JUST BACK-ANY QUESTIONS?

If you're in the ewa tower, the grills are really close by. It was really convenient and the grill utensils are borrowed from the pau hauna community room.

How was the luau at Paradise cove? We will be 6 adults and I was not sure it would be worth it. Did you go to the starlight hui they have at the resort?

How was the luau at Paradise cove? We will be 6 adults and I was not sure it would be worth it. Did you go to the starlight hui they have at the resort?

We did the starlit hui and enjoyed it. Next time, I would skip the paradise luau. It was enjoyable, but very pricey. If you go, do not opt for the deluxe package. It's expensive and unnecessary. The fire dancer dropped his fire stick into the crowd on accident and my daughter cried the rest of the show. We were front row so she wanted to leave because she was worried he would drop it again. Sooo...needless to say, it wasn't worth the money for us! Lol

We did the starlit hui and enjoyed it. Next time, I would skip the paradise luau. It was enjoyable, but very pricey. If you go, do not opt for the deluxe package. It's expensive and unnecessary. The fire dancer dropped his fire stick into the crowd on accident and my daughter cried the rest of the show. We were front row so she wanted to leave because she was worried he would drop it again. Sooo...needless to say, it wasn't worth the money for us! Lol

oh no, i'm so sorry to hear that... but kinda reminds me of that scene from "lilo & stitch" ;)

Random question about the lei's your receive at check in--about how long do they live and were you able to take them home with you? I want to keep mine but I didn't know if they would only live a few days

Regarding the lei...my daughter and I made identical leis over at the Marriott a few years back (they had an open activity in the lobby for anyone so we jumped right in) The weird thing was mine wilted, browned up and died and hers dried out beautifully with color and she still has it in her room! We were trying to figure out what was different and the only thing we could think of is I wore mine for a day or two and she hung hers in the room in a darkish area and didnt touch it. I know the tuberose in the Aulani leis (white flowers that smell sooo beautiful) will not keep for sure, they brown up pretty quickly. I do think they keep longer for wearing if refrigerated

A funny thing regarding the leis in the refrigerator. Last summer when we went to Aulani my daughter made anything she could with the flowers. We had leis, headpieces, bracelets, etc all in our mini fridge. She actually took the food out of there to keep all these flowers. They stayed nice while in the refrigerator but once we took them out they withered very quickly. Nothing made it back home. This year, the food & drinks will stay in the refrigerator!

Some details that I forgot to share:
Hawaiian airlines flight from LAX-HNL
Our first time on this airline. We LOVED it. Free rum drink before landing on a tropical vacation- YES PLEASE! Plus free meals and snacks, It get like a flight from 20 years ago! Lol image.jpeg

Alamo rental car from HNL-Aulani.
Would absolutely use Alamo again. Used the kiosk for check in and skipped the long line. Easy peasy return at aulani. We just used the car to get from the airport to aulani and aulani to Costco/target and back. No overnight parking fees and the easiest return process I have ever encountered.

Grocery list:
Got salmon, Hawaiian bread rolls, water, chips, pineapple, salad and macadamia nuts at Costco. Also scored some beautiful sarongs there for the cheapest price I saw all week, $8!

Target got sunscreen, lunch meat, cheese, milk, yogurts, bananas, oatmeal, corn, microwaveable rice cups, paper towels, plates and plastic utensils, granola and beer for the hubby.

Downsides to the trip: early pool/lazy river closure. I would have loved a night swim. Pretty bummed by the early closing time 8 pool-6 lazy river.

The biggest downside-having to leave and come home! Lol

Some details that I forgot to share:
Hawaiian airlines flight from LAX-HNL
Our first time on this airline. We LOVED it. Free rum drink before landing on a tropical vacation- YES PLEASE! Plus free meals and snacks, It get like a flight from 20 years ago! Lol View attachment 165088

Alamo rental car from HNL-Aulani.
Would absolutely use Alamo again. Used the kiosk for check in and skipped the long line. Easy peasy return at aulani. We just used the car to get from the airport to aulani and aulani to Costco/target and back. No overnight parking fees and the easiest return process I have ever encountered.

Grocery list:
Got salmon, Hawaiian bread rolls, water, chips, pineapple, salad and macadamia nuts at Costco. Also scored some beautiful sarongs there for the cheapest price I saw all week, $8!

Target got sunscreen, lunch meat, cheese, milk, yogurts, bananas, oatmeal, corn, microwaveable rice cups, paper towels, plates and plastic utensils, granola and beer for the hubby.

Downsides to the trip: early pool/lazy river closure. I would have loved a night swim. Pretty bummed by the early closing time 8 pool-6 lazy river.

The biggest downside-having to leave and come home! Lol
Did you fly first class on Hawaiian? I always fly Hawaiian coach and the only thing I get for free is the meal. Snacks and alcoholic drinks are extra.

Did you fly first class on Hawaiian? I always fly Hawaiian coach and the only thing I get for free is the meal. Snacks and alcoholic drinks are extra.

We did not. We did pay for the extra comfort seats, but all that got us was early boarding and more leg room. The entire flight got breakfast, chips and the rum punch (in addition to regular drinks as well) breakfast was a breakfast sandwich, fruit bowl and a Hawaiian cookie. The flight attendant even gave my daughter a bag of extra cookies and trail mix while exiting not the flight for being so well behaved. We took it to the hotel and snacked on it all week.

On our return flight home we got dinner (teriyaki chicken, rice, salad and a cookie) and a free glass of red or white wine along with regular drinks and snack mix.

We had the most lovely flight attendants and a wonderful flight both ways. I would highly recommend this airline!

We asked the flight attendant what brand the rum punch was because it was so yummy and she asked us if we would like another glass because there was still some left in the bottle! It was delicious and a wonderful way to start our vacation.

That's awesome, maybe things changed and are giving more complimentary snacks and alcoholic drinks! It's been two years since we've flown Hawaiian and we are going back in October on Hawaiian, hope that's the case! I totally agree, I only fly Hawaiian to Hawaii, we've never had flight issues and the onboard crew are always so happy and helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter