Just Back from HHI

walter

DIS Veteran
We just got back from 10 days at HHI. The weather the first couple of days was ok, then we had overcast, rain and a visit from tropical storm Tammy (approx. 8.35 inches in one day). We always like visiting this island, walking the beaches, kayaking, just relaxing & yes eating. We ate at Kingfisher & Parrot's Cove at Shelter Cove, Sticky Fingers, DelVecchio's, Charley's Crab, Smokehouse BBQ (2x's), One Hot Mama's BBQ, Salty Dog and even an Original Pancake House. One place that we did not care for was Guisseppi's at Sea Pines (the other at Selter Cove is always good). We enjoyed kayaking through Outdoor Hilton Head in Broad Creek (can make reservations in their store next to Piggly Wiggly at Shelter Cove - make sure you obtain $15 off each reservation). We stayed at DVC for 5 nights then visited the Sea Pines area for the first time. On bike rides within the Sea Pines area we saw alligators and turtles that we never saw in the marsh area. Many douphins were seen in the South Beach area. Just a note, we were able to get into our room at DVC at 10:00 am (first time that ever happened).

Thanks for the post! DH and will be making our first trip to HHI first week of November, and are really looking forward to it :cheer2:

What does HHI stand for, Please? Thank-you. I have the other figured out but can't get this one! Enjoy your trip!

Ten days! To me, that sounds so wonderful. But did you get at all bored staying that long? Also, when in Sea Pines, did you ever eat at Cafe Europa? If so, how was it? And were you bike riding in Sea Pines because you were staying in there or is there a way to bike in Sea Pines if you're staying at DVC? I've always wanted to bike ride in Sea Pines, but didn't know how to get there from DVC.

We stayed for 5 nights at the Marriott Monarch Resort in Sea Pines. It is an older resort but was well kept. The biking is great (South Beach, Harbortown, etc.). We did not eat at Cafe Europa, but hope to the next time around. Our guide when kayaking told us of Marley's and Frankie Bones which we will also try. Many of these places have early bird specilas that are great and save you a little $. The resturant guide that you can obatain for free gives you some insight into menus & $.

Simba's Mom said:
Ten days! To me, that sounds so wonderful. But did you get at all bored staying that long? Also, when in Sea Pines, did you ever eat at Cafe Europa? If so, how was it? And were you bike riding in Sea Pines because you were staying in there or is there a way to bike in Sea Pines if you're staying at DVC? I've always wanted to bike ride in Sea Pines, but didn't know how to get there from DVC.

I love biking through Sea Pines because there are all these trails that are located off from the streets--makes it so much safer as far as cars go. You can bike out of Sea Pines onto 278, but you cannot bike in, unless you are already staying at Sea Pines (there is a coded gate and fence located on the bike path). To use the trails you have to bring the bike in with your car, pay the gate fee, park and then bike. It sounds crazy, but that is the truth. It may have something to do with its being a private gated community. One other option is to bike in from the beach side, then there is no gate, but that would be a bit of a haul from Palmetto Dunes (closest to DVC) up the beach.

Enjoyed your trip report Walter! What did you eat at Guiseppi's that you didn't like? We always get pizza there and have been happy, so was sorry to see your disappointment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter