Just back....Any questions............

mariamard1

Mouseketeer
We flew into LAX from Chicago Midway. I tried to get a flight into Orange and it was way too high. Super Shuttle took us to and from the airport. They were prompt and really nice.We just came home from a 5 day stay at Hampton Inn and Suites. Great hotel!
The weather was terrible on Tuesday with very heavy rain. Wed , Thursday, Fri and Sat were really nice. This was my first time at DL since I was a kid and I loved it!!! Our family goes to WDW every year (sometimes twice) so I was excited for a change. I loved the fact that you copuld walk from DL into DC in minutes! So cool not to have to load up on monorail or bus to get to another park!
The crowds were bad on Thur, Fri, and Sat. Wed was OK. I expected crowds being Easter week, so no biggie. At one point on Fri, there was a 180 minute wait for Splash Mountain. Yes, 180 minutes=3 hours! Fast passes were all given by 4 for the day at Splash and at DC Grizzly , Soarin' and Screamin'.
We ate just about everywhere in the park. I recommend Blue Bayou, French Market and Club Buzz for the kids. We also ate 2 times at the mexi restaraunt in front of Big Thunder Mountain RR. Awesome salads and enchalladas.
Any questions??

Hi, I wanted to know how the shuttle from the hotel was. We are debating staying across the street somewhere on Harbor Blvd. or staying at a suite hotel and riding the shuttle. Just wondered how that worked for you. Also did you do a character meal?

i'm curisious re:super shuttle...how long did it take? what was the cost? what were the prices like at BB?

We used the ART and it was great!! Where were you thinking of staying? I loved where we were on Harbour. In our same lot there was also a Hilton Garden and an Embassy Suites. Oh, and a nice Hyatt, too.We were about 3/4 mile to the park and the shuttle came every 10-20 min. The desk gave us a schedule and if the bus/trolley was full, they would call in an extra. We never waited more than 10 minutes and there was always a seat. It reaaly isnt worth it to me to get a car unless you plan on going to Knotts, SD zoo or elsewhere.I also noticed alot of hotels charge for parking.I like being down the street . It was way too crazy down in front of the pedestrian walkway near the park. We had a Target across the street which came in handy(daipers, snacks, Tylenol,etc) instead of paying a mint at 7-11 or ABC stores.
We didnt do a char. meal due to the fact my baby is nuts! :crazy: Meaning, we were just on the Disney Cruise last month and when we were at char. meals, she would scream and freak out when they (the characters) would walk away from us! She wants to squeeze them to death. Its quite embarassing when she almost ripps there heads off trying to hug them to death. :rotfl: Im not exagerating(sp?)....Let me know if you have other q's!

From LAX Super shuttle prices were $45 each way for 4 of us(free-under 3)and we made a ressie at www.supershuttle.com. We were also able to make a guarentee time of pick up to go back to LAX. We also pre-tipped. It was 40 min. ride at 10 am to get from LAX to Harbour BL. BB was pricy, but worth it! We made PS before we left Chicago. Plan on $20 per person.

We're staying at the Hampton Inn in 2 weeks. I'm glad to hear you liked it and that you had a fun vacation! Did you request a certain room (away from elevators or ice machines, etc.)? Just wondering if I ought to call and request a certain section of the hotel. Did you use the pool--how was it if you did? How about the breakfast--yummy?

Thanks!

We loved this property! Everyday, they would change the hot portion of breakfast....sausage w/biscuits, waffles, french toast, eggs. There was always 4 cereals, 2 yougerts, fresh fruit and cut fruit, 3 coffes and asst. teas and 3 juices.. There was also danish and pastries. Very yummy!We would fill up on breakfast then eat a late lunch, light dinner. DONT buy the frozen entrees from the gift shop-they are $5-6 each!!!There are a ton of fast places to eat around the property, too. Del taco, pizza hut, Jack in the Box, Carrows, Carls Jr. There is an Outback, too.
We called to get a nonsmoking room and we stayed in 608-pool veiw.Very clean. There are 7 floors and 2 elevators. Be prepared to use the stairs in the am, if you can. Dont stay next to the elevators. Loud and the wait is looooong in the am. We also ate at 6-630 in the am- the line in the breakfast room is nuts after about 7 when we'd be finishing up.Everything would be refilled right away, thou-so dont worry about that!
The pool area is great. Theres a wading(1 ft) pool for babies, a decent 5 ft pool and a hot tub.Towels are outside and near the fitness center.Have fun!!!!Im sure that youll love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter