• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back. Boy was it HOT!!!

CarolinaBlue

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good<br><font
In the 90's every day. No rain to speak of while we were there. The parks were crowded, of course. It is June! I was not impressed with the Animal Kingdom (our first time at this park). We loved Wishes and Mickey's Philharmagic. We stayed for the second Spectro Magic Parade on Wednesday night at 11:00pm. We did not do EMH but still got alot done during the first 3 hours of each morning at each park except Animal Kingdom. It was too hot and way too crowded to do anything there. We did enjoy Festival of the Lion King. We had lunch at the Crystal Palace and we loved it! I believe this was our best trip yet!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

It was definitely HOT! I thought the crowds were very managable. Actually, I think it was more crowded last year in the second week of June than it was this year. We did everything we wanted to do and many things more than once. If we go in the summer next year, we won't do so many park trips and will spend much more time at the resort, though.

I absolutely HATE Florida in the summer! I was just out running errands today and was miserable! Air conditioning definately has it's DISadvantages....I'm just too used to that cold air blowing on me all the time! From home to the car, from the car to the store, etc. I can't tolerate the heat!

I told my girls that next time we go to Disney, we will go in December!::yes::

Gee, I didn't think the heat was too bad - I guess I expected worse! We seemed to have enough clouds around to help and then being in and out of air conditioned attractions also helped. I was really happy we didn't have the daily afternoon t-storms that have been mentioned. I thought the weather was great! The crowds were very manageable last Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Then they started picking up a bit. But using FP was the way to go!

CarolinaBlue ~ we did breakfast at CP and we loved it! Great characters, excellent food. I would definitely do that again!

I'll be there in 7 days ..... Trying to prepare myself (and everyone else) for the heat - but question - how much did it rain - weather forcast shows rain every day! THanks Lil

We just came back last weekend. I worried so much about the heat b/c I don't even like Ohio summers, but it didn't seem that hot to me. Maybe b/c we don't have a/c at home and sleeping in a/c everynight was so refreshing? I don't know WHAT it was, but I loved the weather. It didn't seem to get crowded for us until after noon, but it never seemed that crowded. Maybe b/c we'd go in high gear during the morning but slow it down in the afternoon. We'd usually go back to POR for a few hours around 3 and then head back to the parks.

When we did AK, we arrived when the park opened and went to the Dinosaur Park. Everyone else went to the safari and we had the dinosaur area to ourselves. It worked out very well. We planned on getting fast passes for later in the morning for the safari, but someone gave us fast passes for 10:30 -11:30. I didn't expect to be blown away by the safari b/c we've done similar things at other zoos and at The Wilds here in Ohio. It was the one thing at WDW that underwhelmed me. Even when you see animals, you can't stop and look at them b/c the driver has to keep on driving, but that's to be expected b/c it's a ride. But ds loved when we drove fast to catch the poachers!

Wasn't Philharmagic wonderful! We saw it twice

Corina

My aunt took me to Disney back in August 1989 for a graduation present. One day it was 112!!!! Now I know that's probably the norm for that time, but being from Canada, I felt like a roasted peanut! Flip me over, I'm done on that side!:faint:

Hi Carolina Blue -- I like your name!

We did a quickie trip last July, and it was really hot. I'd still rather be at WDW any day than somewhere cool, though.

heheh. I recently returned home from a deployment to Canada for a couple weeks, and when I got out of the jet back here in the Ft Walton Beach area I could barely breather due to the humidity... and I live here!

it has been brutally hot recently. and being how im strapped for cash, i was stuck doing outside work last week.

You are certainly braver than we.

We only go in late January, early February when the temperature is moderate and the crowds are low. Our only problem is how many long sleeve shirts and how many short sleeve shirts to take. I can't imagine what it is like to wait in long lines in the heat.

Hi Carolina Blue, nice game(football) last year. We had a GREAT time and your fans treated us nicely.:wave2: Hope to do it again soon.:wave: We are going to Disney in Aug. when the HEAT is at its lowest. HA!HA!HA!:hyper: How was CP for lunch? Looking forward to it. Thanks:bounce:

I live just north of WDW and have been avoiding it due to the hot weather. :crazy2: :faint:
If I STAYED out in the heat, that might help. But between A/C buildings and a car, it seems unbearable when without A/C.
I am now a true Floridian. At work I have a space heater under my desk and I am wearing winter clothes! :crazy: Only in FL, as most buildings are freezing cold inside in the summer.

We had a storm move through last night. Hoping it cooled off some for everyone.

I'm glad everyone had a nice time!
You all are scaring me about the heat.....We have a choice to go end of June or Election/Jersey week in November 05, now I am not sure?:confused:

This was my family's third trip in June and we thought it was the best weatherwise. The last time we were there in rained constantly......I don't think we were ever dry!!

However........we have decided we are going to go back to going the SECOND week in June as we thought it was so much more crowded this third week!!:eek:

The mornings were nice and not too crowded. The parks started to get crowded around 12:00. A.K. seemed to be crowded from the start. It seemed to me that the paths there are more narrow than the ones at the other parks. Maybe it's just me. Epcot was great on Sunday. We had the park to ourselves for most of the A.M. MGM seemed a little crowded, but I think that is because it is much smaller. We did everything we wanted to do there. Magic Kingdom was great as always. We rode Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White, Pooh, and Haunted Mansion in the first hour. I did notice that Adventureland is the least crowded of the lands in the P.M. Everyone was in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland from 7:00p.m. until park closing.

The best way to handle the heat is to start early, drink lots of water, go inside often, and take a midday hotel break! It worked for us, otherwise, we would never have made it.

Lunch at Crystal Palace was great! It was definitely worth the price. Our PS was for 11:30a.m. and we were seated around 11:35a.m. Our server came to our table immediately and took our beverage order and then directed us to the buffet. The food was delicious! The characters started making rounds as soon as we sat down with our food. We saw Piglet and Eeyore only once. That was a little disappointing as Eeyore is my favorite. Tigger and Pooh came around more often. Tigger even sat with us! That made my DD(13) very happy as he is her favorite! We will definitely eat at Crystal Palace again! Maybe we will try breakfast next time.

We been to WDW in May, Jun, Aug, Sept, Oct and Nov. To tell the truth the temperature seemed to be about the same from May to Sept. Some months more humid and some months more rain.

All in all .....HOT HOT HOT!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter