband in advance. She offered to comp us a cake or order one. I chose the comped cake since they wouldn't have to ship it. We had a priority seating on a Saturday night at 7:50 p.m. We checked in 15 minutes early and were seated promptly at 7:50 p.m. on the upper terrace under an awning. It started pouring after we sat down and we were happy we were under the canopy as we watched all the people down below scatter. We did a few of the higher fireworks during viewing but loved this spot! My husband, son and myself all tried the Fish and Chips and found them fabulous. Right before Illuminations started all of the cast members came up to the table clanging instruments and singing and put a beautiful cake decorated with a chocolate crown and sprinkles and handwritten Happy Birthday Dave on it to the table. It was wonderful! This was a very magical evening we will always remember.

Pepper Market - Used one voucher. My husband and I split a wet chicken burrito, a small garden salad and a strawberry shortcake. We ordered 3 sodas with one included on the voucher. We also separately got my son a child's hot dog meal. When we went up to pay, the manager said to the cashier just take the voucher - no charge for anything else. Wow!

Beaches and Cream - Also used a voucher here. My husband and I split a double cheeseburger (they are the best here!), onion rings, and a No Way Jose Sundae (no way to finish it!), and an iced tea for me. Separately we ordered a kid's meal for my son and a strawberry shake for my husband. When I made the comment to the server that my son's would probably drink the shake and my husband wouldn't get any, she brought two small shakes with whipped cream and sprinkles on them instead of one shake and the metal container. Love this place and huge savings with the voucher. We arrived early around 11:15 a.m. and were seated immediately. It was getting busy when we left.

Boma's for dinner. It was interesting to try. Loved the prime rib and all the soups. It was a very relaxing dinner as our 3 year old slept through it.

Whispering Canyon for lunch - great food and it was fun to watch the goings on. Slow service though or maybe just seemed like it because our son kept acting up and wanting to go back to the lobby to play lincoln logs. My husband had the chicken sandwich which was huge and I had a grilled chicken salad that was great.

Plaza Restaurant for dinner - very good food - loved the strawberry grilled chicken salad, my husband had the reuben, and my son had the mini hotdog and mini hamburger combo.

Food and Fun Center at the Contemporary - loved the egg, bacon and cheese croissants. They are huge so my husband and I would split one. Also, one evening we got a huge slice of Quiche Lorraine and two slices of cheesecake. Both were fabulous.

Thanks for all the details.

Sounds like you had a easy go with your vouchers. That has been our experience also.

I think adults like to celebrate their birthdays just as much as kids, so that's great that your DH enjoyed his day. Just proves that we are never too old to enjoy!

Thanks for the reviews! I've been wanting to try the strawberry grilled chicken salad at the Plaza Restaurant - maybe next trip. :D

Great reviews! Thanks for taking the time to inform us. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter