Just Back from 3-Day Wonder--GREAT!!

Kim Marie

Earning My Ears
Just returned from the Disney Wonder yesterday--everything went great--This was my 4th cruise but never on Disney and I was very impressed!! I don't even know where to start ,so if you have any ? please let me know and I will try to help--The boards are great and so was the Passporter Cruse Book--Have A Great Disney Day!!:D :bounce:

What are some "do not miss" things on the three day. It seems most folks that write are taking the longer cruises. My family takes our first DCL cruise in August. My DS is 12 yrs old plus my DH and myself.

What ship activities are the best? Id like to do some stuff where we can win some of the fabulous prizes people write about winning.

What are the best things to do at Castaway Cay?

Welcome back Kim Marie! Can we thank you for bringing the great weather home to MN?

Did you have kids in your group? I'd be interested in hearing what they enjoyed the most. When we leave on our 3-Day Wonder Cruise on 11/6 our kids will be; DS almost 13, DS8, DD7 & DD4.

Hi We agree !! We were on the Feb. 27 Wonder 3 day With 5 Adults & 3 kids ages 15, 11 & 8. My 8 yr. old niece really enjoyed the Oceaneers Kids Program, even @ Castaway Cay. My 15 yr. old son & 11 yr. old nephew loved snorkeling @ CC. We all loved the Nassau Deck Party! It was great to see a family atmosphere throughout the ship. The food was great & we can't wait to go back!

There was 11 of us 4 Adults and 7 kids--ages 15,12, 12, 11,9, 8, and 5. The kids loved the ship and they did like to go to the oceaneers lab at nite after the shows--their favorite was the night they made flubber! The only show I really liked was the Disney Dream Show--the kids went alone to Hercules and liked it!We did early seating and was very impressed by the food--our favorite was t he last night at Animators Palate and we celebrated a Birthday-just tell them the night before and they will bring a cake.We did love the Nassau Deck party and the sail away party--it was so fun to dance and just let your hair down!! We did the Dolphin Swim on Blue Laggon and took the 2:00 ferry back and everyone went back to the ship but 3 of us went shopping and to the straw market--it was fun but I just wanted to be back on the ship (and I'm a shopper) I just loved walking around on the ship exploring all the detail and walking the decks.We played Bingo 1 nite --it was fun--the kids would always be in the lobby at night for the character greetings--the photos turned out great--make sure you plan on where you want your photos taken because the 3 day goes by so quickly!! We loved CC --I could of stayed there for a week!! It was so beautiful --we did the CC pkg.--really did'nt need to because there was so much for the kids to do in the ocean with the play area--the snorkeling was just o.k.--we did'nt see anything but it was windy that day and I was not impressed with the help--they did not explain or help anyone and we had some first timers. We did enjoy the bike ride!! I loved the Wonder and Our state rooms were just the right side we had 3 rooms and 2 were adjoining 8068 & 8070--the help was great and the ship was spotless!! I would recommend this cruise to everybody!!! Hope this helps!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We were on the same cruise! It was VERY short, but we had a marvelous time. Do not miss Disney Dreams. It is awesome.
I attended the shopping at Nassau talk, and won a set of pearls, (necklace, bracelet, and earrings), and my daughter won a sun-changing hair clip.
My 10 year old probably liked the Arcade and the Mickey slide best. She only went to the lab a couple of times, and that was to play on the computer. She liked the Lilo and Stitch 3D game there. She also really liked having Disney movies available in the room 24 hours a day.
We all enjoyed meal times. The service was superb and food was excellent.
We shopped in Nassau for an hour or 2 (my husband bought me a tanzanite tennis bracelet!) and we bought liquor to bring home, and rum cake, and T shirts at Del Sol (that store is fun) and my daughter got her hair braided. I liked Nassau. Some of the people were pushy but very friendly.
Castaway Cay was beautiful. We rode the banana boat. It was a rough ride and my arm muscles still hurt a little, but it was a blast. My daughter dug in the sand a little and we played pool and shuffle board, and went to Monstro Point and dug in the sand there too. My husband didn't care for the food, but I enjoyed a lobster burger and my daughter ate a hot dog and ribs, there was plenty of fresh fruit.

Hi Kim Marie-
We're planning to book the Dolphin Swim, which isn't offered by DCL. Was this what you did or did you do the excursion offered by DCL? If not DCL, how did you get to Blue Lagoon Island?

Thanks!
Brenda

I am completely new at DCL questions so hopefully this won't sound so silly. But you mentioned the 3 DAY cruise, is this really the 3 NIGHT cruise???? I am so confused. It seems on the 3 night cruise you really only get 2 days on the ship, because of the times of arrival and departure. I am concerned that we would be missing out on a lot, not really able to "get it all in".

I suggest to book the Dolphin Swim directly with Dolphin Encounters their phone number is on the web page--just call directly--DCL does not offer the Swim only the encounter--Call today!! Good Luck

We also had a great time on the Wonder arriving back in port on April 13th. Things not to miss are the shows, the deck parties, snorkeling at Castaway Cay, late night buffets on deck 9, watching the sunrise over the ocean and make sure you take time to relax ....

Kim Marie (or anyone else who knows), since it was such a short cruise, I was wondering if you missed out on anything due to reservations filling up. I have been wondering if it's more difficult to get a Palo reservation or a spa reservation since the time frame is shorter. Is there a mass race to get your reservations made?

The BEST advice I received from these boards were: Arrive the day before, we stayed at the Radisson for $79., we took the 10:20 shuttle to the port and checked in . We were one of the first people to get on the ship at 12:30--We looked around the ship, went to our room, signed the kids up for OC and then the spa opened up for reservations -don't take the tour-had lunch in Parrrot Cay-- then relaxed!! We did not make any dining reservations at Palo--we just booked the cabana massages at Castaway Cay--it went so smooth because we checked in so early!!! Hope this helps!!:D

Originally posted by PRINCESS VIJA
I am completely new at DCL questions so hopefully this won't sound so silly. But you mentioned the 3 DAY cruise, is this really the 3 NIGHT cruise???? I am so confused. It seems on the 3 night cruise you really only get 2 days on the ship, because of the times of arrival and departure. I am concerned that we would be missing out on a lot, not really able to "get it all in".

Yes Vija -- this is actually the 3 night cruise that they are speaking of. Get to the port early on thursday --- I believe you can get in the port by 10:30 or so. Enjoy the model in the port, check in and get in line awhile. You should be one of the first on board and on the ship by 12:30! You will have almost the entire day thursday PLUS all day friday and saturday. This will give you a good taste of cruising. And I bet your family will beg to cruise the entire 7 days next time and skip the world all together!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter