just back from first trip ever!!! Reviews of 9 days of dining plan(day 1 and two)

Torjohnson

we are all interested in the future because that i
Well, we are back from the fantastic first trip to wdw. The prologue is as follows...We are seasoned Disneyland Travelers, this was our first trip and our first experience with staying on property and the dining plan. The cast of characters are myself, DW, and DS8. We stayed at the Pop Century... First off, let me say, as pop culture freaks, it was the best choice. To fill ourselves with the giant spectrum of people that go to WDW, we couldn"t ask for a better place. WE LOVED POP!!!! Never waited more than ten minutes for a bus,always had a place to sit down,loved the music and the staff. I would go there again in a heartbeat.
Day 1. We get there at 6 in the evening. We decided to food court it, and swim. It is a beautiful evening. 85 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, where are the rains and crushing heat, I think. Everything Pop is often in our travels. We turned snacks into breakfasts. But tonight, overwhelmed by the pure popness, They get Very Sloppy Joes, I get the Moms Night barbeque pork . The food is fine. Nothing amazing, but totally doable. The one thing we loved is the flatbread sandwiches. So good. We loved the Ham and Havarti(but we are from the West Coast, what is Havarti. ) While at Pop we also had waffles, chocolate chip pancakes,(the waffles are great, made right there), Chicken Penne Alfredo...and a breakfast Sandwich. We didn"t eat this all the first day. But for convenience, this place rocked.

Day 2. First day in the parks, MGM Studios. Food wise, again, nothing extraordinarily profound. We checked out Pizza Planet, hoping it would be just like the place in Toy Story. The heat has kicked in slightly, there are people everywhere. Ahh, I am finally getting the idea of WDW in the summer. We had pizzas(hmm, creative choice). The funniest thing about the dining plan is how often they try to push stuff on you. "No dessert?, you get dessert.) And we consumed the pizza like hyenas. Not "Good Pizza" per se, but fun, and my son loved the arcade(Our events today consisted of Tower, Rocknroller,Great Movie Ride...weird thing,that..loved it, but it was very odd. Let's see, the studio tour, Narnia...my choice for worst attraction, but my son was into it... Star Tours, Indiana Jones Stunt Show<so cool for kids>...and surely more... But Dinner was at Sci Fi, which we absolutely loved.
SCI FI. First off, one of my favorite things about the whole experience of wdw are the people you meet. We had two "hitchikers" in our cars, a woman and her daughter from Philadelphia. We chatted, drank milkshakes, watched the worst movie trailers ever. We had a wonderfully charming CM. We ate salads, onion rings(mmm...onion rings), my son had a burger, my wife had a steak, and I had ribs. The ribs were awesome, tender, off the bone loveliness. My wife and son loved their food, too. This is a truly wdw experience, and I would highly recommend it.

coming soon. Day 2 and Three

Thanks for your reviews so far. It sounds like you enjoyed your first trip to WDW! Do you like DL or WDW better now?

there were definitely things I loved about Disney World. There seemed to be more of a "human" element there...live actors in the movie ride,a cool moment when we saw Darth Vader walking around in Star Tours, the cast members (especially the ones on a college program) were so great. I am kind of a buddhist so I am not ready to make a better or worse judgement.
It's funny. In the Epcot films they often emphasize how the country is about the people. I would go there for my visit. The human element is more present in disneyworld....but I like my tiny, quaint Disneyland for what it is too.

Thanks for the review! We were at POP two years ago and loved it too. I would rather stay at a WDW value than anywhere off property! :)

Beth :wave2:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter