Just Back - Favorite Meals!!!

DisneyHolidayFan

DIS Veteran
Just returned from WDW yesterday (boy, was it warm and humid for this time of year). Loved LeCellier (cheese soup was terrific and filet was great). This was probably our best meal of the trip. Breakfast at Crystal Palace was also fantastic (this restaurant has never failed to please us for breakfast over the seven years we have been at WDW). LeCellier was our favorite; Crystal Palace a close 2nd.

Above average meals were Liberty Tree Tavern, 50's Prime Time, Grand Floridian Cafe, and 1900 Park Fare.

Disappointments were Rose & Crown Pub (wonderful last year) and Garden Grill (a major disappointment for me as this used to be my favorite meal at WDW).

I think quality of meals sometimes varies from visit to visit and also who is doing the cooking.

Hope this might help some soon-to-be travelers. Happy Eating! (I GAINED 5 POUNDS EVEN AFTER ALL THE WALKING!!!!)

What was bad about the Rose and Crown? That is the one undecided TS we have and we leave in 3 days!

Can you give a review of Garden Grill? Thanks. :thumbsup2

decbysteph said:
What was bad about the Rose and Crown? That is the one undecided TS we have and we leave in 3 days!

We both had the steak and fish - not bad, just nothing special. Last year, we thought it was wonderful. We also had the warm apple crumb dessert - last year, it was terrific; this year, we had much better at other restaurants, such as 1900 Park Fare. Hope this helps; if I had my choice, I would go to LeCellier.

swankybeth said:
Can you give a review of Garden Grill? Thanks. :thumbsup2

I really HATE to say anything bad about Garden Grill as it has always been special to us. But, they made changes to their menu that I thought were not an improvement, such as salad dressing (used to be a ranch dressing, now a vinegarette that was not very tasty). Fish was good, steak and turkey were nothing special. Mashed potatoes were not good (too much liquid) and vegetables were okay. The butter for the rolls was citrus butter; I didn't think it tasted right with bread. Dessert was bread pudding which we don't care for so declined (probably, didn't need it anyway!!!). If you go, please let me know how it was. I really hope we were just there on a bad day. I WILL try again next trip.

DisneyHolidayFan said:
I really HATE to say anything bad about Garden Grill as it has always been special to us. But, they made changes to their menu that I thought were not an improvement, such as salad dressing (used to be a ranch dressing, now a vinegarette that was not very tasty). Fish was good, steak and turkey were nothing special. Mashed potatoes were not good (too much liquid) and vegetables were okay. The butter for the rolls was citrus butter; I didn't think it tasted right with bread. Dessert was bread pudding which we don't care for so declined (probably, didn't need it anyway!!!). If you go, please let me know how it was. I really hope we were just there on a bad day. I WILL try again next trip.

Garden Grill is going to be our first night's meal on our January trip. I'm going to do dining reviews, so I'll let you know how it is. We've only done the ice cream social, so I have nothing to compare the "new" menu to. :)

This sounds like all the Rose and Crowns in Britain !
Pub food is usally not very good at family chain resturants!

Thanks for the reviews. I am excited that you liked Le Cellier and CP for breakfast, GF Cafe and 1900 PF because we will also be dinning there in May. I have been to Le Cellier before and loved it. I have been to CP but not for breakfast so I can't wait to try it. We have not been to GF Cafe or 1900 PF for dinner yet so I was glad to hear you liked it. Were you at 1900 PF for dinner or for breakfast? If it was for dinner could you say what you ate and what you liked?

Thanks,

Loralie

Garden Grill constantly changes things - so hopefully it will be better next time you go. I wish they would have left the dessert when it was apple crisp with vanilla bean ice cream. Yum! And I preferred when the salad was caesar, but my DH preferred the ranch. Thanks for your reviews!

Thanks for the reviews. We are eating at Le Cellier, 1900 Park Fare, and Crystal Palace on our upcoming trip next week. It helps to see good reviews.

loralie said:
Thanks for the reviews. I am excited that you liked Le Cellier and CP for breakfast, GF Cafe and 1900 PF because we will also be dinning there in May. I have been to Le Cellier before and loved it. I have been to CP but not for breakfast so I can't wait to try it. We have not been to GF Cafe or 1900 PF for dinner yet so I was glad to heaear you liked it. Were you at 1900 PF for dinner or for breakfast? If it was for dinner could you sa y what you ate and what you liked?

Thanks,

Loralie

We had breakfast at 1900 PF but would like to try it sometime for dinner. Hope you have a great trip and great food!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter