Just back - dining review many places

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
We just got back from our trip and I wanted to post some reviews. Please let me know if you have any questions. I'm posting in the order we went to them, so I can remember better.

Ohana (D) - LOVED this. It was our first time here and we will be going every trip from now on. Our waitress actually wasn't all that good. She didn't ask if we wanted more, wasn't very attentive or friendly, but still our favorite place. The food was excellent, as was the atmosphere. The kids loved the games as well. We didn't have any specialty drinks, kids did special order mac & cheese w/no issues. By far the best meal of the trip

Tusker House (L) - This was really good. DH had chicken sandwich and I had the 1/2 rotisserie chicken. Both were excellent. DDs had the mac & cheese (which is pretty much what they ate for the week - that and the pita pizza).

Tonys Town Square (D) - This menu really is limited, but DH & I both had the spaghetti and meatballs which were very good. We'd definitely go here again. They give you a huge portion, bread w/the meal as well. Our waiter was very friendly too.

Earl of Sandwich (L) - picked up meatball and turkey sandwiches here for lunch. We're used to going to Potbelly by us, but these sandwiches are even better.

Biergarten (D) - waitress was friendly, we had nice people sitting at our table and the food was very good. Love the pretzel rolls!! my only complaint was our timing...we just missed the band and it didn't start up again until we were almost ready to go. very good though.

Chef Mickeys (B) - we enjoyed the breakfast way more than the dinner we had last year. breakfast foods were very good, large selection, Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy were there.

Cosmic Rays (L) - we just had cheeseburgers, which actually weren't as good as I remember them in the past. the kids liked them, but they were just ok to us

Sci-Fi dine in (D) - I know there have been lots of negative posts on this, but we decided to try it for dinner. We LOVED it. DH had the shrimp pasta, I had the bbq chicken sandwich. i'm kindof picky, and thats not normally something I'd eat, but it was SO good. We also had great chocolate shakes. The atmosphere is fun. We'd definitely go back here

Akershus Princess breakfast (B) - Great breakfast food. We actually liked this better than the castle. Good variety, and we got to see Belle, Snow White, Aurora, Mulan and Jasmine.

Grand Floridian Cafe(L) - We were so stuffed for breakfast that we just got some soup and salad here for lunch. It was good, pretty restaurant, kindof expensive just for what we got, even for Disney standards.

Crystal Palace (D) - We were debating on skipping this, but So glad we went. Just as good as last year. Love the food, excellent desserts. I think I ate 3 pieces of key lime pie. DDs loved the characters. We had a very nice waiter here as well.

Caseys (L) - I had never been here before, but we wanted something easy for lunch. Got hotdogs and mini corndogs for the kids. Their fries are different and very good as well. Hotdogs were HUGE. We all really liked this meal.

Kona Cafe (D) - Very very good. We never had any food issues at the Poly. I had the char crusted filet which was excellent and DH had an asian pasta dish which he loved. Our waitress here, not so good, very slow and didn't crack a smile, but we loved the food and would go back.

Anyway, just our reviews. Please let me know if you have any questions!

sounds good! I'd love to try some of the restaurants at the Poly next time we go... :thumbsup2

I'm glad to hear Ohana is as good for dinner as it is for the charecter breakfast. We can't wait to go back.

I have a question about the chicken sandwich you had at Sci-Fi. Was it just cooked on a grill or did they put BBQ sauce on it? It's what my son will order but he prefers simple things.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Are you coming back, OP? I really do want to know about that sandwich. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter